PDA

View Full Version : Ramonce Taylor to enter NFL draft

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 01:43 PM
ESPN is reporting on it's scroll that Romance Taylor is making himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

I'm sure he will be drafted. He was one of the top 5 players on the Texas team last year and one of the overall best athletes on the team

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Maybe Denver will draft him kinda like Clarett.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Did Clarret sit out 1 or 2 years?

injuredinmelee
01-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I so wish he could have made it at Texas. OUr offense would have had another weapon. He was dangerous!

burnet44
01-07-2007, 02:14 PM
guess those classes at Texas College were too tough
he didnt play this year

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did Clarret sit out 1 or 2 years?

depends on how you look at it...he sat out the year he was suspended and declared himself eligible, but then there was the ruling preventing underclassmen from entering, so he sat out the next year.

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
So 2 seasons

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:21 PM
So 2 seasons

yeah, two seasons without playing

burnet44
01-07-2007, 02:23 PM
lol
aint playing for good
glad the broncos cut him

g$$
01-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Hope RT has kicked his drug habit. Talented head case. He had troubles going back to hs. He went to Belton HS after Temple HS kicked him out. Better do your homework before selecting this guy. Is the talent worth the trouble?

bobcat1
01-08-2007, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hope RT has kicked his drug habit. Talented head case. He had troubles going back to hs. He went to Belton HS after Temple HS kicked him out. Better do your homework before selecting this guy. Is the talent worth the trouble?
Zactly!:clap:

Fotbol
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Sounds like Babe Ruth to me, RT will not let any of you, and any more bad situations keep him from focusing. Romance will be at the Titans next year;)

tree8400
01-08-2007, 10:07 AM
i guess being in bell countyjail scared him straight he never made it to another college he has spent that last few months in jail. I guess he is going to get out before the combine.

Txbroadcaster
01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by tree8400
i guess being in bell countyjail scared him straight he never made it to another college he has spent that last few months in jail. I guess he is going to get out before the combine.

He went to Texas College in Tyler but was not able to play because of grades, but he did work out with the team

Fotbol
01-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by tree8400
i guess being in bell countyjail scared him straight he never made it to another college he has spent that last few months in jail. I guess he is going to get out before the combine. Weekend program, so i here.

Attitude is what got this kid in this situation, he has a really bad attitude.

AggieJohn
01-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Ramonce Taylor reminds me of Demitrius Harris from "Playmakers"

TexDoc
01-08-2007, 12:08 PM
RT is a thug and will not be a good addition to any team. If he gets picked up by an NFL team, look for his name in the news again, after he's arrested again.

WildTexan
01-08-2007, 12:39 PM
ESPN is reporting on it's scroll that Romance Taylor is making himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

I'm sure he will be drafted. He was one of the top 5 players on the Texas team last year and one of the overall best athletes on the team

he will be an NFL bust.....bank on it....

he will not have a single season of 1000 yds....

luvhoops34
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Weekend program, so i here.

Attitude is what got this kid in this situation, he has a really bad attitude.

He could always go play for Cleveland and fit right in!

TexanAlum_06
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
He could always go play for Cleveland and fit right in! Dont you mean Cincinnati?

theyoefnshow
01-08-2007, 02:00 PM
my cousin was a teammate of his in Belton and they are friends still. RT isn't as bad as he's made out to be but he does have the tools to get it done. He has the family support and if he is very capable of making things happen. IF the Horns would've had him this year, I say the Kansas & ATM losses would not have occured. He's a natura athelete and is more like Boobie Miles in that "This is God given baby!" lol......we shall see what the future holds....

Phil C
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
my cousin was a teammate of his in Belton and they are friends still. RT isn't as bad as he's made out to be but he does have the tools to get it done. He has the family support and if he is very capable of making things happen. IF the Horns would've had him this year, I say the Kansas & ATM losses would not have occured. He's a natura athelete and is more like Boobie Miles in that "This is God given baby!" lol......we shall see what the future holds....

I agree with you there the. Who knows - with him they might have beat Ohio State or it would have been a much closer game.
He was that kind of a player.

LitanyofFury
01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Seems to me like there are a LOT of "thugs" in the NFL that do very well. RT smokes the ganja. . .IMHO that's better than what a lot of those guys do like beat their wives, shoot people, etc. and so forth.

