PDA

View Full Version : So what is a supposed T-Shirt Fan?

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
I keep seeing that tossed around, so I have to ask what is a t-shirt fan?

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Don't know. Don't care. :D :D

Did I mention I was in a "mood" tonight?? haha :devil:

necks_c/09
01-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I keep seeing that tossed around, so I have to ask what is a t-shirt fan? idk...somebody called me that too...im a fan and i know it...i dont care...

carter08
fans wearing t-shirts

necks_c/09
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't know. Don't care. :D :D

Did I mention I was in a "mood" tonight?? haha :devil: hijacker.......hey but what kind of mood????:D

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 01:38 AM
My ex-boss used too tell me that A&M Sucked and would make every effort to let me know it and she would have her office completely full of Longhorn stuff.....she would wear gear all the time and would have her whole house doused in burnt orange and white

yet she never set foot in austin or on the campust of UT

she is a t-shirt fan

necks_c/09
01-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by carter08
fans wearing t-shirts for the record im a fan but i dont wear the team shirts so whoever called me that is an idiot and they said that b/c they didnt have ne thing better....

carter08
Originally posted by necks_c/09
hijacker.......hey but what kind of mood????:D

don't mess with mods
no one is un rommable

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by AggieJohn
My ex-boss used too tell me that A&M Sucked and would make every effort to let me know it and she would have her office completely full of Longhorn stuff.....she would wear gear all the time and would have her whole house doused in burnt orange and white

yet she never set foot in austin or on the campust of UT

she is a t-shirt fan

So you have to go to school where you cheer for the team or your a t-shirt fan?

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
hijacker.......hey but what kind of mood????:D

how did I hijack this thread? trust me, you don't wanna know

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So you have to go to school where you cheer for the team or your a t-shirt fan? no but proper sports fan decorum says that you have no business calling out another person when you yourself didn't even go to that school, especially when the person your making fun of did

g$$
01-07-2007, 01:43 AM
T-shirt Fan:

Someone who goes out & buys a shirt for a team/school that is doing well at the time; person has no ties to the school other than what they see on tv; not a true fan or alumnus who rides out the good & bad times; simply a lonely person trying to latch onto something tangible at the moment in hopes of improving their own self-worth.

AKA = bandwagoner

(you can be a fan too without being a graduate; simply put a true fan never wavers & stays loyal to a given school or team, not the flavor of the month)

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 01:44 AM
no but proper sports fan decorum says that you have no business calling out another person when you yourself didn't even go to that school, especially when the person your making fun of did

Not sure why the school you went to should matter period. Sounds like to me she was doing some picking..prob same type that Aggie fans are doing now with the what time is it remark

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by g$$
T-shirt Fan:

Someone who goes out & buys a shirt for a team/school that is doing well at the time; person has no ties to the school other than what they see on tv; not a true fan or alumnus who rides out the good & bad times; simply a lonely person trying to latch onto something tangible at the moment for their own self-worth.

AKA = bandwagoner i would put bandwagoner as a synonym, but not directly correlated in terms......

as a bandwagoner, you say that you have always been a cowboys fan, when in fact you haven't but want to say that you were on the ride when they did great that one year

necks_c/09
01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$
T-shirt Fan:

Someone who goes out & buys a shirt for a team/school that is doing well at the time; person has no ties to the school other than what they see on tv; not a true fan or alumnus who rides out the good & bad times; simply a lonely person trying to latch onto something tangible at the moment for their own self-worth.

AKA = bandwagoner

well then whoever called me a tshirt fan is a real idiot.....b/c i was talking about the texans and lord knows they aernt doing good...

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by g$$
T-shirt Fan:

AKA = bandwagoner

wow

So, let me get this straight. Because I did not attend XYZ University I can not be a fan and if I am a fan, I'm just a bandwagon/t-shirt fan??

And I'm lonely and have a self-worth problem too.

wow

LMAO - greatness :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by g$$
T-shirt Fan:

Someone who goes out & buys a shirt for a team/school that is doing well at the time; person has no ties to the school other than what they see on tv; not a true fan or alumnus who rides out the good & bad times; simply a lonely person trying to latch onto something tangible at the moment in hopes of improving their own self-worth.

AKA = bandwagoner

(you can be a fan too without being a graduate; simply put a true fan never wavers & stays loyal to a given school or team, not the flavor of the month)

Now that I can agree with..Just seem like some say because you did not attend the school your just a t-shirt fan.

My allegiances for my teams have not changed, good or bad.

