PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard Weekend Preview

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2007, 03:08 PM
well here we are its Friday folks and tomorrow begins the NFL playoffs and wildcard weekend. The action kicksoff tomorrow at 3:30 pm ct with the Colts hosting the Chiefs. I am a Colts fan to a certain extent, but I also am realistic and even though hell had to freeze over for KC to make the playoffs, (and it did, I might add) Indy is one and done this year, because they cant stop the run and all KC has to do tomorrow is feed the ball to LJ and they should run right into a divisional match at San Diego(since KC is the lowest seeded team they would play the #1 seeded Chargers). The night cap will be of course my beloved Cowboys tarveling to Seattle for a matchup with the Seahawks. This is a homer pick right here I will admit it and I've got Dallas winning this game, and we wont know who the 'Boys will play who until the outcome of sunday NFC game. But first things first, SUnday opens up with the Jets heading to Foxsboro to face the team that has bothered me the most in the last five years of picking games, the Patriots. The teams split the AFC East season series this year at 1 apiece, but I am going to go with NE on this one, which suprises me even, but I have learned from the past dont bet against Brady and Bellichik. Of course that will set them up for a divisonal match with the Ravens, where the lack of a go to reciever for the Patriots could lead to some problems against Baltimores stellar defense. And that leaves us with another interdivisional wild card game with Philly playing host to the Giants. You know I could go with the whole NY will be playing to win Tiki a Super Bowl ring before he reitres, but lets be serious, the Giants havent been playing like they want to win a game much less a Super Bowl for Tiki so I got the Jeff Garcia led Eagles heading into a divisional playoff mathc with the Saints, leaving Dallas to head up to Chicago.

SO to recap I've got:

KC over Indy
Dallas over Seattle
NE over NYJ
and
Philly over NYG

TUne in next week for my divisional playoff preview

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Great stuff Dre!! :thumbsup:

I get where you are coming from with KC, but the real question is can the KC defense stop Petyon & co. ???? We'll see!!

TheDOCTORdre
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Great stuff Dre!! :thumbsup:

I get where you are coming from with KC, but the real question is can the KC defense stop Petyon & co. ???? We'll see!!
I thought about that too, but one thing is if KC is runnign the ball they are also controlling the T.O.P and limiting how much time Peyton and the O is on the field

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I thought about that too, but one thing is if KC is runnign the ball they are also controlling the T.O.P and limiting how much time Peyton and the O is on the field

True, true but you know as well as I do that Peyton doesn't need much time. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
01-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre

SO to recap I've got:

KC over Indy
Dallas over Seattle
NE over NYJ
and
Philly over NYG

TUne in next week for my divisional playoff preview

Colts over the Cheifs 35-31
Cowboys over the Seahawks 28-20