The guy is a talent and he'll find a spot somewhere. He needs to get some Rogaine tho!:D

Fal44
01-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Hope Some team will just take him and give him a shot to prove what he can do... Teams I would Like to see give him a shot are the: Texans, Titans, Cowboys, and Ravens...

g$$
01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree with you there the. Who knows - with him they might have beat Ohio State or it would have been a much closer game.
He was that kind of a player.

No doubt he is talented, & no doubt he has had problems. But, to say Texas would have done this or that with him is presumptious. He did not play defense while at Texas, & last time I checked the Ohio State & K-State losses were more on the defense than offense. Mack gave him many chances to clean up his act.

A friend of mine in the media in Austin interviewed him once while at Texas, & told me he was hands down the least intelligent person this person ever interviewed. Maybe he can surround himself with good people & right his ship. But he has a red flag on him from the get-go.

Maroon87
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I remember Laveraneus Coles came out of Florida St. under similar circumstances and has had a solid career. Remains to be seen if Taylor can stay out of trouble. I'm skeptical, to be honest.

LH Panther Mom
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Seems to me like there are a LOT of "thugs" in the NFL that do very well. RT smokes the ganja. . .IMHO that's better than what a lot of those guys do like beat their wives, shoot people, etc. and so forth.

The guy is a talent and he'll find a spot somewhere. He needs to get some Rogaine tho!:D Maybe it's "better", but if he continues, I guess he can keep RW company in Canada.

Emerson1
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
he will be an NFL bust.....bank on it....

he will not have a single season of 1000 yds....
You really can't be a bust unless you are hyped up.

g$$
01-08-2007, 06:26 PM
You really can't be a bust unless you are hyped up.

How about "lit up", as in high? RT is a thug, good riddance.

Maurice Clarett #2. All talent, no brain, bad people advising him. He also flunked out of UT besides the legal troubles.

TexanAlum_06
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
He has problems. no doubt about that. but if a team is willing to draft an overweight, out of shape wash up, in maurice clarett. then RT definately deserves a chance. we shall see in a few months....

tree8400
02-21-2007, 11:41 AM
This past weekend at a flag football game for the city my friends team was able to play him. Which is stupid since the NFL combine is about to happen why would you want to throw everything away just for playing in a flag football game. That was not the worst part he ended up getting thrown out of the game for cusing at the refs and trying to pick fights. Why why are people that stupid, he also played when he was a Texas and my friends could not understand why he would try to throw it all away by playing some stupid game.

coach
02-21-2007, 11:45 AM
what a thug....and a loser...why in the hell would you care about a flag football game when ur about to go pro???? and y are you yelling at the refs and pick fights its a damn flag football game and you have the combine in 3 weeks and your worried about a flag football game ....how pathetic

JasperDog94
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Sounds like same song, second verse, or third verse, or....

big daddy russ
02-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Taylor's a hell of an athlete, but will never make it in the big show. You have to have your head screwed on straight or the coaches in the league won't trust you and it'll affect your on-field performance.

See Lawrence Philips, Ryan Leaf (no legal problems, but wasn't mentally tough), and Maurice Clarett. If Philips couldn't make it, Taylor doesn't have a shot. Philips had MUCH more talent that Taylor and a solid position. Coaches would be trying to decide whether to use Taylor as a situational (third down) back, a slot receiver, or kick returner.

He's a jack of all trades, master of none. Almost as much athletic ability as Reggie Bush, but not as big and strong, and doesn't have the hands of an elite wideout.

NFL types know that he can help them in several areas, but do his character questions outweigh his ability as a football player? I'm going to say yes, but that I could still see someone drafting him late in the sixth or early in the seventh round.

Like I said, he'll never be an every down player, but he could wind up as a Dante Hall-type utility guy who makes most of his noise in the return game.

burnet44
02-21-2007, 01:19 PM
some one will draft him
he wont play
ability can only do so much
no one has so much ability
that they can be a drut and make it
many think they do
but they dont

examples

tyson-clarett-benson (from TVCC was with Dallas)

NFL is no different then the NBA
ya cant coach ability-speed-height

people sign (PRO AND COLLEGE)
kid who look like they can play

attitude determines how long they stay

Pmoney
02-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
some one will draft him
he wont play
ability can only do so much
no one has so much ability
that they can be a drut and make it
many think they do
but they dont

examples

tyson-clarett-benson (from TVCC was with Dallas)

NFL is no different then the NBA
ya cant coach ability-speed-height

people sign (PRO AND COLLEGE)
kid who look like they can play

attitude determines how long they stay

please tell me you dont mean Cedric Benson?...