AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 01:35 PM
West takes a 6-0 lead

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Joesph Barksdale commits to LSU

Phil C
01-06-2007, 01:41 PM
AJ are you sure. I thought he was going to A&M.

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 01:44 PM
his top three were LSU, ohio state, and Michigan state

Phil C
01-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Any other committments made AJ?

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Roy Avilas, a command sargent in his Jr. ROTC, was given a full ride to Texas A&M ROTC program

see you can't keep A&M away from this game

Phil C
01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Thank you AG! Please keep the updates coming. Any change in the score?

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 01:55 PM
curtis brown of Gilmer intercepts a pass...he will be a longhorn

charlesrixey
01-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about brown-- i hope he is good, because the longhorns need help immediately in the secondary

TexanAlum_06
01-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Havent seen anything thrown John Chiles way..... Joe mcknight is the REAL DEAL..... that would be nice if we could get him to austin.

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 02:08 PM
joe mcknight is supposed to commit later on today

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
West is dominating right now because of QB jimmy Clausen

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Lotsa Longhorn commits out there. Chiles, Brown, Huey, Irby. . .the list goes on. Brown flashing the Horns after his pick was niiiiiiiiiiice.

tigerpride_08
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
is Terrance Tolliver committing today?

mchavez
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM
What channel is this game airing on?

carter08
01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
What channel is this game airing on?

NBC

AggieJohn
01-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Lorenzo Edwards commits to Florida

NDFootball
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Jimmy Clausen is a beast (b'.')b

mwynn05
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Lorenzo Edwards commits to Florida From what that one guy just said about usc and Florida are gonna pass Texas Joe McKnight is probably gonna pick USC or Notre Dame...I say he picks USC

DU_stud04
01-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
From what that one guy just said about usc and Florida are gonna pass Texas Joe McKnight is probably gonna pick USC or Notre Dame...I say he picks USC who all does he have in the final running?

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 03:44 PM
From what that one guy just said about usc and Florida are gonna pass Texas Joe McKnight is probably gonna pick USC or Notre Dame...I say he picks USC

I really don't think so. Texas is a long-shot but I'd say LSU considering that's his home state and the Tigers are looking REALLY good right now after their shellacking of ND.

mwynn05
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
I really don't think so. Texas is a long-shot but I'd say LSU considering that's his home state and the Tigers are looking REALLY good right now after their shellacking of ND. I have better sources than you...

buff4life
01-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I have better sources than you...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

c-town_balla
01-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I really don't think Joe McKnight is gonna commit today. He is taking a visit to Texas next weekend I beleve and why would he commit while he has a visit lined up

TexanAlum_06
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
My bet is he ends up at LSU. I would love for him to end up in austin but I doubt it will happen. though he is supposed to take an official visit to the 40 acres a week before signing day. we shall see.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-06-2007, 05:20 PM
is there any chance that this was blacked out in san antonio?

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I have better sources than you...

Dang. Are those sources saying the Aggies are going to pick up any new kids? Cause I didn't see too many of them out there on the field today.:p

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Dang. Are those sources saying the Aggies are going to pick up any new kids? Cause I didn't see too many of them out there on the field today.:p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you EVER stop???

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Do you EVER stop???

Uh. . .he started it.

And it's pretty ridiculous that you only get onto certain people when plenty of other folks egg stuff on, not just me. Thanks for being objective!!
:D

LH Panther Mom
01-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Uh. . .he started it.

And it's pretty ridiculous that you only get onto certain people when plenty of other folks egg stuff on, not just me. Thanks for being objective!!
:D
Did he say anything about A&M OR UT? No. He said he has a better source. You're the ONLY person on this thread starting anything.

Emerson1
01-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Did he say anything about A&M OR UT? No. He said he has a better source. You're the ONLY person on this thread starting anything.
She's got you there.

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Go back a little farther there. He was specifically talking about a potential Horn commit and he was doing it to tick people off. Nice try tho!

