PDA

View Full Version : Man did Vince Young do something to Merrill Hodge??

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Hodge at it agian

Thursday, 01/04/07

Hoge: Young fourth-best rookie
ESPN analyst says Bush a better pick

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Reggie Bush beat out Vince Young for the Heisman Trophy in 2005.

ESPN's Merril Hoge said Bush also should've won the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award, which went to Young on Wednesday. Hoge doesn't get a vote. If he did, he said, he would've put Young fourth.

"Here's what happens: People vote off what they see on TV, seeing a bunch of highlights. They don't see the entire concept,'' said Hoge, one of Young's harshest critics.

"Watching Reggie Bush play three different positions — impacting games as a wide receiver, a running back and on special teams — to me, he had a much better rookie year than Vince Young did.''

From a national panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters, Titans quarterback Young received 23 votes. Saints running back Bush received three, finishing last among those who received votes.

Different ballot

Hoge said Chicago's Devin Hester, who had six returns for touchdowns (but plays defensive back) deserved second and Saints receiver Marques Colston deserved third. Colston actually finished tied for second behind Young, while Hester did not receive a vote.

"Basically (Young) won this off two games — the Buffalo game and the Houston game,'' Hoge said. "I see every snap of every game of every player and Reggie Bush was far superior helping his team.

"That team is now in the playoffs with a first-round bye and they're one of the most consistent teams in the NFC and he is one of their most consistent weapons. A few plays don't make the season.

"You show a few highlights of (Young) and (voters) see that and remember. When he's 8-of-22 at Philadelphia, they don't show that. You don't see his bad games.''

Young was asked whether he had something to say to Hoge.

"I don't know what to say about that guy," Young said Wednesday. "I don't know if I did something to him. I don't know what's going on between me and him, but I hope he gets a better picture of me."

Comparing stats

Bush rushed for 565 yards and six touchdowns, and led the Saints with 742 receiving yards and two touchdowns. He caught more passes than any rookie in NFL history.

Young was 184-of-357 passing for 2,199 yards and 12 touchdowns, with 13 interceptions. He also ran for 552 yards and seven touchdowns.

"He got better throughout the year with the things (the Titans) asked him to do," Hoge said. "But when teams controlled the downs and distances on the Titans and forced him to throw … he just can't do that right now. It doesn't mean he's not going to do it, but that is the learning curve.''

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070104/SPORTS01/701040401/1328/SPORTS

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 09:51 AM
He does make good points...

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
IMO picking Bush as the comparison was wrong. Bush was a real deciding factor in ONE game.

AggieJohn
01-05-2007, 09:56 AM
i agree......i think people saw his two games where he won in a fashion similar to his Texas days and they went nuts....the offensive rookie of the year should be about your body of work over the whole season, which while his was good, i don't think it was impressive for a man at his position

3afan
01-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied

yes he does ...

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kQaJKEac98

Maroon87
01-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

"You show a few highlights of (Young) and (voters) see that and remember. When he's 8-of-22 at Philadelphia, they don't show that. You don't see his bad games.''

Sounds like Hoge should be angry at his ESPN bosses. They're the ones showing all the highlights.:rolleyes:

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Lets just look at #'s....

Vince Young
Passing Stats
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2006 TEN 15 184 357 51.5 2199 6.2 12 53 13 66.7
Career 15 184 357 51.5 2199 6.2 12 53 13 66.7

Rushing Stats
YEAR TEAM G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2006 TEN 15 83 552 6.7 39 7 31 6 2
Career 15 83 552 6.7 39 7 31 6 2

Compare that to let's say Jay Cutler...
Passing Stats
2006 DEN 5 81 137 59.1 1001 7.3 9 71 5 88.5

Matt Lienart...
Passing Stats
2006 ARI 12 214 377 56.8 2547 6.8 11 58 12 74.0

What do you think?

