PDA

View Full Version : Aggie article...

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsltr/sports/am/stories/010507amletter.300484a.html

88bobcats
01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
When I was at T.A.M.U. in the late '80s and early '90s, you could count on never reading a positive Texas A&M article in the "Dallas Morning Noise". We all had Houston Chronicle subscriptions for just that reason. I'm pleased to read a fairly objective and constructive article about my beloved Aggies in what I've always thought of as a "rag".:clap:

Let's hope the Ag's. build upon this season and fair better than losing three close games by a total of 6 points next year.

Whoop! '93 & '95!

3afan
01-05-2007, 03:08 PM
DMN Sports Day has a string of "best sports section" awards ... there's none better

g$$
01-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
When I was at T.A.M.U. in the late '80s and early '90s, you could count on never reading a positive Texas A&M article in the "Dallas Morning Noise". We all had Houston Chronicle subscriptions for just that reason. I'm pleased to read a fairly objective and constructive article about my beloved Aggies in what I've always thought of as a "rag".:clap:

Let's hope the Ag's. build upon this season and fair better than losing three close games by a total of 6 points next year.

Whoop! '93 & '95!

He's referring to when Al Carter wrote for the DMN & slammed A&M at every turn. Carter is a Horn by the way. I used to speak with him every Tuesday at Cain Hall for the Media Luncheon. He got paid to stir the pot, really not a bad guy. But lots of Ags hate the guy for all the trouble during the probation years. Texas was handled with kid gloves & they went after A&M (& most of it was justified as A&M got caught). Then Jackie got fired & everything slowed down a little bit. Slocum had no problems except for the Dallas booster Warren Gilbert paying players for summer work not performed & he was a Jackie guy anyway. Gilbert was disassociated from the program.