PDA

View Full Version : Fire Parcells Right Now

Snydertigersrul
01-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Jerry Jones needs to either first Parcells or tell him that BOTH coordinators have to go. Four years is enough. The game has passed him by.

awizzy
01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Jerry Jones needs to either first Parcells or tell him that BOTH coordinators have to go. Four years is enough. The game has passed him by.
oh that was parcells who droped that snap i tought it was romo who did silly me

Emerson1
01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Indeed, horrible offensive playcalling has plagued them all year.

I hate how he insist on subbing out Julius Jones on the goal line in a drive where he is busting off big runs and is pumped up. Bringing in Barber who hadn't done anything all night.

TexanAlum_06
01-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Yeah I think they need a new OC. no doubt about that.

Emerson1
01-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
It never should of came down to that play. No reason on that one goal line stand earlier in the game when it was 17-13. Should of rolled Romo out and let him either pass it or run it in.

And there is no reason for TO not to have gotten the ball on that saftey play. He is the best receiver after the catch in the league. Instead they give it to Glenn who can't breaks tackles just as good as Witten does.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Parcells will decide if he comes back or not and JJ will give him that option. I think Terrell will ask to not be resigned, he wasnt happy and i agree where he says whydid they did sign me if they are not going to throw me the ball!!!!

Snydertigersrul
01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It never should of came down to that play. No reason on that one goal line stand earlier in the game when it was 17-13. Should of rolled Romo out and let him either pass it or run it in.

And there is no reason for TO not to have gotten the ball on that saftey play. He is the best receiver after the catch in the league. Instead they give it to Glenn who can't breaks tackles just as good as Witten does.

Parcells is a washed up coach. He should have been fired after last season. If he is such a great coach (he was in the 1980s), why no playoff wins in four seasons. It's time for a CHANGE.

Txbroadcaster
01-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Not real sure how the O-Cord can be fired? This team averaged 27 points a game even changing Qbs...This season the problem was DEFENSE..not offense

awizzy
01-06-2007, 11:35 PM

i agree the game doesnt come down to just one play but i am pretty sure hes not calling the plays

Snydertigersrul
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
i agree the game doesnt come down to just one play but i am pretty sure hes not calling the plays

He may not call the plays, but he's the HEAD COACH and responsible.

necks_c/09
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
yea it was parcells fault when witten fumbled after a catch....glenn fumbled causing a safety.....romo dropped the snap...yep its all parcells fault....fire him

GOFOR2
01-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Parcells did not lead the league in dropped passes. He did not get sacked once this season. He did not get burnt. He is a very good coach. Unfortunately it came down to players not making plays. And thats what happens in coaching and in sports.

DU_stud04
01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
cowboys need a new d-co, and maybe move 31 from safty to linebacker, a bit undersize but he would do better there than where he is.

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Jerry Jones needs to either first Parcells or tell him that BOTH coordinators have to go. Four years is enough. The game has passed him by. might wanna change that signature now

sweetwaterwins
01-07-2007, 12:17 AM
If the cowboys would have won then would everyone want Parcells gone?

necks_c/09
01-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by sweetwaterwins
If the cowboys would have won then would everyone want Parcells gone? happy first post.........yay...i dont want him gone any way

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by sweetwaterwins
If the cowboys would have won then would everyone want Parcells gone? exactly my point, there are so many bandwagoners

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
exactly my point, there are so many bandwagoners

Yeah, not everyone has the internal fortitude to be an Aggie fan through all the terrible games and bad play! :D

j/k. . .don't go crazy on me like the rest of these sensitive people!

Rabbit'93
01-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Indeed, horrible offensive playcalling has plagued them all year.

I think you've said that about every football game this year from high school on up. :D

Rabbit'93
01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
exactly my point, there are so many bandwagoners So much better when you were gone;)

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I think you've said that about every football game this year from high school on up. :D

lol, you saw Forney play this season.

necks_c/09
01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
So much better when you were gone;) i heard he posted under a code name....:nerd:

g$$
01-07-2007, 12:48 AM
So if you want Parcells gone, then who do you want to replace him?

I vote for Jerry Jones to name himself HC once & for all. Seriously, his ego says he can do it better than anyone alive!

Or pull a George Steinbrenner & bring back Jimmy Johnson kinda like Billy Martin back in the day!

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So if you want Parcells gone, then who do you want to replace him?

I vote for Jerry Jones to name himself HC once & for all. Seriously, his ego says he can do it better than anyone alive!

Or pull a George Steinbrenner & bring back Jimmy Johnson kinda like Billy Martin back in the day!

:clap:

g$$
01-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Oh no, that is twice tonight we have agreed!