Emerson1
01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
No one ever said anything bad about a potential Texas commit in this thread. Believe mwynn05 when he says he has a better source on Joe Mcknight then you do.

The only thing that was even said about him was that he will probably go to ND or USC.

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No one ever said anything bad about a potential Texas commit in this thread. Believe mwynn05 when he says he has a better source on Joe Mcknight then you do.

The only thing that was even said about him was that he will probably go to ND or USC.

Ok. Well, just saying that I've heard from numerous people and folks even today at the All-Star game that said he's hot on the Tigers. I'm just SURE mwynn has the goods tho on this kid. Probably knows what type of movies he likes, what he eats for breakfast, and his favorite color too!

mwynn05
01-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Go back a little farther there. He was specifically talking about a potential Horn commit and he was doing it to tick people off. Nice try tho! Yeah your right im anti-Texas i said it just to make all the Texas fans mad....fyi I'm not an Aggie i don't go to a&m...I root for my own school...im not a t-shirt fan like most people on here I attend the school I root for but I do root for A&M over Texas a lot of times because I have family and several friends that attend A&M...Yes, I know A&M has their idiots so I don't wanna hear that Texas fans yall have this Litany of Fury guy

mwynn05
01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Ok. Well, just saying that I've heard from numerous people and folks even today at the All-Star game that said he's hot on the Tigers. I'm just SURE mwynn has the goods tho on this kid. Probably knows what type of movies he likes, what he eats for breakfast, and his favorite color too! Of course he likes LSU its right down the road but im tellin you I really think hes gonna end up at USC....and seriously why wouldn't he he will be starting on the #1 team in the nation next year if he goes to USC

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Of course he likes LSU its right down the road but im tellin you I really think hes gonna end up at USC....and seriously why wouldn't he he will be starting on the #1 team in the nation next year if he goes to USC

Umm. . .at what position? Receiver or RB? Cause I doubt he'd be jumping Moody/Gable/etc. toting the rock as the starter. He might get to come in as relief...

mwynn05
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Umm. . .at what position? Receiver or RB? Cause I doubt he'd be jumping Moody/Gable/etc. toting the rock as the starter. He might get to come in as relief... either because hes that good...Pete Carroll says every position is open and it actually is with him

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
because hes that good

Shrug. Definitely possible I suppose. . .but not as the starter.

If he goes to LSU he's gotta beat out who? Hester? Much easier I'd guess and LSU is gonna be ranked right up there with USC. Flynn is a good QB. Not J Russell good but can get it done.

NDFootball
01-06-2007, 11:32 PM
Dang. Are those sources saying the Aggies are going to pick up any new kids? Cause I didn't see too many of them out there on the field today.:p

Have you ever wondered why nobody likes you? People like you are the reason I despise UT, you give all the fans a bad rep

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
Have you ever wondered why nobody likes you? People like you are the reason I despise UT, you give all the fans a bad rep

Dang. I guess I'm here to make friends like you, huh? I fail. Darn.

Go home and put Rudy back in the VCR and try and forget about the schellacking your team just received. 9 bowl losses in a row. Ever wonder why everyone hates ND and people like you?

NDFootball
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Dang. I guess I'm here to make friends like you, huh? I fail. Darn.

Go home and put Rudy back in the VCR and try and forget about the schellacking your team just received. 9 bowl losses in a row. Ever wonder why everyone hates ND and people like you?

You're talking about me using a VCR and you're using words like shellacking? It's pretty easy to talk alot of trash on the internet...you don't impress anyone on here. At least ND could cut it and make it into a BCS game...while Texas could only barely beat...who? Iowa who's that? Have fun for the next 4 years at games like the Motor City Bowl with McCoy at QB.

