PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is a GROUPIE...

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 03:56 AM
...and I couldn't be prouder! She went to see Pat Green last nite at "Cowboys" in San Antonio, and came back saying she was "in love" with Pat Green...(I'm thinking, cuz he's cute and very popular now)...... but her reason being, he's married and his wife is 8 months preggers and he said he just couldn't wait to be a daddy......she said he was soooo in love with his wife and baby-to-be, it made him soooooooooo irresistable.....to think that my 18 yr old would recognize this as being a worthy trait in a man, well, ....she makes this mama proud!!

(Sorry, not a football topic.....moms on here will relate!!! Plus it's late and I can't sleep and I don't have a thing left to say about football, so please forgive me!) :)

3afan
10-19-2003, 06:45 AM
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?

29x281
10-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Pat Green is to outlaw country what sprinkles are to chocolate donuts.

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 09:07 AM
YaYa, I know exactly what you mean. It is nice to see our girls recognize something that is quite a moral value in men, as something very significant. I'd be proud too!

Chocolate sprinkles? Now that is funy. :D

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:42 AM
HotDawg89:
YaYa, I know exactly what you mean. It is nice to see our girls recognize something that is quite a moral value in men, as something very significant. I'd be proud too!

Chocolate sprinkles? Now that is funy. :D Yeah, I thought so, especially since I think he has a cute a** !! hehehehehe

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:43 AM
3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!

trojandad
10-19-2003, 02:18 PM
That "sprinkles on a chocolate donut" might be the best line ever. I scared the dog laughing.

Big Cheese
10-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Being a female college student I will have to say that Pat Green is very popular on the college circut and with all the ladies.

Ya Ya I too was at the concert and find it very appealing for a guy to feel like that about his wife and child.

tomthall
10-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Bandera YaYa:
...and I couldn't be prouder! She went to see Pat Green last nite at "Cowboys" in San Antonio, and came back saying she was "in love" with Pat Green...(I'm thinking, cuz he's cute and very popular now)...... but her reason being, he's married and his wife is 8 months preggers and he said he just couldn't wait to be a daddy......she said he was soooo in love with his wife and baby-to-be, it made him soooooooooo irresistable.....to think that my 18 yr old would recognize this as being a worthy trait in a man, well, ....she makes this mama proud!!

(Sorry, not a football topic.....moms on here will relate!!! Plus it's late and I can't sleep and I don't have a thing left to say about football, so please forgive me!) :) wait, doesn't that mean she just loves a man who is already married?

jason
10-19-2003, 04:19 PM
Bandera YaYa:

3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!never heard of him

b-townhottie06
10-19-2003, 04:31 PM
HEY BANDERA YAYA!! were you standing behind the BANDERA YAYA sign at the burnet/bandera game? if so i saw you! i was in the Band! tell your guys good job for me! Yall team has been the only one to hold us back in the first half so far i think! but tell them GOOD JOB!

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 05:48 PM
jason:

Bandera YaYa:

3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!never heard of himI'm not surprised.

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Okay... Pat Green is bringing Texas-Country out into mainstream. Kinda like Shiner Beer... it was a neat kept secret for a while, but so many people got a chance to taste it that you can't contain it anymore.

One question... What the heck does that song talk about... Wave on Wave...

jason
10-19-2003, 09:12 PM
HotDawg89:

jason:

Bandera YaYa:

3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!never heard of himI'm not surprised.what's that supposed to mean??

unnamed_bdawg06
10-19-2003, 09:26 PM
since when have all these moms been intrested in football, i wish my mom was like that

keepNitKrunk
10-19-2003, 09:26 PM
maybe that you're a huge deusche

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:27 PM
keepNitKrunk:
maybe that you're a huge deuscheMaybe that noone likes you on here

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

keepNitKrunk
10-19-2003, 09:30 PM
3afan2K3:

keepNitKrunk:
maybe that you're a huge deuscheMaybe that noone likes you on herewhat

keepNitKrunk
10-19-2003, 09:30 PM
seriously dawg, don't joke about that. if no one liked me on this message board i really don't know what i would do.

unnamed_bdawg06
10-19-2003, 09:33 PM
did u just call him dawg?......

