PDA

View Full Version : Cowbys off season needs IMO

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I feel for Romo. I think the old saying "what doesn't kill him will only make him stronger" applies here. He will be better next year.

We need to let TO go on to better things not for the constant mouthing, but for the lack of selflessness. If he can't perform at 100%, be man enough to say so and let a Sam Hurd go in with 2 healthy hands.

I never thought I would own up to this because I like a big hitter, but Roy Williams needs help. He couldn't cover his head with an umbrella. Great football player, just is no Darren Woodson or Cliff Harris. We need a strong safety and he can go back and play free again as he did when Darren was there to direct him.

Parcells has to take responsibility for how prepared this team was down the stretch. It is the coaches job to prepare the team. They looked anything but prepared the last 4 weeks. He needs to head to the race track in Florida or New Jersey. Heck I hear Miami needs a coach and Wayne pays good.

Flozell Adams got beat like a red headed step child all year it seems as did Marco Rivera. I think we need to get younger in those two spots.

Bobby Carpenter needs to play. He had a pretty good game last night and I think he can help our defense. Turn him loose and let him play.

We do need another corner that can shut down a receiver. We were sub par this year. I believe Newman is okay. Everyone else is average at best.

Our front 3 need to play stronger period. I think they did okay this year.

These are just my opinons and they are like http://www.1atexasfootball.com/images/bmoon.gif , everyone has one. What's yours?

Macarthur
01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
[B]I feel for Romo. I think the old saying "what doesn't kill him will only make him stronger" applies here. He will be better next year.

I feel for him, too. In the paper they actually said one of the questions for next year was QB. WHAT!? Romo is the man and will only get better.

We need to let TO go on to better things not for the constant mouthing, but for the lack of selflessness. If he can't perform at 100%, be man enough to say so and let a Sam Hurd go in with 2 healthy hands.

I'm torn on this one. He quitely had a lot of production this year. I'm not sure you can just plug someone in and those numbers be there. I think he's better 85% than a 100% Hurd.

I never thought I would own up to this because I like a big hitter, but Roy Williams needs help. He couldn't cover his head with an umbrella. Great football player, just is no Darren Woodson or Cliff Harris. We need a strong safety and he can go back and play free again as he did when Darren was there to direct him.

I'm out on Roy. He's not even that good at what he's supposed to do, hit. Did you see him totally whif of Alexander on that 3rd down play? That's supposed to be his strength. He's a liability and we're stuck with him due to the large extension.

Parcells has to take responsibility for how prepared this team was down the stretch. It is the coaches job to prepare the team. They looked anything but prepared the last 4 weeks. He needs to head to the race track in Florida or New Jersey. Heck I hear Miami needs a coach and Wayne pays good.

I've said this for two years; he is an average coach. He's a great personel guy, but an average coach. I would argue any number of guys could have gotten the same results this year. We need Jeff Fisher Bad!

Flozell Adams got beat like a red headed step child all year it seems as did Marco Rivera. I think we need to get younger in those two spots.

Actually, I think our OT play was pretty solid this year. Our guard play was what hurt us. Frankly, I only remember one or two times Flozell getting beat badly. To be only a year from the knee injury, I thought he had a really good season, and Columbo looks to be solid.

Bobby Carpenter needs to play. He had a pretty good game last night and I think he can help our defense. Turn him loose and let him play.

He looked much better. I think he will do well in a 3-4 4-3 hybrid like they played the last couple of games.

We do need another corner that can shut down a receiver. We were sub par this year. I believe Newman is okay. Everyone else is average at best.

Shut down corners are hard to come by. I think the struggles of the safeties and pass rushers are a much higher priority. There are not many teams that have 3 corners better than Newman, Henry & Glenn. Again, a consistent pass rush and safeties that can help and they will be fine.

I think we need to get Merriman, S - Miami, would be a perfect fit in our secondary next year. We could probably get him in the 2nd.

Our front 3 need to play stronger period. I think they did okay this year.