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Was Hodge a QB? Did he play in the NFL? It just seems like he is way over the top with his "anyalsis" of VY. He reminds me of someone, I just can't put my finger on it. :thinking: :devil:

Adidas410s
01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Was Hodge a QB? Did he play in the NFL? It just seems like he is way over the top with his "anyalsis" of VY. He reminds me of someone, I just can't put my finger on it. :thinking: :devil:

He was in the NFL but as a RB. A decent back...but really broke down due to injuries.

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Was a fullback for the Steelers....

Hoge set 44 ISU and Big Sky conference records (22 of them still intact), and still holds two NCAA records. He is a member of the ISU Hall of Fame and his ISU Bengals jersey has been retired. He graduated with a degree in Education and a minor in Health and Fitness.

The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Hoge in the tenth round of 1987 NFL Draft with the 261st pick overall. He became a key member of the offense and led the team in rushing and receiving in four of his seven years. He is one of only two Steelers to rush for more than 100 yards in back-to-back playoff games (the other was Franco Harris). Hoge was named the Steelers' Man of the Year in 1989 & 1990, and was named to the All-Madden team in 1989.

After seven seasons with the Steelers, Hoge signed with the Chicago Bears as a free agent in 1994, but played in just five games with only six carries and 13 receptions. He retired after suffering a series of concussions. He gained 3139 rushing yards and 2133 receiving yards, along with 34 touchdowns, playing fullback for the Steelers two-back offense.

Adidas410s
01-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

The Pittsburgh Steelers selected Hoge in the tenth round of 1987 NFL Draft with the 261st pick overall. He became a key member of the offense and led the team in rushing and receiving in four of his seven years. He is one of only two Steelers to rush for more than 100 yards in back-to-back playoff games (the other was Franco Harris). Hoge was named the Steelers' Man of the Year in 1989 & 1990, and was named to the All-Madden team in 1989.

After seven seasons with the Steelers, Hoge signed with the Chicago Bears as a free agent in 1994, but played in just five games with only six carries and 13 receptions. He retired after suffering a series of concussions. He gained 3139 rushing yards and 2133 receiving yards, along with 34 touchdowns, playing fullback for the Steelers two-back offense.

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 10:28 AM
??? is that a repost?

Bull Butter
01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Merril Hoge played 8 seasons in the NFL as a RB for the Steelers(1987-94) and Bears (1995).

He does bring up some good points about VY. About only seeing the highlights and all. I still think VY deserved the Rookie of the Year award,however. Reggie didn't deserve ROY. If anyone other than VY was going to win it, it should have been Maurice Jones-Drew.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 10:38 AM
??? is that a repost?

Nope, you two were probably posting at the same time. ;) Thanks for the info. While I agree with some of what he is saying, doesn't he realize that that's what ESPN does??? They love to boast about a few players until they screw up!! I agree with Jaws though, it does seem personal with him. Weirdo!

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 10:46 AM
I also think what helps Young is the obvious lack of talent around him compared to other ROY candidates.

Plus the fact he is playing a postion that is the hardest for a rookie to grasp.

stxfootballfan
01-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I also think what helps Young is the obvious lack of talent around him compared to other ROY candidates.

Plus the fact he is playing a postion that is the hardest for a rookie to grasp.

You hit the nail on the head! Matt Lienhart has two very good receivers Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Jay Cutler also has two pro bowl type receivers in Rod Smith and Jevon Walker. Reggie Bush plays on the same offense with Drew Brees, Colston, Joe Horn, and Duece.

STANG RED
01-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
You hit the nail on the head! Matt Lienhart has two very good receivers Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin and Jay Cutler also has two pro bowl type receivers in Rod Smith and Jevon Walker. Reggie Bush plays on the same offense with Drew Brees, Colston, Joe Horn, and Duece.

Very good points. I dont know that the voters really looked that deep, and took all that into account when voting, but they should have. So I have no arguement with VY being the ROY.

Phil C
01-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He was in the NFL but as a RB. A decent back...but really broke down due to injuries.

He wasn't exactly a great player. Jaws was a great QB and played in the Super Bowl. He needs to be quiet and let Jaws have his say.

