PDA

View Full Version : LSU's QB to enter draft

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 01:54 PM
LSU's Russell to enter draft after junior season
ESPN.com news services

Louisiana State quarterback JaMarcus Russell will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft in April.

A news conference is scheduled Wednesday to announce the decision, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday.

Russell, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder from Mobile, Ala., was the nation's No. 3-ranked quarterback in passing efficiency this season. He threw for a career-high 332 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers' 41-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night.

Russell will finish his LSU career with 6,525 yards and 52 touchdowns in three seasons -- two as a full-time starter.

my question...is he better than Quinn or Smith???

District303aPastPlayer
01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
LSU's Russell to enter draft after junior season
ESPN.com news services

Louisiana State quarterback JaMarcus Russell will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft in April.

A news conference is scheduled Wednesday to announce the decision, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday.

Russell, a 6-foot-6, 260-pounder from Mobile, Ala., was the nation's No. 3-ranked quarterback in passing efficiency this season. He threw for a career-high 332 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers' 41-14 victory over Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl on Wednesday night.

Russell will finish his LSU career with 6,525 yards and 52 touchdowns in three seasons -- two as a full-time starter.

my question...is he better than Quinn or Smith???

as weird as this sounds, he shouldn't play offense... he is build to be an OLB... look at his size... hell, he COULD pull off a Matt Jones transition though...

injuredinmelee
01-07-2007, 01:58 PM
I think pro upside you take Quinn but this kid will be fun to watch and in the right offense will win some games.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think pro upside you take Quinn but this kid will be fun to watch and in the right offense will win some games.

I'm hearing a lot of hype about Quinn, but frankly, I just don't get it...I mean, other than he played in a pro-style offense, what can you say about him? He never won a big game, he didn't improve the players around him, and he never did anything that made me go "wow". I'm seeing big time bust (ie Ryan Leaf, Akilii Smith).

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Anyone know what his record against top 25 teams was?

WildTexan
01-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm hearing a lot of hype about Quinn, but frankly, I just don't get it...I mean, other than he played in a pro-style offense, what can you say about him? He never won a big game, he didn't improve the players around him, and he never did anything that made me go "wow". I'm seeing big time bust (ie Ryan Leaf, Akilii Smith).

me too......medocrity....

a big arm and a gold helmet don't mean you will be good in the pros....big plodding white QBs are a dime a dozen....

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Anyone know what his record against top 25 teams was?

Quinn?
not sure about his career, but he was 1-3 this year.