PDA

View Full Version : UT Baseball Team Ranked No. 4 in Pre Season

Phil C
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Below is UT pitcher Adrian Alaniz. He is from Sinton. :)

http://cache.texassports.com//image_lib/alaniz_adrian_010407_400.jpg

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
The poll I saw had Rice as Preseason #1, & Texas at #7. Of course there are a few different polls. Baylor & Nebraska were in the mix too, plus TCU at #15. Speaks well for the state & conference.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 05:18 PM
UT is pretty young this year it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Can't wait to see how neck_06 does this year with A&M!! :)

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
UT is pretty young this year it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Can't wait to see how neck_06 does this year with A&M!! :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: and good luck to Adrian also.

Isn't it funny how photos of pitchers make them look like contortionists 9 out of 10 times.:thinking: :D

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:clap: :clap: :clap: and good luck to Adrian also.

Isn't it funny how photos of pitchers make them look like contortionists 9 out of 10 times.:thinking: :D

You are right - also explains why the human shoulder was not designed to throw a baseball. You see softball pitchers throw all day & baseball guys often get injured. It's all anatomy & physiology! Pics tell the story.

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are right - also explains why the human shoulder was not designed to throw a baseball. You see softball pitchers throw all day & baseball guys often get injured. It's all anatomy & physiology! Pics tell the story.

true, true...

texasjeremy
01-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
The poll I saw had Rice as Preseason #1, & Texas at #7. Of course there are a few different polls. Baylor & Nebraska were in the mix too, plus TCU at #15. Speaks well for the state & conference.

Its almost always Baylor, Nebraska, and Texas battling it out for the conference title. Not sure about Nebraska this year, but Baylor is very young (though it helped they brought in the #1 recruiting class in the nation).

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Its almost always Baylor, Nebraska, and Texas battling it out for the conference title. Not sure about Nebraska this year, but Baylor is very young (though it helped they brought in the #1 recruiting class in the nation).

Watch out for Baylor. Kid named Aaron Miller (Channelview) is the real deal as a LHP & hitter. He played with my nephew here with the Houston Heat Silver select team. One of the best hs hitters I have ever seen. Turned down pro $$ to go to school. Kid can flat rake. They brought in a great class no doubt.

A&M is the dark horse. Childress cleaned house & brought in some good kids, esp. pitchers. Maybe one more year away though. OU is another team to watch too.

VWG
01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
OU will be a sleeper this year in the Big 12 race.
Another team to watch out for is Kansas. They have consistently gotten better the last few years, but still not a top flight program like Nebraska or UT.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Baseball = yawn.

:D

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Baseball = yawn.

Sounds to me like a guy who:
1) was never very good at baseball
or
2) does not understand the game & its finer points or appreciate the skill required to truly excel at it.

Sure, I am biased because I played it in college, but baseball played well is a great game requiring terrific hand-eye coordination & the ability to use your brain too.

BTW, if you feel that way do not post negative replies. Pretty easy huh?

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sounds to me like a guy who:
1) was never very good at baseball
or
2) does not understand the game & its finer points or appreciate the skill required to truly excel at it.

Sure, I am biased because I played it in college, but baseball played well is a great game requiring terrific hand-eye coordination & the ability to use your brain too.

BTW, if you feel that way do not post negative replies. Pretty easy huh?

It was a joke you loser. Obviously quite a few people agree with me tho considering the ratings the World Series got this year. It'd also be "pretty easy" for you to not follow me around in every thread like a stray dog.:thumbsup:

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
It was a joke you loser. Obviously quite a few people agree with me tho considering the ratings the World Series got this year. It'd also be "pretty easy" for you to not follow me around in every thread like a stray dog.:thumbsup:

Watch your mouth West TX, or I will get your butt banned again. The WS ratings were reflective of the teams & markets in question. Baseball has never been more popular if you go by attendance & tv ratings. So, again, you don't have a clue.

Do your homework & quit following me around, tool. :)

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Watch your mouth West TX, or I will get your butt banned again. The WS ratings were reflective of the teams & markets in question. Baseball has never been more popular if you go by attendance & tv ratings. So, again, you don't have a clue.

Do your homework & quit following me around, tool. :)

Wait. . .so you're a mod now? I know you run off to them like a little child everytime someone schools you in a thread. . .but I didn't know they liked you THAT much. Glad to see you have SO much pull around this place.:rolleyes:

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Wait. . .so you're a mod now? I know you run off to them like a little child everytime someone schools you in a thread. . .but I didn't know they liked you THAT much. Glad to see you have SO much pull around this place.:rolleyes:

Never said I was a mod, nor do I want to be.

