PDA

View Full Version : GAINESVILLE LEOPARDS

mr.leopard man
06-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Football practice is maybe a lil over a month to go...i wish all the teams good luck on the upcoming season...I am really looking forward to seeing gainesville play. since they didnt lose much and plus there JV went 10-0.. should be some great football this year ..cya eek!

Keith7
06-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Who are you?

mr.leopard man
06-08-2003, 11:11 AM
i am Mr leopard man....season ticket holder

<small>[ June 12, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: mr.leopard man ]</small>

Matthew328
06-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I won't get into my opinions of Gainesville...always have tons of talent..but they really disappointed me las year....dunnno if I will be a believer until they can win a big game..last few years they have fallen short in big games..

Keith7
06-09-2003, 12:51 PM
the offensive play calling in our last play off game was horrable.. i'll send u a copy of the tape u need me too.. a new coachin staff might be what our team needs to take it to the next level..

Matthew328
06-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Keith I wasn't just talkin about last year....Gainesville has had great talent...just as goo as the Everman's and Commerce's and Atlanta's and more talent that Celina..just something has been missing....maybe with a new staff things will change for the Leps....but I got to see it to believe it...this year may be a shot for you guys to make a run...most of the top teams in Reg 2 Div 1 are at the bottom of the bracket....Atlanta likely will be Div 2 so we could see a Gainesville vs Forney/Carhage Regional Final....

Keith7
06-09-2003, 02:01 PM
yea we should make a good run this year I believe.. Our team will be more disciplined with the new coaching staff, and I think that played a big part in big games.. and we have alot of good athletes from basketball who decided to play football this year and our Line will be HUGE this year from the kids movin up from JV..
Our summer offseason work outs started today and we looked good, I just hope we can get over our stigma of losing big games this year..

mr.leopard man
06-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Yes the new offensive coordinator is from Denton and they say he likes to throw the ball, and since our quarterback Chris Brown is coming back it should help.. plus with Purvey and Hewitt running they should have a scoring offense, and the new head coach Jeff Cordell is the mastermind of the defense that shut down Daughtery of bridgeport last year so i think Gainesville looks good on paper now it time to show.. thanks for reading.. FG

Matthew328
06-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Question with Purvey is can he stay outta trouble..I had a teacher/coach from Gainesville come into my job last night and said it isn't a given Purvey will even play this year....if he does play he is definatley a talent that can take Gainesville a long way..

Keith7
06-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Matthew328:
Question with Purvey is can he stay outta trouble..I had a teacher/coach from Gainesville come into my job last night and said it isn't a given Purvey will even play this year....if he does play he is definatley a talent that can take Gainesville a long way..yea he really does.. and it shows on his average per rush last season.. I've talked to him a few times this summer and he seems really excited about football season.. so I think he may be able to put it together.. He is probobly in the top 100 in underclassman Basketball players and him not being able to play last year because of problems may have made him realize what was wrong..

mr.leopard man
06-11-2003, 06:35 PM
We hope Purvey can keep his head straight..that have alot of talent.. i have heard that Amos Berryman has been catching everything in 7on7 .. plus Gainesville won the 7on7 tournament they were in.. they beat Celina in the championship..and also beat 5a carrolton.. the team Copeland (the last Gainesville coach) coaches now. everyone mark down Oct 24th Celina at Gainesville...plus dont forget about Pilot Point with G.a. Moore.and the running back that had to sit out a year.. Chad Suggs. should be interesting..to the leopard fans...will Gainesville have KGAF this year? take care..