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
You're talking about me using a VCR and you're using words like shellacking? It's pretty easy to talk alot of trash on the internet...you don't impress anyone on here. At least ND could cut it and make it into a BCS game...while Texas could only barely beat...who? Iowa who's that? Have fun for the next 4 years at games like the Motor City Bowl with McCoy at QB.

Umm. . .that QB Colt McCoy had better stats than your Golden Boy Brady Quinn. And everyone knows the only reason why ND gets to BCS games is because they get special treatment. Wisconsin only had 1 loss and deserved to go to that game a heckuva lot more than Notre Shame did. I mean, what a waste of a bowl game. Last time ND won ANY bowl game? 1994 by 3 points over the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl. BARF!!!

Texas meanwhile has won 2 Rose Bowls ina row, a title, and finished its 6th season with 10+ wins. No wonder you hate UT. ND T-Shirt fans in Texas! Classic!;)

NDFootball
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Umm. . .that QB Colt McCoy had better stats than your Golden Boy Brady Quinn. And everyone knows the only reason why ND gets to BCS games is because they get special treatment. Wisconsin only had 1 loss and deserved to go to that game a heckuva lot more than Notre Shame did. I mean, what a waste of a bowl game. Last time ND won ANY bowl game? 1994 by 3 points over the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl. BARF!!!

Texas meanwhile has won 2 Rose Bowls ina row, a title, and finished its 6th season with 10+ wins. No wonder you hate UT. ND T-Shirt fans in Texas! Classic!;)

Hmmm just sounds like your run of the mill casual UT fan that's all bent out of shape because his team can't cut it anymore. Poor guy can't face all the crap he talked at the beginning of the season... it's ok maybe if you wait around another some 30 some odd years you will win another "Natty Championship."

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmmm just sounds like your run of the mill casual UT fan that's all bent out of shape because his team can't cut it anymore. Poor guy can't face all the crap he talked at the beginning of the season... it's ok maybe if you wait around another some 30 some odd years you will win another "Natty Championship."

That MUST be it! Darn. You caught me. Texas just had ANOTHER 10 win season and they can't hack it. . .I'm so sad. Lemme get my Kleenex!

Emerson1
01-07-2007, 12:24 AM
I hope this game is never on NBC again. If you weren't a ND fan then it wasn't even worth tuning it.

mwynn05
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Hmmm just sounds like your run of the mill casual UT fan that's all bent out of shape because his team can't cut it anymore. Poor guy can't face all the crap he talked at the beginning of the season... it's ok maybe if you wait around another some 30 some odd years you will win another "Natty Championship." MOST UT fans didn't go to school there and are just trailer trash thats a possibility too

LitanyofFury
MOST UT fans didn't go to school there and are just trailer trash thats a possibility too

I guess you'd know ALL about trailer trash, huh?

Emerson1
MOST UT fans didn't go to school there and are just trailer trash thats a possibility too
My house is bigger than yours :)

mwynn05
01-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
My house is bigger than yours :) I don't know about bigger ive been in your house but i was too tired to really remember but it is worth more.....

pantherpop
01-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Umm. . .that QB Colt McCoy had better stats than your Golden Boy Brady Quinn.
colt mccoy- yards - 2570
td's- 29

Brady Quinn- yards- 3426
td's- 37
Yeah colt's stats sure are better.
:rolleyes:

ND- 821 wins with a .744 winning percentage, 8 national championships, and not to mention 7 heisman trophy winners

texas- 810 wins with a .714 winning percentage, 4 national championships, and two heisman winners.

so yeah, talk mess about notre dame when your team is better than them

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
colt mccoy- yards - 2570
td's- 29

Brady Quinn- yards- 3426
td's- 37

ND- 821 wins with a .744 winning percentage, 8 national championships, and not to mention 7 heisman trophy winners

texas- 810 wins with a .714 winning percentage, 4 national championships, and two heisman winners.

Oh those wins how many came back before WW2?

