PDA

View Full Version : Reese Resigns

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Titans Need a New GM (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2721421)

Guess him and Fisher don't get along. Gotta say tho. . .he left the Titans in much better shape than Casserly left the Texans.

On a side note. . .isn't Casserly an Aggie?

g$$
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Titans Need a New GM (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2721421)

Guess him and Fisher don't get along. Gotta say tho. . .he left the Titans in much better shape than Casserly left the Texans.

On a side note. . .isn't Casserly an Aggie?

Heavens no, Charley Casserly is an East Coast guy all the way. The 1st time he ever lived in Texas was when he took the Texans' GM job. He was a hs coach who worked his way up from George Allen's gopher with the Redskins all the way to GM (drafted Heath Shuler, etc.). He worked under GM Bobby Beathard for years in their heyday.

Floyd Reese & owner Bud Adams had problems, not Jeff Fisher. Fisher won the power struggle & Reese resigned. This has been rumored to happen for a long time. The Titans are in good shape right now: $41 million under salary cap & 11 draft picks this year. They will be fine.

Phil C
01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Caserly didn't want to draft VY or Reggie. Big mistake in not drafting VY but the owner is more at fault for not overruling him and the coach. What a missed opportunity that was.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Maybe it's the Texans owner that's an Aggie....

I dunno, just heard somewhere that the real reason they didn't draft Vince is because Casserly or one of the "Deciders" was an Aggie and didn't want such a high profile Horn on his football team.

g$$
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe it's the Texans owner that's an Aggie....

I dunno, just heard somewhere that the real reason they didn't draft Vince is because Casserly or one of the "Deciders" was an Aggie and didn't want such a high profile Horn on his football team.

No, no, no. Bob McNair is the owner & he is a grad from South Carolina. His sons are Longhorns (Cal is a bigwig in the organization too). Gary Kubiak is an Aggie & former fine QB too in college & the pros.

They made a decision & a bad one that will haunt them for years, but to blame it on that angle is flat wrong. OL Steve McKinney is an Aggie & was benched most of the year until the final 2 games. It had nothing to do with Aggies & Longhorns. Those guys get paid to win games & could care less where a guy went to school. Sounds like you have been reading Orangebloods too much.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, no, no. Bob McNair is the owner & he is a grad from South Carolina. His sons are Longhorns (Cal is a bigwig in the organization too). Gary Kubiak is an Aggie & former fine QB too in college & the pros.

They made a decision & a bad one that will haunt them for years, but to blame it on that angle is flat wrong. OL Steve McKinney is an Aggie & was benched most of the year until the final 2 games. It had nothing to do with Aggies & Longhorns. Those guys get paid to win games & could care less where a guy went to school. Sounds like you have been reading Orangebloods too much.

Considering you get some pretty good info there I'll continue reading it. And no, I didn't get that rumor from OB. And right now. . .none of those guys are very good at winning games. Maybe they should try something different?

g$$
01-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Considering you get some pretty good info there I'll continue reading it. And no, I didn't get that rumor from OB. And right now. . .none of those guys are very good at winning games. Maybe they should try something different?

I said it was a bad decision, what else do you want me to say? But to blame it on that angle is just inaccurate. The new regime deserves a chance after the mess Casserly & Capers created. Last year's draft overall was good w/ Demeco Ryans & the OL. All I am saying is give Kubiak & new GM Rick Smith a chance. No doubt the organization has failed for 5 years.

You said Casserly was an Aggie? WRONG
You said McNair was an Aggie? WRONG
You said the reason VY was not drafted was because he was a Longhorn? WRONG

Maybe you are the one needing a new information source, huh?

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I said it was a bad decision, what else do you want me to say? But to blame it on that angle is just inaccurate. The new regime deserves a chance after the mess Casserly & Capers created. Last year's draft overall was good w/ Demeco Ryans & the OL. All I am saying is give Kubiak & new GM Rick Smith a chance. No doubt the organization has failed for 5 years.

Man. You sure are defensive. All I asked was if Casserly was an Aggie because I'd heard it was one of the reasons they decided not to draft Vince. If it isn't correct it isn't correct. And I never said anything. . .I said that's what I heard and obviously it isn't true. Thanks for clarifying it. Go take some blood pressure meds and take a few deep breaths!

un b weavable
01-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I wouldnt waste my time with this LitanyofFury fellow. I dont think he has a clue what he's talkin about on any topic.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
I wouldnt waste my time with this LitanyofFury fellow. I dont think he has a clue what he's talkin about on any topic.

You're SO right. I also trusted that source when he said the Holiday Bowl was EASY MONEY if you bet on the Ags to win.:clap:

mwynn05
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I wouldnt waste my time with this LitanyofFury fellow. I dont think he has a clue what he's talkin about on any topic. He just wants to try and sling mud on A&M

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
He just wants to try and sling mud on A&M

Better than me trying to sling poop on band members...

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:17 PM

You are so right. He is really West TX Longhorn & just tries to get something started. I should know better after his antics in the past. Thanks buddy.