Phil C
01-05-2007, 12:21 PM
What college did Hodge attend?

halfnhalf
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Everyone is talking about VY and Bush. What about Maurice Jones-Drew, Joseph Addai, and Devin Hester, they are getting absolutely no love. In my mind Hester almost single handedly won a couple of those games for the Bears. And Jones-Drew has been fantastic. A QB with more INTs than TDs and one of the lowest completion percentages in the NFL winning ROY is crap. I realize rookie numbers are not always the best, but like was said before on here, they had to be looking at a few highlights from 2 games, and yes, they were amazing plays. But an award that is a result of an entire season of good play should not be given out on a few exciting plays.

mwynn05
01-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
What college did Hodge attend? Idaho State

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 01:26 PM

:rolleyes:

BTEXDAD
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Everyone is talking about VY and Bush. What about Maurice Jones-Drew, Joseph Addai, and Devin Hester, they are getting absolutely no love. In my mind Hester almost single handedly won a couple of those games for the Bears. And Jones-Drew has been fantastic. A QB with more INTs than TDs and one of the lowest completion percentages in the NFL winning ROY is crap. I realize rookie numbers are not always the best, but like was said before on here, they had to be looking at a few highlights from 2 games, and yes, they were amazing plays. But an award that is a result of an entire season of good play should not be given out on a few exciting plays.

I'm huge VY fan, but feel roy should have been either Drew or Hester.
However, when discussing VY, everyone wants to talk QB rating and stats. Don't forget, Titans were picked to finish last in their division (behind Houston) by most experts. They were 0-3 before VY became starter and 8-5 after.
Only change in lineup for team was VY.
As I said, I would have picked Drew or Hester, but it's certainly not crap that VY won the award.

Bush won the Heisman on about two or three plays that I saw rerun over and over and over and over on ESPN.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf

Seriously. People like you will never get it. Vince single-handedly turned that team around and almost got them into the playoffs. They started out 0-4 before Vince took over the reins.

I mean, let's just compare Vince to the other two rookie QBs. Their PASSING numbers are almost identical when looking at Young/Leinart and Cutler doesn't really count because he got thrown in too late. Remember that we're excluding VInce's 500+ rushing yards and 7 rushing TDs (BOTH better than Reggie Bush who avg. 3.4 yards a carry. Vince? 6.4). Look who Matt tosses the ball to. Some of the highest drafted receivers the past two years. Vince has Roydell Williams, Bobby Wade, and Drew Bennett (a walkon from UCLA that played QB in college). I'm a huge football fan and I hadn't heard of a single one of them except for Bennett. Cutler meanwhile plays on the Broncos and has guys like Jevan Walker and Rod freaking Smith to toss the rock to.

Now. . .just look at the rest of the team. During the preseason a lot of "Experts" were picking the Cardinals to go to the playoffs. They were picking the Titans to finish next to dead last. Why? The Titans are a young football team and they're fairly terrible! Their defense ranked DEAD LAST in the NFL guys! How is a team like that in contention for a playoff spot in the AFC when they play in the same division as the Jags and the Colts? Do you think if Kerry Collins was leading that team that they would've ended up 8-8? Really?

Titans Defense Blows Chunks (http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4)

See, you guys dissing Vince have gotten caught up in the highlights as well. You see Vince run for a 40 yrd TD in OT and assume that the guys voting only see that stuff as well. What you guys don't see is Vince leading his team down the field to get them in field-goal range. Convincing his team to nut up and overcome a 21 point hole in the 4th against the Giants to get a win. And the guy is still a rookie! Why does everyone try and evaluate him like he's a seasoned vet? QB is THE hardest position in football to play and Vince already showed he could take over games and lead his team to victory.

Did Reggie do that? Did Leinart do that? No. They played well but if you made them disappear their teams would have performed exactly the same way.

Sad part is. . .Vince said he could care less about the award. He said he was glad people liked his play or whatever, but that he was devasted by losing that last game against the Patriots. According to him he only graded out at a C+ or B- for the entire year and that it just wasn't good enough for him. So, next year. . .he's gonna have $41 MILLION bucks worth of new teammates and he's going to have the entire offseason to get even better. If you guys think he isn't going to take over the NFL, you're crazy. The guy is the most motivated player in all of sports. He HATES losing and will stop at nothing to dominate the game. Did it in high school, did it in college, and he's gonna do it in the pros.