Seriously. . .football is all about what have you done for me lately. Lately. . .as in the past decade Texas has been on top of the heap and ND has been on the bottom. Yet ND STILL gets special treatment. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start out the year in the Top 15 even tho they don't deserve to be anywhere near the Top 25.

As far as Colt. . .he DID have better numbers until he got hurt. And I believe his completion % is still higher than BQ's. Face facts. . .BQ chokes against any decent defense he faces and only racks it up against creme-puffs. Colt meanwhile set the Freshman record for TD passes. . .

Win one for the Gipper!!:rolleyes:

carter08
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
joe mckinight = the king of Louisiana football

g$$
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
colt mccoy- yards - 2570
td's- 29

Brady Quinn- yards- 3426
td's- 37

Good post. Both guys have solid #s, & both schools stand on their own merit.

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by carter08
joe mckinight = the king of Louisiana football

I still say he becomes an LSU Tiger. I almost know the Horns aren't gonna get him. He wants an offer BEFORE he makes a visit and meets Mack. . .and Mack don't play that way. You gotta show up and let him get a look at you before he makes an offer.

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Good post. Both guys have solid #s, & both schools stand on their own merit.

Worst bowl record in history stands on its own merit too I'd guess.

You can't argue the fact that ND gets special treatment and gets put into games it doesn't belong in. The Badgers deserved that game and got screwed. Kinda like the Ducks got screwed last year. Kinda like some other deserving team will get screwed next year.

g$$
01-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Worst bowl record in history stands on its own merit too I'd guess.

You can't argue the fact that ND gets special treatment and gets put into games it doesn't belong in. The Badgers deserved that game and got screwed. Kinda like the Ducks got screwed last year. Kinda like some other deserving team will get screwed next year.

I am not arguing for ND believe me, & yes they do get special treatment for sure. They certainly did this year. Wisconsin or Rutgers or Louisville deserved their spot.

But, body of work says ND has been good for a long time. That 1994 Cotton Bowl was a great game, probably before your time. I was there in 1993 & 1994 while in school. A&M was good, ranked #3 with many future pros like Sam Adams, Patrick Bates, Greg Hill, & others. We got blown out in '93 & played a good game in '94 that came down to the final play. ND made 2 big plays to win it, both by Texans (Bobby Taylor & Allen Rossum).

ND's backfield: QB Rick Mirer, FB Reggie Brooks, & TB Jerome Bettis, plus many other studs. It was fun to watch in person.

That being said, I do not like ND at all.

pantherpop
01-07-2007, 01:27 AM
ok well lets just look at notre dame's losses this year
LSU
USC
MICHIGAN
all three top 10 teams all three in bcs games

TEXAS' losses
a very good ohio st. team
average AM team
and of course kansas st. which speaks for itself

as for colts percentage being higher it was. but look at the o-line and talent they have at texas.
brady is running for his life everytime he throws.

Brady does have a tendency to screw up in the big games and thats why im awaiting the arrival of jimmy clausen. but i dont know about how colt will react to the big games because well texas didnt have a bcs game to go to. lets face it the alamo bowl is not a big time game. the only big games he played in were in the season to ohio state, tex am, and ou, and he lost two of those.

face it, you cant argue with stats and notre dame has them

pantherpop
01-07-2007, 01:38 AM
yeah i agree with the special treatment nd gets, but they get it because they sell seats, and because of their winning history. they didn't get all this special treatment handed to them, they won and kept doing it

LitanyofFury
01-07-2007, 04:15 AM
ok well lets just look at notre dame's losses this year
LSU
USC
MICHIGAN
all three top 10 teams all three in bcs games

TEXAS' losses
a very good ohio st. team
average AM team
and of course kansas st. which speaks for itself

as for colts percentage being higher it was. but look at the o-line and talent they have at texas.
brady is running for his life everytime he throws.