If you are so new, how do you know what I have done? Are you admitting to being WTL again? You have never schooled me in anything either boy, keep trying. You lack the intellect to do that.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Never said I was a mod, nor do I want to be.

If you are so new, how do you know what I have done? Are you admitting to being WTL again? You have never schooled me in anything either boy, keep trying. You lack the intellect to do that.

Uh. . .there's this thing called the archives. . .

Man. . .you sure do show YOUR intellect a lot, lemme tell ya!

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Uh. . .there's this thing called the archives. . .

Man. . .you sure do show YOUR intellect a lot, lemme tell ya!

Nice try, what are you a stalker? Are you so bored that you read the archives? Get a life WTL.

Intellect, athletic ability, you name it - I am ready anytime for you.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Nice try, what are you a stalker? Are you so bored that you read the archives? Get a life WTL.

Intellect, athletic ability, you name it - I am ready anytime for you.

Well, I got accused of being someone I wasn't by a guy I'd never met nor talked to. So, then I get a few PMs telling me about how big of a fool you are and I was like. . .surely not! So, I just went back and looked at a few of your rants so I could get a true picture of the my accuser. And yep. . .you're a psycho.

You tried starting fights with this WTL guy and now you're trying to start fights with me. Same MO. Different guy. You Internet tough guys are all alike, sadly.

c-town_balla
01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
wow..............so Texas is gonna be goooooooooooood

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, I got accused of being someone I wasn't by a guy I'd never met nor talked to. So, then I get a few PMs telling me about how big of a fool you are and I was like. . .surely not! So, I just went back and looked at a few of your rants so I could get a true picture of the my accuser. And yep. . .you're a psycho.

You tried starting fights with this WTL guy and now you're trying to start fights with me. Same MO. Different guy. You Internet tough guys are all alike, sadly.

Nice try again. Horrible story though. You are fooling none of us.

I am in Houston. Let's talk sometime if you think I hide behind a computer big boy...let me know. You called me a racist & I have not nor will not ever forget it.

tigerpride_08
01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
wow..............so Texas is gonna be goooooooooooood

they always have good teams though....

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 11:54 PM
great, another thread hijacked!

sahen
01-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Baseball rocks!

Go Bears!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Jess Buenger from Bellville transfered from Texas A&M to Rice , Jess will start for Rice, what I have been told, and Rice is #1.

JasperDog94
01-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Watch your mouth West TX, or I will get your butt banned again.

Originally posted by JasperDog94
Can any mod clarify if LitanyofFury is WestTXLonghorn? I'm just sick of all the crap that's being thrown around on several threads. I thought if I took a break for awhile, things would die down. It guess I was wrong.

So either:

A. LitanyofFury is WestTXLonghorn and should be reROMmed

B. LitanyofFury is WestTXLonghorn and got a pardon

C. LitanyofFury is not WestTXLonghorn and G$$ should just drop it.

This is getting old...quick.

Originally posted by sinton66
We've seen no evidence that he is. If anyone has evidence, send it to a mod.

Phil C
01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by sahen
Baseball rocks!

Go Bears!

sahen - I admire the Baptist Church.

charlesrixey
01-06-2007, 10:59 AM
whew! we saved the thread!

luvhoops34
01-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Baseball is NOT boring!!!! Lots of drama and intrigue goes on if you know anything about the sport at all. :eek:

Pmoney
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Who is tired of g$$ griping? dont come on the board and gripe!

pirate4state
01-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Who is tired of g$$ griping? dont come on the board and gripe!

Don't you know? That's what we do best around here in the off season....gripe & whine. :rolleyes:

Oh and hijacking threads never gets old. ;)

charlesrixey
01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
not too terribly much different than the regular season

:thinking:

WildTexan
01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Baseball = yawn.

dang right......and especially UT baseball......who cares other than some wHorn rear licker

pirate4state
01-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
not too terribly much different than the regular season

:thinking:

at least we are consistent ;)

LitanyofFury
01-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
dang right......and especially UT baseball......who cares other than some wHorn rear licker

Shrug. I don't like baseball. . .but if I WAS a baseball fan I'd care about it more than any other college baseball team considering the Horns have won more national titles in the past few years than other teams have in their entire history. And why doncha keep the rear lickin to yourself. . .you Wild Texan you.

Bull19
01-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Jess Buenger from Bellville transfered from Texas A&M to Rice , Jess will start for Rice, what I have been told, and Rice is #1.

DONT FORGET THAT JESS WILL BE JOINED WITH ANOTHER FORMER BRAHMA AT RICE NEXT YEAR IN LUCAS LUETGE WHO IS CURRENTLY AT SAN JAC THIS YEAR,,,THAT IS IF HE DOESNT DECIDE TO GO PRO.