Just kidding, not wanting trouble.

burnet44
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
fire jerry
will never happen

setxsports
01-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Parcells will be back.

wedo
01-07-2007, 02:04 AM
In my honest opinion, talent wise Dallas could have easily blown out Seattle! There is so much talent on that team it is crazy. IMO they should at least be 13-3 with that talent. However they do need one more really good shut down corner or safety. I think that either Dallas needs new coordinators or just bring in a new HC altogether. If so Jeff Fisher would be a great fit!

On other note Bobby Carpenter had a great game!

carter08
01-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
i heard he posted under a code name....:nerd:

i heard you forgot to logout and a coach posted as you

BILLYFRED0000
01-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not real sure how the O-Cord can be fired? This team averaged 27 points a game even changing Qbs...This season the problem was DEFENSE..not offense

And that was definitely Parcells. He is the defensive minded guy.

Maroon87
01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Zimmer (DC) get the axe. He's not a "Parcells guy"...he was a holdover from Campo's staff.

Having said that, I think the defense played pretty well last night with the exception of about 20 holding/PI penalties...:o

Who-dun-it!!?
01-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Why is the starting QB the holder in the first place? because he was as a backup forever? Thats crap if you ask me, I believe there are at least two other guys on the sidelines who hadn't worked four quarters prior to this point.

Romo has been the holder long enough. Its time for his backups to fill that spot. I think he is the absolute right man for the starting QB position. I just don't think he should have to be the holder as well.

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Why is the starting QB the holder in the first place? because he was as a backup forever? Thats crap if you ask me, I believe there are at least two other guys on the sidelines who hadn't worked four quarters prior to this point.

Romo has been the holder long enough. Its time for his backups to fill that spot. I think he is the absolute right man for the starting QB position. I just don't think he should have to be the holder as well.

he was holding because that had been his job since training camp, and he had done well...they didn't want to change that up midstream, because it's actually a lot trickier than it looks. Bill was playing it safe by leaving Romo the holder, and I doubt that having played four quarters caused him to bobble that snap.

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 02:29 PM

Well for starters they don't have an offensive coordinator :thinking: They thought they could handle things between Parcells and two of the position coaches. Go figure. As far as Mike Zimmer he's a good defensive coordinator 8 bad games doesn't warrant him getting fired, you also have to remember Greg Ellis getting injured as well plus the FS position was never really settled with the Cowboys switching back and forth beween Pat Watkins and Keith Davis. Give Watkins a year in the off season program and he will develop quite nicely.

Snydertigersrul
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Well for starters they don't have an offensive coordinator :thinking: They thought they could handle things between Parcells and two of the position coaches. Go figure. As far as Mike Zimmer he's a good defensive coordinator 8 bad games doesn't warrant him getting fired, you also have to remember Greg Ellis getting injured as well plus the FS position was never really settled with the Cowboys switching back and forth beween Pat Watkins and Keith Davis. Give Watkins a year in the off season program and he will develop quite nicely.

The problem is not romo dropping one snap. Parcells has had FOUR years and has failed to do the job. It's time for a CHANGE. Let's bring back Jimmy Johnson.

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM
The problem is not romo dropping one snap. Parcells has had FOUR years and has failed to do the job. It's time for a CHANGE. Let's bring back Jimmy Johnson.

Why would you want Johnson? He does not know how to win with a salary cap...Just look at his dolphin teams

crzyjournalist03
01-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why would you want Johnson? He does not know how to win with a salary cap...Just look at his dolphin teams

I think you make a great subtle point there...if Parcells leaves, who do you want?

The best type of coach for our personnel right now is probably either a guy like Mike Martz, who would turn our offense into the Rams of the late 90's and early 00's (which when you think about it, there are crazy similarities), or a young coach who is taking his first job...no guys with egos ala Jimmy, Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, etc.

If Bill leaves, you have to make a radical change...otherwise the players will feel like it's the same message from a different coach (See Chan Gailey, Dave Campo).

Snydertigersrul
01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think you make a great subtle point there...if Parcells leaves, who do you want?

The best type of coach for our personnel right now is probably either a guy like Mike Martz, who would turn our offense into the Rams of the late 90's and early 00's (which when you think about it, there are crazy similarities), or a young coach who is taking his first job...no guys with egos ala Jimmy, Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, etc.

If Bill leaves, you have to make a radical change...otherwise the players will feel like it's the same message from a different coach (See Chan Gailey, Dave Campo).

Anyone ever heard of JEFF FISHER

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Jeff Fisher already signed on to stay with the Titans.

Snydertigersrul
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Jeff Fisher already signed on to stay with the Titans.

Doesn't matter, contracts can always be broken (for a price).