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I dont get it

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2003, 09:41 PM
unnamed_bdawg06:
since when have all these moms been intrested in football, i wish my mom was like thatHave you asked her to a game? Maybe she doesn't understand football. Speaking for this mom, I've loved football since I was little girl - of course I didn't have much choice. I even got to watch game film at home some times. http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudnikboogie.gif

jason
10-19-2003, 09:43 PM
im goin golfin with my mom next week...ill prolly shoot 90 and she'll beat me...lol

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:44 PM
How long are you gonna be here????

tomthall
10-19-2003, 09:45 PM
3afan2K3:
I dont get iti don't think there is anything to get except that keepnitkrunk needs to grow up

jason
10-19-2003, 09:46 PM
3afan2K3:
How long are you gonna be here????ill be at the game fri night (halloween) and then i think im meeting a friend from UTD in crandall and then im goin to UTD sat-sat night, sun mornin then comin back to cove...oh, and ill be 21 then... :D :D eek! eek!

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:46 PM
tomthall:

3afan2K3:
I dont get iti don't think there is anything to get except that keepnitkrunk needs to grow upI was saying I dont get it about his quote. But I do agree with you

3afan2K3
10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
jason:

3afan2K3:
How long are you gonna be here????ill be at the game fri night (halloween) and then i think im meeting a friend from UTD in crandall and then im goin to UTD sat-sat night, sun mornin then comin back to cove...oh, and ill be 21 then... :D :D eek! eek! What are you gonna be for halloween?? A tall nerd in a red hat?

jason
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
3afan2K3:

jason:

3afan2K3:
How long are you gonna be here????ill be at the game fri night (halloween) and then i think im meeting a friend from UTD in crandall and then im goin to UTD sat-sat night, sun mornin then comin back to cove...oh, and ill be 21 then... :D :D eek! eek! What are you gonna be for halloween?? A tall nerd in a red hat?no, i have a french maid outfit...and my red hat... :D :D :D

29x281
10-19-2003, 09:55 PM
slpybr:

It's all opinion, so feel free to disagree, but...

Guys like Willie Nelson and Robert Earl Keen and a few dozen others are hardly "neat kept secrets". Pat has stumbled onto stardom on the strength of the frat house demographic, a group in which the qualities of bad taste & worse judgment have coincided with the availability of mom and dad's credit card to forge several platinum records for Mr Green. High school kids are also big contributors, something Patty's stardom shares with other notable giants of the music industry such as NSync, the Back Street Boys, and Brittany Spears.

Two, Green's success is still a regional, not a mainsteam phenomenon. Sure, I know, he's sold more records than the Beatles, but I'd be shocked if anything less than 80% of his sales are from the states of Texas and Oklahoma.

Last, and worst of all, it's formula music. It's exactly like Nashville music in the sense that it combines predictable motifs and standard chord structures to evoke a shout from its target audience. Patty knows, above all, that Billy Bob is proud of being Texan, so he'll throw in some obscure Texas town. He knows Billy Bob drinks, so he'll throw in a line about whiskey. He knows Billy Bob feels trapped by work and girlfriends, so he'll say something about taking a road trip when times get tough. And he knows Billy Bob has a vague sense of Christian ethics, so even Jesus will sneak in there occasionally.

If I'm more critical of Pat than I should be, it's because I disagree with the notion that he's some sort of folk hero at the forefront of Texas culture, whatever that is. He uses traditional Texas imagery because it's easier than creating something truly original. I'm all for him making a buck, heck that's the American way, and certainly his talent beats the bejezus out of anything I'll ever do, but let's not give him credit for something other people have already done. That's not fair to Willie, Earnest Tubb, and Bob Wills, so on and so forth.

There's certainly worse stuff out there. But I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that Rbt E Keen songs like Mariano and Not A Drop of Rain and Feelin Good Again reach a complexity and originality that will always remain beyond Patty's grasp.

tomthall
10-19-2003, 09:57 PM
wow man you really analized that. i'm a white trash kid in college and i just like to see him perform and his songs make me feel good and think of all the good times i have with my friends.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:16 PM
29x281:
slpybr:

Guys like Willie Nelson and Robert Earl Keen and a few dozen others are hardly "neat kept secrets". Pat has stumbled onto stardom on the strength of the frat house demographic, a group in which the qualities of bad taste & worse judgment have coincided with the availability of mom and dad's credit card to forge several platinum records for Mr Green. High school kids are also big contributors, something Patty's stardom shares with other notable giants of the music industry such as NSync, the Back Street Boys, and Brittany Spears.

