PDA

View Full Version : Observation

spiveyrat
01-05-2007, 02:11 PM
On my trip to Texas over the Christmas holiday, of course, I have to drive through Oklahoma. There, of course, I noticed many OU fans as evidenced by the stickers on their cars. On many of those, I noticed upside-down UT logos. I have noticed this before, but never has it been as prevalent as I noticed it to be this year. UT isn't the Division 1A team that I root for, so I have no dog in this fight. But I thought it sad that as an expression of one's pride in their school, they have to do it at the expense of another school. C'mon OU fans! You can be proud of your school without degrading another one! :(

Gsquared
01-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
On my trip to Texas over the Christmas holiday, of course, I have to drive through Oklahoma. There, of course, I noticed many OU fans as evidenced by the stickers on their cars. On many of those, I noticed upside-down UT logos. I have noticed this before, but never has it been as prevalent as I noticed it to be this year. UT isn't the Division 1A team that I root for, so I have no dog in this fight. But I thought it sad that as an expression of one's pride in their school, they have to do it at the expense of another school. C'mon OU fans! You can be proud of your school without degrading another one! :(
OU isnt so bad as A&M. Most of that schools "traditions" are based on the hatred of one school. Texas. Funny stuff

Maroon87
01-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
OU isnt so bad as A&M. Most of that schools "traditions" are based on the hatred of one school. Texas. Funny stuff

Word!

88bobcats
01-05-2007, 03:17 PM

That's not necessarily true. Though many of our traditions and yells do have a focus on t.u., I hate Oklahoma, LSU, Arkansas and Texas Tech almost equally.;)

I'm not fond of Ohio State either after that mid-'80s Cotton Bowl; and don't get me started on Notre Dame (despite my being a Roman Catholic). I always root for Boston College against Notre Dame.

Whoop! '93 & '95!

spiveyrat
01-05-2007, 03:39 PM

I don't think I've ever seen an upside down Longhorn on an Aggy's car.

spiveyrat
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
That's not necessarily true. Though many of our traditions and yells do have a focus on t.u., I hate Oklahoma, LSU, Arkansas and Texas Tech almost equally.;)

I'm not fond of Ohio State either after that mid-'80s Cotton Bowl; and don't get me started on Notre Dame (despite my being a Roman Catholic). I always root for Boston College against Notre Dame.

Whoop! '93 & '95!

You sure live close to Louisiana to "hate" LSU. BLASPHEMY!!!

Geaux Tigers!!! :clap:

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't think I've ever seen an upside down Longhorn on an Aggy's car.

Yeah. . .those geniuses have a different symbol. Saw 'em off. Can't say that I've seen too many Aggie fans holding a thumbs up Gig 'Em during football games tho. . .

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 03:43 PM
ALL of it is nonsense!!

Why can't people just enjoy the sport without resorting to juvenile behavior??? :rolleyes:

spiveyrat
01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Yeah. . .those geniuses have a different symbol. Saw 'em off. Can't say that I've seen too many Aggie fans holding a thumbs up Gig 'Em during football games tho. . .

Yeah, I've seen that in a signature on here. ;)

AP Panther Fan
01-05-2007, 03:53 PM

LOL...that cracked me up...an equal opportunity hater. :D

Okay, I'll go back to my corner now...carry on.

Phil C
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM

Whoop! '93 & '95!

88 I admire the Catholic Church.

big daddy russ
01-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ALL of it is nonsense!!

Why can't people just enjoy the sport without resorting to juvenile behavior??? :rolleyes:
Because it's more fun to have someone to hate. How much fun would HS ball be if you guys didn't have Mathis, Taft, Odem, and Ingleside to hate?

A game's always more fun to watch if you're passionate about the team you're watching. It makes it that much more fun if you're passionate about both teams on the field.

Phil C
01-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Because it's more fun to have someone to hate. How much fun would HS ball be if you guys didn't have Mathis, Taft, Odem, and Ingleside to hate?

A game's always more fun to watch if you're passionate about the team you're watching. It makes it that much more fun if you're passionate about both teams on the field.

In Sinton we don't put down other schools. They are considered friendly rivals - not enemies. Beside we don't play Taft or Odem in football anymore since they went to 2A.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Oh yeah!! Damn you Russ!!! ;) :kiss: :D

I'd put Ingleside first though since you guys took our crown!!! :mad: ;)

lepfan
01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
It would be nice if we could all just ost positive comments about our team we support and if anyone had anything negative to say just kept it to themselves. I don't think we need attention drawn to some fans negative behavior....that obviously does not represent the whole fan base.

Basically, if you can't say anything positive/nice then shut the hell up! :)

DISCLAIMER: This is only my opinion and should not be confused with others' opinions.

88bobcats
01-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
It would be nice if we could all just ost positive comments about our team we support and if anyone had anything negative to say just kept it to themselves. I don't think we need attention drawn to some fans negative behavior....that obviously does not represent the whole fan base.

Basically, if you can't say anything positive/nice then shut the hell up! :)

DISCLAIMER: This is only my opinion and should not be confused with others' opinions.

:D :hand: Ha! The 3ADL is rife with non-positive/non-nice banter! Case in point, "...shut the hell up!"

If your edict were observed, the only posters on the 3ADL would be the lady mod's.

3 Cheers for Boise State! Hip, Hip, Hooray! How's that for positive?:devil:

88bobcats
01-05-2007, 07:02 PM
You sure live close to Louisiana to "hate" LSU. BLASPHEMY!!!

Geaux Tigers!!! :clap:

My proximity to Lousiana is one of the very reasons I am anti-LSU. There are very few folks in my area that attended either LSU or UT; but let either one of them win a national championship in football or baseball and all the t-shirt fans come out of the woodwork.

My Ag's. don't always win as much as I'd like, but, win or lose, I wear my colors proudly. After UT lost to Ohio State, you couldn't see any burnt orange for a country mile.....a huge change from last year. Same for LSU.....that co-champs with USC brought the Cajuns out in full force!

If I had to choose, I'd say the Cajun Tiger t-shirt fans in my area are more loyal than the blue-blood Longhorn t-shirt fans.

Whoop! '93 & '95

lepfan
01-06-2007, 12:04 AM
:D :hand: Ha! The 3ADL is rife with non-positive/non-nice banter! Case in point, "...shut the hell up!"

If your edict were observed, the only posters on the 3ADL would be the lady mod's.

3 Cheers for Boise State! Hip, Hip, Hooray! How's that for positive?:devil: :rolleyes: Ok, so here is my not so nice response...two words for you wanna guess what they are? :D

You totally missed it didn't you! You have to look beyond...... But what more could we expect. :) :)

88bobcats
01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Who is "we"? You and the mutt?

lepfan
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
:hand: :D Still haven't figured it out have you? (probably never will...it takes more than you have) :D END

DaHop72
01-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
:hand: :D Still haven't figured it out have you? (probably never will...it takes more than you have) :D END
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

buff4life
01-06-2007, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 88bobcats
[B]That's not necessarily true. Though many of our traditions and yells do have a focus on t.u., I hate Oklahoma, LSU, Arkansas and Texas Tech almost equally.;)

hey that word or letter symbol....T.U symbolize THE only great university in texas....was banned huh? that one thing about college bashing....but who cares....BUT

its true.....the whole i mean whole war hymn is about Texas...and i've been to a few aggie games when they were playin out of state teams...and i still heard derogatory texas names and many fans giving hte horns down sign instead of somethin related to their own school...JEALOUSY!!!