Hatcher showed some signs; he should get better. I was very disappointed in Spears. I thought he would have a breakout year. Canty is solid.

pantherpop
01-07-2007, 11:21 AM
My thoughts on this are that we should keep T.O. and perhaps look for another quality wr in the draft or free agency. Owens, Glenn, and Patrick Crayton are 3 receivers any team in football would love to have. The offensive line problems have to be addressed because this is the big problem the Cowboys have when it comes to playing good teams. We need a road grader or two at the guard positions. Riveria is past his prime and is average at best. Flozell is overated but Columbo at RT has been a big suprise and solid for the most part. We get stuffed up the middle sometimes so the center postion and guards need to be upgraded. I think the defense never recovered after Greg Ellis got hurt and we have no pass rush except for Ware. Carpenter will be a welcome addition next year and should be a playmaker. I agree with you on Roy Williams but what can you do except maybe trade him. He's definitly a liability on pass defense as is the other safety position. One thing for sure is make sure you have Gramitica because the idiot kicker Vanderjagt was a total loser. Draft priorities should be #1 Safety, #2 offensive line and #3 receiver. By the way why not get Warren Sapp from the Raiders for Roy Williams.

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I'm torn on this one. He quitely had a lot of production this year. I'm not sure you can just plug someone in and those numbers be there. I think he's better 85% than a 100% Hurd. He was paid to catch the game winners he dropped such as Washington, He was paid to catch the numerous 3rd and 4th down conversions he dropped. I'd take a guy that gives 100% against a prima dona 85%er anyday.

Shut down corners are hard to come by. I think the struggles of the safeties and pass rushers are a much higher priority. There are not many teams that have 3 corners better than Newman, Henry & Glenn. Again, a consistent pass rush and safeties that can help and they will be fine. You're right about the pass rush and safeties making the corners look better.

Hatcher showed some signs; he should get better. I was very disappointed in Spears. I thought he would have a breakout year. Canty is solid. I agree on your assesment totally. Spears looked lazy this year.

Macarthur
01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Draft priorities should be #1 Safety, #2 offensive line and #3 receiver. By the way why not get Warren Sapp from the Raiders for Roy Williams. [/B]

I'm okay with that order.

They need a bad MOFO guard, Merriman S-Miami (he's a hybrid S CB), and I would love Bowe the WR from LSU.

bobcat1
01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I agree totally about Martin Gramatica. :thumbsup: We gotta sign him. He has passion for the game. I like him alot!. :thumbsup:

I could live with Sapp, Ferguson and Canty upfront. The Ratliff kid wants to play. :thumbsup:

Spears needs a wake up call. Last year he was awesome. This year looks like he has settled in to getting paid to suit up. :dispntd: :dispntd:

I also like the Bowe kid at LSU. :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 11:57 AM
If it was any other WR than TO who was playing most of year with a torn tendon in his hands I have a funny feeling people would be talking about how gutsy he was.

Everyone wants to talk about TO and his attitude, but Tony Romo has said many times TO was a HUGE factor in helping Romo during the season.

TO was also the first guy to console Romo after last night, and in talking to the media seemed very sincere in his words about Romo and the whole situation.

Yes he dropped what COULD have been a game winner agianst Washington..But last night Terry Glenn fumbled aplay-off game away. Agianst Philly Glenn dropped a big pass when the Cowboys were still in it. In fact Glenn has 5 drops in last 4 games. That just shows ALL WR go thru drops. Simple fact 85 receptions for 1100 yards and 13 TD is one of the best season in history for a Cowboy WR. And he did that dealing with a change at QB

burnet44
01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
"TO was also the first guy to console Romo after last night, and in talking to the media seemed very sincere in his words about Romo and the whole situation."

yeah and has doged garcia and mcnabb
its all for the media
TO want to be back next year no one else will have him
and he doesnt want to be exiled to Oakland and their QB's

seemed very sincere?
insert hurl here

in my best Jim Mora "sincere, you are talking sincere?"