(Unfortunately he has also found a way around the mods too; they say they have been unable to trace a link back to his West TX days. All you have to do is read what he posts & the wording, syntax, attempts at humor, etc. all match-up. Oh well, he will screw-up again & call someone a racist or something.)

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:20 PM
You're SO right. I also trusted that source when he said the Holiday Bowl was EASY MONEY if you bet on the Ags to win.:clap:

Kinda like Texas being favored by 9 over a weak 6-6 Iowa team & barely winning 26-24? That is not covering either fella is it?

BTW, A&M & Texas both looked like garbage in those games. Texas just had a weaker opponent.

12-7, thanks for playing!

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are so right. He is really West TX Longhorn & just tries to get something started. I should know better after his antics in the past. Thanks buddy.

(Unfortunately he has also found a way around the mods too; they say they have been unable to trace a link back to his West TX days. All you have to do is read what he posts & the wording, syntax, attempts at humor, etc. all match-up. Oh well, he will screw-up again & call someone a racist or something.)

Man, just admit it. . .you've got it out for anyone that supports your arch enemy. Get some therapy!

And nice job trashing the mods, btw. I guess you think they can't do their jobs or something? I haven't seen any ROMmed people back lately. So why would WTL be the exception?

How sad are you, man? Running to the mods like a whiny child everytime someone that you don't like posts on this forum. I mean, I know I own you on every thread where you try puffing your chest out, but seriously. . .nut up and get over it.

I won't call you a racist tho. Maybe poop-slinger or something you could relate to, but not racist.;)

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Kinda like Texas being favored by 9 over a weak 6-6 Iowa team & barely winning 26-24? That is not covering either fella is it?

BTW, A&M & Texas both looked like garbage in those games. Texas just had a weaker opponent.

12-7, thanks for playing!

Hope that 12-7 lasts you for the next 6 years!

un b weavable
01-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Hope that 12-7 lasts you for the next 6 years!

I know it'll last for at least one. :D

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I know it'll last for at least one. :D

:thumbsup:

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Man, just admit it. . .you've got it out for anyone that supports your arch enemy. Get some therapy!

And nice job trashing the mods, btw. I guess you think they can't do their jobs or something? I haven't seen any ROMmed people back lately. So why would WTL be the exception?

I won't call you a racist tho. Maybe poop-slinger or something you could relate to, but not racist.;)

I did not trash the mods, I just said you have found a way around them for now. And, the only therapy I need is for you to vanish. I cheer at games, not toss poop. You sound very defensive about that? Did you get hit or something?

You're right - I guess when 2 elderly Horns flipped us off at a game years ago that was good behavior! Horns always act so above board right? And they don't boo college kids either. Get over yourself & read Orangebloods some more tool.

un b weavable
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I did not trash the mods, I just said you have found a way around them for now. And, the only therapy I need is for you to vanish. I cheer at games, not toss poop. You sound very defensive about that? Did you get hit or something?

You're right - I guess when 2 elderly Horns flipped us off at a game years ago that was good behavior! Horns always act so above board right? And they don't boo college kids either. Get over yourself & read Orangebloods some more tool.

Im beginning to like this guy more and more. :clap:

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Yeah. . .just like an Aggie. Face a little adversity and fold up like a cheap tent. Glad you're around to keep up the ATM traditions which make it the laughing stock of the south.

And yeah, we've already seen the class ATM has. Heard played REALLY well in the 44-10 beatdown of epic proportions the other day. Goodson looked spectacular as well. I guess "Cart McCoy" isn't going to be tossed around so much anymore, is it?:rolleyes:

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah. . .just like an Aggie. Face a little adversity and fold up like a cheap tent. Glad you're around to keep up the ATM traditions which make it the laughing stock of the south.

And yeah, we've already seen the class ATM has. Heard played REALLY well in the 44-10 beatdown of epic proportions the other day. Goodson looked spectacular as well. I guess "Cart McCoy" isn't going to be tossed around so much anymore, is it?:rolleyes:

No folding here Sparky. Keep it coming.

The only CART I have seen recently carried McCoy off the DKR field. You are grasping for straws buddy. A&M got beat, no excuses. Same as we beat your wHORNS 12-7, no excuses.

Have a nice day.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No folding here Sparky. Keep it coming.

The only CART I have seen recently carried McCoy off the DKR field. You are grasping for straws buddy. A&M got beat, no excuses. Same as we beat your wHORNS 12-7, no excuses.

Have a nice day.

Jesus. . .you're classless AND dense.

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Jesus. . .you're classless AND dense.

No, you just don't know what to say West TX Longhorn.

Keep it coming - you will dig your grave again.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, you just don't know what to say West TX Longhorn.

Keep it coming - you will dig your grave again.

Seems to me that if I was this WTL guy you keep saying I am. . .then I'd probably have no trouble coming back again, right? Maybe it would be in your best interest to get a new hobby and lay off the witch-hunts. Ranting and raving about me isn't going to change anything except make you look even more ridiculous than you already do.

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Sure thing WTL. I "live" to read your words of wisdom. Crawl back into your hole please.

12-7, thanks again.