Two, Green's success is still a regional, not a mainsteam phenomenon. Sure, I know, he's sold more records than the Beatles, but I'd be shocked if anything less than 80% of his sales are from the states of Texas and Oklahoma.

Last, and worst of all, it's formula music. It's exactly like Nashville music in the sense that it combines predictable motifs and standard chord structures to evoke a shout from its target audience. Patty knows, above all, that Billy Bob is proud of being Texan, so he'll throw in some obscure Texas town. He knows Billy Bob drinks, so he'll throw in a line about whiskey. He knows Billy Bob feels trapped by work and girlfriends, so he'll say something about taking a road trip when times get tough. And he knows Billy Bob has a vague sense of Christian ethics, so even Jesus will sneak in there occasionally.

If I'm more critical of Pat than I should be, it's because I disagree with the notion that he's some sort of folk hero at the forefront of Texas culture, whatever that is. He uses traditional Texas imagery because it's easier than creating something truly original. I'm all for him making a buck, heck that's the American way, and certainly his talent beats the bejezus out of anything I'll ever do, but let's not give him credit for something other people have already done. That's not fair to Willie, Earnest Tubb, and Bob Wills, so on and so forth.

There's certainly worse stuff out there. But I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that Rbt E Keen songs like Mariano and Not A Drop of Rain and Feelin Good Again reach a complexity and originality that will always remain beyond Patty's grasp....WATCH OUT...that limb you are on is beginning to snap!! THANK GOD Pat (his name is not Patty) will never sound like REK (that's what people who know him personally know him as). Keep listening to REK..after listening to his latest "Fresh Farm Onions" (by the way, which he personally gave me the copy), I think he will need every fan he can muster.....I like REK enough, just don't think he can sing a lick. But, hey if you think he's talented, more power to ya. Pat Green has a far better voice than REK ever thought about having....but that's just my opinion....but watch out....Pat Green will be BIG...tho I wish he'd just stay a singing boy from the HIll Country!!
And just how do you think REK started out??????
Singing with Lyle Lovett at A&M....for college kids....played at the Cabaret here in BAndera with 100's of screaming HIGH SCHOOLers.....Ask me anything you want about REK, my daughter worked for him, at his office in BAndera....and of course, I'm sure you know he lives in BAndera....
But hey I just know what I like to listen to....and I'll take PAt Green over REK any day of the week.....Why don't you buy "Farm Fresh Onions and then PAt Green's latest CD.....you tell me who can sing better.....Enjoy!!

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2003, 10:21 PM
29x281:
slpybr:

Guys will always remain beyond Patty's grasp.Actually, I am right there with ya. What I meant was that Pat Green will be the crossover singer that will introduce folks to what I should call, Texas Rockabilly or something like that.

My all time fave is Bob Wills and always will be, so you can guess what my tastes are like.

(And yeah, I have liked Shiner for a few years too!) wink

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2003, 10:22 PM
BTW... still waiting to hear what the heck Wave on Wave means/is about...

29x281
10-19-2003, 10:24 PM
Then is Whitney Houston the world's greatest musical artist? If singing voice is the standard, then how did Willie EVER make a dime playing music? Singing voices are fine, but they're not that big a deal to me.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2003, 10:25 PM
tomthall:

Bandera YaYa:

(Sorry, not a football topic.....moms on here will relate!!! Plus it's late and I can't sleep and I don't have a thing left to say about football, so please forgive me!) :) wait, doesn't that mean she just loves a man who is already married?Oh my gosh...........pleeeeease, she doesn't mean it like that!!! Geeeeeezzzzzzzzz! Dear Lord, give me strength!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ October 19, 2003, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Rabbit'93
10-19-2003, 11:24 PM
The Reverend Horton Heat is the best rockabilly ever.