Brady does have a tendency to screw up in the big games and thats why im awaiting the arrival of jimmy clausen. but i dont know about how colt will react to the big games because well texas didnt have a bcs game to go to. lets face it the alamo bowl is not a big time game. the only big games he played in were in the season to ohio state, tex am, and ou, and he lost two of those.

face it, you cant argue with stats and notre dame has them

So basically you just admitted that ND can't play with the big boys and only does well when going up against the service acadamies.

Texas has already proven itself in recent history. No team has won more games in the past decade than Texas. We've won 2 BCS games and the title. ND meanwhile has lost 9 bowl games in a row and hasn't won a bowl game in 13 years.

Also, comparing Texas and ND this year is asinine. We're talking about ND getting special treatment when it comes around to bowl season. So, you need to be comparing ND and Wisconsin and other teams with 2 losses or less. Wisconsin went out and beat Arkie and ND didn't even show up to play.

Finally, how sad is it that a redshirt Freshman has comparable numbers to the signal caller for the vaunted Domers who happens to be a Senior? Before Colt got injured he was getting some Heisman talk. Not to win but to get a plane ticket out to NYC. Considering how bad the Horns defense was and how they never got their run game going the entire season, I saw he overcame just as much or more than BQ had to.

And you're right. . .the stats don't lie. Notre Shame HAD a great program. . .50 years or more ago. Since then they've been living offa Knute's cred and their Catholic fanbase. Sad part is, the Longhorns are a MUCH better ratings draw than the Domers nowadays as well. The Alamo Bowl was the highest rated ESPN game ever I believe. Only sportswriters who still get caught up in the magical crap of Rudy still think the Domers are a legit team who deserve a BCS spot. I mean. . .2 years ago they get into the BCS with 2 wins over teams with a winning record. Didn't beat a single team in the Top 25. This year they win 1 game over Georgia Tech (terrible.) and that's their signature win. But. . .but. . .they're Notre Dame! Ok, let 'em in. Nobody wants to watch the 11-1 Wisconsin Badgers anyway I suppose.:rolleyes:

Frankly, true college football fans are tired of the ND bias. In fact, that's really the only reason anyone bothers talking about them. We complain because they do less and get more than these other deserving football teams and then their fans (who most of which have never stepped foot on South Bend or seen Touchdown Jesus in person) go on and on and on about how swell they are. I get given a LOT of grief about supporting the Horns as fervently as I do. . .but at least they back it up, ya know?

Join a conference. . .get the same TV deals as everyone else. . .and stop acting like you're the be all and end all of college football. And for Pete's sake please win a bowl game sometime before 2050!

Phil C
01-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Present company excepted of course. (or I hope).

:)

Phil C
01-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Look out now! :(

I may have a humble house but I make the payments. :(

Phil C
01-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I guess you'd know ALL about trailer trash, huh?

Hey I onced lived in a trailer!

:mad:

Phil C
01-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh those wins how many came back before WW2?

Seriously. . .football is all about what have you done for me lately. Lately. . .as in the past decade Texas has been on top of the heap and ND has been on the bottom. Yet ND STILL gets special treatment. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start out the year in the Top 15 even tho they don't deserve to be anywhere near the Top 25.

As far as Colt. . .he DID have better numbers until he got hurt. And I believe his completion % is still higher than BQ's. Face facts. . .BQ chokes against any decent defense he faces and only racks it up against creme-puffs. Colt meanwhile set the Freshman record for TD passes. . .

Win one for the Gipper!!:rolleyes:

The 1946 one should have gone to Army.

Phil C
01-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Notre Dame did have a good year this year and deserved a bowl big but not really a BCS Bowl Bid. I have seen them get bowl bigs when they had a 5 loss team just because the bowls knew they would draw and other teams with better records got snubbed. You shouldn't go by reputation of the past for the bowl bids. For example Pittsburgh has won 5 of the six super bowls they played in and won it last year but didn't even make the playoffs even though they had the reputation and were the defending super bowl champions. They had the reputation but this year didn't prove it on the field of play.