UT, Cowboys, Tx Rangers, and,Astros

I have become fans of teams because of certain players..Like I am a Titans fan cause of Young, but in know way a true fan. More a fan of him.

g$$
01-07-2007, 01:50 AM
i would put bandwagoner as a synonym, but not directly correlated in terms......

as a bandwagoner, you say that you have always been a cowboys fan, when in fact you haven't but want to say that you were on the ride when they did great that one year

Very similar, whatever the case. And both disgust me too.

Fan = short for fanatic, there thru thick & thin

T-shirt / bandwagoner = short-lived until a new flavor comes along to make them feel important

g$$
01-07-2007, 01:52 AM
wow

So, let me get this straight. Because I did not attend XYZ University I can not be a fan and if I am a fan, I'm just a bandwagon/t-shirt fan??

wow

LMAO - greatness :thumbsup:

You did not read my post entirely. My cousin is a big Aggie fan & never attended one class or one day as a student. But he has never wavered. That is a fan, good & bad times.

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 01:52 AM
wow

wow

LMAO - greatness :thumbsup: yes rita that is why we encourage the promotion of higher learning

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Very similar, whatever the case. And both disgust me too.

Fan = short for fanatic, there thru thick & thin

T-shirt / bandwagoner = short-lived until a new flavor comes along to make them feel important

I am a fanatic for sure. I'd have to be to stick with the Cowboys for this long. :weeping:

They are the only team I am a TRUE fan of.

Every other sport ... I'm more of an individual player fan. :)

It's all good though. Different strokes for different folks.

I can't believe you let it "disgust" you. wow.

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by g$$
You did not read my post entirely. My cousin is a big Aggie fan & never attended one class or one day as a student. But he has never wavered. That is a fan, good & bad times.

I guess I didn't. It's kinda late & I'm kinda tired. Who decides all this stuff?? Is there a book I should pick up? :thinking:

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 01:58 AM
yes rita that is why we encourage the promotion of higher learning

Thanks for the tip.

g$$
Did you read where I said you did NOT have to be a grad? You did not read my original post entirely.

If you attended a rival school, then you would understand. It gets personal, & until you have been there then it is hard to explain. Otherwise it sounds stupid I guess.

I just like people who stick to their guns, that's all. Not all wishy-washy & change teams like underwear.

burnet44
how many TShirts they selling at SMU?

if all the t shirt fans went to texas that bought t shirts lol

equinic is one

and yes I wear my ASU shirt proudly

basically its all the people who come out when some body wins
ie tu mnc

same would happen if aggies won it (er impossible)

one thing I dont see much SC stuff

ever notice kids
who ever wins it the next day they show up in jerseys and t shirts of that school

saying "yeah I knew they would win, they are my homies, I have always been on their side" yeah t shirts

but dont discount the t shirters
think how much money tu made on t shirts and the NCAA

just watch whoever wins it
see the t shirts pop up

go gators
BSU National Champs

bet you even see some BSU jerseys pop up lol
yeah dawg I knew they would win
what they have a blue field errrrrrr yeah I knew that

carter08
01-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
how many TShirts they selling at SMU?

if all the t shirt fans went to texas that bought t shirts lol

equinic is one

and yes I wear my ASU shirt proudly

basically its all the people who come out when some body wins
ie tu mnc

same would happen if aggies won it (er impossible)

one thing I dont see much SC stuff

ever notice kids
who ever wins it the next day they show up in jerseys and t shirts of that school

saying "yeah I knew they would win, they are my homies, I have always been on their side" yeah t shirts

but dont discount the t shirters
think how much money tu made on t shirts and the NCAA

just watch whoever wins it
see the t shirts pop up

go gators
BSU National Champs

bet you even see some BSU jerseys pop up lol
yeah dawg I knew they would win
what they have a blue field errrrrrr yeah I knew that

:clap: :clap: :clap:

But i really knew BSU would win
Look at my pick em

pirate4state
01-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Did you read where I said you did NOT have to be a grad? You did not read my original post entirely.

If you attended a rival school, then you would understand. It gets personal, & until you have been there then it is hard to explain. Otherwise it sounds stupid I guess.

I just like people who stick to their guns, that's all. Not all wishy-washy & change teams like underwear.

You already said that and I already told you I didn't, so I guess I don't need to say this again. ROFL.

I don't fit the description of a t-shirt/bandwagon fan so I'll just leave this alone.

I just don't know why it bothers some of you so much if people are t-shirt/bandwagon fans? :thinking: :thinking:

g$$
01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Seriously, what does ROFL mean? Just wondering, guess I am not hip!

burnet44
01-07-2007, 02:48 AM
roll on floor laughing

g$$
01-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks, I guess I feel better now! Appreciate the help.

burnet44
01-07-2007, 02:57 AM
np=no problem