PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield vs. La Vega

texasjeremy
01-05-2007, 05:08 PM
La Vega crushed Fairfield in basketball. Why couldn't Fairfield struggle against Palestine like they have against Crockett and La Vega (average Palestine team has beaten both). Crockett is decent, but aren't world beaters, La Vega is very average.

mwynn05
01-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
La Vega crushed Fairfield in basketball. Why couldn't Fairfield struggle against Palestine like they have against Crockett and La Vega (average Palestine team has beaten both). Crockett is decent, but aren't world beaters, La Vega is very average. Because we had just p[lay 4 ranked teams in a row (3 days) and won Whataburger where they played 4 teams better than both of those teams...well la vega was good too they hit 5 three's in a row at one point...Fairfield got up 22-8 and was up 22-11 after 1 then couldn't hit a shot the rest of the night..i didn't see the crockett game but we just couldn't make a shot against la vega and looked worn out...Roosevelt lost to Athens the other night...Remember though less than a week before the Crockett game Fairfield blew them out and Palestine lost to a Grapeland team Fairfield beat 40

texasjeremy
01-05-2007, 05:49 PM
True, but Palestine is very average. I definitly didn't see Fairfield losing to a mediocre La Vega team though.

mwynn05
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM
True, but Palestine is very average. I definitly didn't see Fairfield losing to a mediocre La Vega team though. La Vega looked good actually I think Glynn had been out La Vega is a lot better than you think..it sounds really bad but Fairfield just didn't show up....one guy made a couple of shots early in the game but that was it...4 points in the 2nd qtr...1 fg early in the qtr probably went about 10 minutes with out a FG

texasjeremy
01-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
La Vega looked good actually I think Glynn had been out La Vega is a lot better than you think..it sounds really bad but Fairfield just didn't show up....one guy made a couple of shots early in the game but that was it...4 points in the 2nd qtr...1 fg early in the qtr probably went about 10 minutes with out a FG

That kinda effort should worry Fairfield. It doesn't matter how much better they are than everyone else, it just takes 1 game like that in the playoffs to end the season early and this is their last chance to do something in the playoffs before the MAJOR rebuilding effort starts next season.

mwynn05
01-05-2007, 05:58 PM
That kinda effort should worry Fairfield. It doesn't matter how much better they are than everyone else, it just takes 1 game like that in the playoffs to end the season early and this is their last chance to do something in the playoffs before the MAJOR rebuilding effort starts next season. I would be worried but im not after the tough week at Whataburger I think they were just tired. They had been in a hotel 3 nights the last week and had 3 tough games they will be fine