There were a lot of deserving candidates this year for the ROY award.
This rookie class will probably be considered one of the best ever. However, saying that Vince didn't deserve the award is just plain asinine. And saying that Merril freaking Hoge makes good points?:confused:

Even his coworkers are trying to shut him up. In fact, I haven't seen much of him lately. Maybe they finally did the smart thing and just fired him. The guy is a no-talent classless clown. However, even with all the venom he spat at Vince this season Vince wouldn't say anything bad about him.

Vince Young: (on if he has anything to say to Merrill Hoge)

"I don’t know what to say about that guy, but if I could just sit down and see what’s going on. I don’t know if I did something to him. I don’t know what’s going on between me and him, but hopefully, I hope he gets a better picture of me but at the same time there’s still going to be somebody that dislikes the things that I’m doing. I’m going to continue to make my family and teammates happy. That’s all that matters to me."

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Wade is an athlete......
was theUSA Today Player of the Year, and he helped lead his team to the Class 5A State Championship. In track&field, he won the Class 5A triple jump title as a senior in high school. I believe he played QB in the Pac 10 which is not an easy thing to do..

Roydell Williams had a good career catching ball from J.P. Losman who is now in Buffalo.
Williams owns the Tulane school record as well as the Conference USA career receiving touchdown record of 35.

injuredinmelee
01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Hester should be rookie of the year in something.

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
as one coulmnist put it.......
by Greg Doyel. CBS sportsline columnist

Blame the Titans, but don't blame Young when his career falls far short of his draft placement. Young has worked hard and stayed out of trouble, and will continue to do so. He's a high-character leader but not, sad to say, a high-caliber NFL quarterback.

Don't tell me about the 2006 Rose Bowl. Don't tell me what Young did to Southern California. I watched him roll up 467 yards of offense against the Trojans, but what does that have to do with the NFL? If college football had anything to do with the NFL, 1996 Heisman winner and national champion Danny Wuerffel of Florida would be 30,000 yards into his Hall of Fame career instead of doing ... whatever it is he's doing.

Young did to Southern Cal what he did to everyone in college. He ran past slower defenders, ran over smaller defenders and, when he had to, he threw the ball. But he didn't throw the ball like an NFL quarterback. He threw the ball short -- here or there.

Benefited by his supernatural running ability, Young had an open field and gifted receivers working one-on-one against a defense that couldn't afford to give Young's arm as much attention as it gave his legs. Sometimes his receivers took those short passes and turned them into big gains. That's how he threw for 267 yards while running for 200.

Maroon87
01-05-2007, 02:43 PM

Blame the Titans, but don't blame Young when his career falls far short of his draft placement. Young has worked hard and stayed out of trouble, and will continue to do so. He's a high-character leader but not, sad to say, a high-caliber NFL quarterback.

Don't tell me about the 2006 Rose Bowl. Don't tell me what Young did to Southern California. I watched him roll up 467 yards of offense against the Trojans, but what does that have to do with the NFL? If college football had anything to do with the NFL, 1996 Heisman winner and national champion Danny Wuerffel of Florida would be 30,000 yards into his Hall of Fame career instead of doing ... whatever it is he's doing.

Young did to Southern Cal what he did to everyone in college. He ran past slower defenders, ran over smaller defenders and, when he had to, he threw the ball. But he didn't throw the ball like an NFL quarterback. He threw the ball short -- here or there.

Benefited by his supernatural running ability, Young had an open field and gifted receivers working one-on-one against a defense that couldn't afford to give Young's arm as much attention as it gave his legs. Sometimes his receivers took those short passes and turned them into big gains. That's how he threw for 267 yards while running for 200.

So he says "don't tell me about the Rose Bowl" then he proceeds to talk about nothing but the Rose Bowl? Hmmm...
Some of this guy's assessments make me wonder if he even watched the Rose Bowl...or any Titans games this year, for that matter.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Yeah. Kinda sounds like that crap we heard about how Vince was too dumb to run an NFL offense. Wrong.