he has got you sucked in

TO needs a team so he can catch passes
get his numbers up
so he can make his case for the hof
he as already said he has the numbers to be in
THAT IS HIS GOAL

trust me
winning the sb aint

he needs jerry to keep him so he can catch passes

yeah he will be sincere

its all about what TO can do for TO

ask mcnabb and garcia
the 7 squared and the eagles

yeah sincere

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
"TO was also the first guy to console Romo after last night, and in talking to the media seemed very sincere in his words about Romo and the whole situation."

yeah and has doged garcia and mcnabb
its all for the media
TO want to be back next year no one else will have him
and he doesnt want to be exiled to Oakland and their QB's

seemed very sincere?
insert hurl here

in my best Jim Mora "sincere, you are talking sincere?"

he has got you sucked in

TO needs a team so he can catch passes
get his numbers up
so he can make his case for the hof
he as already said he has the numbers to be in
THAT IS HIS GOAL

trust me
winning the sb aint

he needs jerry to keep him so he can catch passes

yeah he will be sincere

its all about what TO can do for TO

ask mcnabb and garcia
the 7 squared and the eagles

yeah sincere

How do you know if he was faking it or not? And why would he play up anything to the media? This is a guy who has NEVER faked it for the media. He has ALWAYS spoke his mind good or bad, so why would he NOW decide hey I am going to act like I feel bad for Romo and consoled him? Like you said he threw garcia and McNabb under the bus, yet all of a sudden he is putting an act on for Romo..Sorry that does not make sense

burnet44
01-07-2007, 12:13 PM
dude
he will throw anyone under the bus
if it helps him
he needs the boys
yeah he is gonna be sincere
just wait
he will say something else sincere

IF IT HELPS HIM
that is the goal

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Again why does he "need" the Boys? If they cut him he will find another team...and dont think he would not find a job,someone will ALWAYS take a chance on an impact player.

And it is REAL easy to sit back and wait for him to say something stupid then say see I told u he would do it because his history shows he will, but that does not mean last night he was not being sincere

burnet44
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
he doesnt want to go to oakland
and no one is gonna pay him jerry's money
you aint getting numbers in oakland with their OFF and QB's
TO will say what he needs to
until a better situation comes along
it aint like he had 150 yards in this years SB like he did with Philly
he is saying the right stuff fot TO and as u just said
he will say something stupid

stupidly sincere

yeah he was sincre calling garcia gay
yeah im sure
you are right he probably was sincere

all this is a moot point
dallas lost
to goes home with jerry
now he can go to the birthday parties he want to go to
let him be sincere about that

meanwhile the playoffs continue without him

but bet money
he will be on TV somewhere "being sincere"

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I wonder if JJ is kicking himself for not taking Shawne Merriman....

Don't get me wrong Ware has proved his worth of that first round pick time and time again.

IMO I like DeMarcus better he's not a roid rager but you know how JJ thinks.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball

I think that's the reason that the Cowboys took Ware in the first place...remember Parcells letting Quincy go when he "couldn't trust him"? It came out later that drugs were involved. I thought it was suspicious at the draft when the Cowboys kept talking about taking Merriman and then took Ware, and their explanation for the change was very similar to the explanation they gave when they cut Q.

When it came out this year that Merriman had taken steroids, to me, it was confirmation that the Cowboys had gotten tipped off before the draft that he might have some of those issues.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball

Don't get me wrong Ware has proved his worth of that first round pick time and time again.

No..because of Merriman was in this system his numbers would be about where Ware...SD blitzes more and uses Merriman as a pure pass rusher...Dallas uses a more basic 3-4 and Ware has some pass coverage duties that does not allow him to just rush passer every time the QB drops back

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
No..because of Merriman was in this system his numbers would be about where Ware...SD blitzes more and uses Merriman as a pure pass rusher...Dallas uses a more basic 3-4 and Ware has some pass coverage duties that does not allow him to just rush passer every time the QB drops back

Good post...I agree