HotDawg89
10-19-2003, 11:27 PM
jason:

HotDawg89:

jason:

Bandera YaYa:

3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!never heard of himI'm not surprised.what's that supposed to mean??A lot of guys haven't heard of him. He is kind of a ladie's attraction if you know what I mean. What did you think I meant by that? Testy aren't we? wink

Jacket2000
10-20-2003, 12:40 AM
I was a Pat Green fan untill I heard his latest album(which will be the death of his career if he doesn't change things). It's absolutely terrible, and the sales of it are showin' it. But, from what I hear, he's gotten the message b/c I understand that his live shows are more like they once were(he had briefly changed them too to fit his new west coast style of music). Im still a fan of his older stuff, though.
Oh, and Slpy, I was listening to a radio interview with him where he was asked what the song was about, he replied "Hell if I know, I didnt write it". That might explain difference in his new album sales compared to the projected sales from the record label.
J2K

jason
10-20-2003, 08:13 AM
HotDawg89:

jason:

HotDawg89:

jason:

Bandera YaYa:

3afan:
WHO IS Pat Green? An entertainer I assume?Don't know if you listen to country, but he sings "Wave on Wave" ....he's VERY popular with the college crowds...and he's a nice person that puts on a heck of a show for his fans!!never heard of himI'm not surprised.what's that supposed to mean??A lot of guys haven't heard of him. He is kind of a ladie's attraction if you know what I mean. What did you think I meant by that? Testy aren't we? wink OH, ok... :D

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Hey, to each his own, for sure!! I just started listening to Pat Green and I like him....and don't get me wrong, I like REK personally...he's a hoot...I just don't think he can sing, but hey if people do, great!! I have to say I did like his first few albums, but not the latest few, that's all !! Ya Ya!! I just know what makes me want to dance!!!!

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 08:38 AM
29x281:
Then is Whitney Houston the world's greatest musical artist? If singing voice is the standard, then how did Willie EVER make a dime playing music? Singing voices are fine, but they're not that big a deal to me.Well, then you are by far the better critic....I think Willie sings ALOT better than REK...and are you saying Whitney Houston can't sing?????
You may not like her or her style of singing, but any vocal coach in the world will tell you she can sing, in pitch and boy can she reach those high notes!!
But I understand what you mean......some people like songs for their lyrics and some for the quality of the voice....I like both, but I still say REK cannot sing worth a darn!! (Going to SA yesterday, I told my daughter (the one that worked for him) that he had given me the new CD, she said "let's listen to it" and I swear we couldn't make it past 2-3 lines on each song...he's mumbling, can't hear him over the intruments...seriously had to remove it from my player!! Sorry... Just "our" take!! You are a purist when it comes to music.....I just know what I like to sing along with (Gosh, my voice is horrible, but maybe...?????) :D

booger1
10-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Bandera YaYa:

HotDawg89:

Chocolate sprinkles? Now that is funy. :D Yeah, I thought so, especially since I think he has a cute a** !! heheheheheI like his music, But that is weirdest looking dude I have ever seen!

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 01:49 PM
booger1:

Bandera YaYa:

HotDawg89:

Chocolate sprinkles? Now that is funy. :D Yeah, I thought so, especially since I think he has a cute a** !! heheheheheI like his music, But that is weirdest looking dude I have ever seen!Yeah, kinda looks like Kermit the Frog when he smiles!! :D

Chief Woodman
10-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Nobody sings better than me when I sing in the shower! :D

jason
10-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Chief Woodman:
Nobody sings better than me when I sing in the shower! :D you should hear me in my pick-up...can you say Barry Manilow...haha

<small>[ October 20, 2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BIG19
10-20-2003, 02:22 PM
jason:

3afan2K3:

jason:

3afan2K3:
How long are you gonna be here????ill be at the game fri night (halloween) and then i think im meeting a friend from UTD in crandall and then im goin to UTD sat-sat night, sun mornin then comin back to cove...oh, and ill be 21 then... :D :D eek! eek! What are you gonna be for halloween?? A tall nerd in a red hat?no, i have a french maid outfit...and my red hat... :D :D :D NO, 3afan2k3, you had better not post any pictures of this one. We want as many posters as possible next week...

jason
10-20-2003, 02:25 PM
BIG19:

jason:

3afan2K3:

jason:

3afan2K3:
How long are you gonna be here????ill be at the game fri night (halloween) and then i think im meeting a friend from UTD in crandall and then im goin to UTD sat-sat night, sun mornin then comin back to cove...oh, and ill be 21 then... :D :D eek! eek! What are you gonna be for halloween?? A tall nerd in a red hat?no, i have a french maid outfit...and my red hat... :D :D :D NO, 3afan2k3, you had better not post any pictures of this one. We want as many posters as possible next week...he told me he had something special for yall to see on my birthday...

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Gee, I can't wait.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jason
10-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Gee, I can't wait.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: im kind of wondering what he has in store also...