Would not be able to run away from NFL defenders (straight from Hoge's mouth). Wrong.

Would not be able to complete any passes because they'd all get knocked down cause of his throwing motion. Wrong.

Seriously, Funk. . .you're just making yourself look foolish. The guy owned folks in college and then his first year in the NFL almost led his terrible team to the playoffs in the AFC, beating several elite AFC teams in the process. He's a beast. Of course. . .not as good as Stephen "Hard Knocks" McGee. . .but then again, who is?;)

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hester should be rookie of the year in something.

Special Teams. The guy is terrible at his regular position which is DB. He got beat over and over and during the Rams game they even showed Tory Holt talking about how easy it was to score on him.

Nice kick returner tho. ROY? Offa what, 6 plays? Not so much.

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 03:48 PM
do you now what your even talking about? How am I making myself look foolish? By posting articles that "I" had nothing to do with just wanted to share? What in the world are you talking about? Maybe you sound foolish by making that statement....

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
And if you really want to break it down here is a little something...

12 fumbles, 13 picks (in only 350 attempts). 51% completion

Vince averaged a pick, fumble and two sacks in every game he started, to go with 40 rushing yards and only 160 passing yards. Add to that that Vince was 30th in Passer Rating in the NFL with 66. Cutler had an 89 for the month he played and Leinart had a 74 for the season with more yards, completions, 20+ yard passes and 40+ passes in less games than VY.

In Colston's 12 games, he had 70 catches for 1000 yards and 8 TDs. 6 catches for 83 yards and 2/3 of a TD per game. Colston also only had 5 drops. 51 of his 70 catches went for a first down. 8 catches were for a TD, so only 11 catches didnt net a first down or a TD. Despite only playing in 12 games, he was top 20 in the NFL in yards, 10th in receiving TDs and 25th in receptions. Payton was so impressed with him that he traded Stallworth for defensive help in the preseason to make room for Colston to start week 1. Pretty big compliment for a 7th round pick - and Payton was right.

Funk-d-fied
01-05-2007, 04:00 PM
here is a little more about it....

Jones-Drew had 2250 total yards with 16 TDs and only 1 fumble. His 16 TDs were third in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

just food for thought..... please-o-please I hope this doesn't offend horn fans......lol

Adidas410s
01-05-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.kk-alpha.com/english/images/english_housing_img1.jpg

bulldogman06
01-05-2007, 05:04 PM
It isnt that I dont think VY played well for a rookie, its just that Maurice Jones Drew had a monstrous year as did Colsten. Bush did well also, but I have Jones-Drew, Colsten, then VY as the best rookies. in that order. IM not mad VY got ROY. What does upset me a little is the earlier post saying that VY singlehandedly brought them back when Pac-Man Jones played excellent ball, and the Titans defense did win them a game all by themselves.

Adidas410s
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
It isnt that I dont think VY played well for a rookie, its just that Maurice Jones Drew had a monstrous year as did Colsten. Bush did well also, but I have Jones-Drew, Colsten, then VY as the best rookies. in that order. IM not mad VY got ROY. What does upset me a little is the earlier post saying that VY singlehandedly brought them back when Pac-Man Jones played excellent ball, and the Titans defense did win them a game all by themselves.

I agree that Drew and Colston had very good years. My vote would've gone to Colston simply for the fact that he was a SEVENTH round draft pick. Four or five more picks and he would've been the last man drafted (aka Mr Irrelevent). Plenty of good rookies in this class and it will definitely be regarded as one of the top classes in NFL history in terms of impact players. Sadly enough, there seems to be a good chance that the class will also be remembered for Mario Williams being a "bust" as the #1 overall pick. Some of the impact players from this years draft:

1st
Reggie Bush
Vince Young
D'Brickshaw Ferguson
AJ Hawk
Michael Huff
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Kamerion Wimbley
Laurence Maroney
Nick Mangold
Joseph Addai

2nd
DeMeco Ryans
Danieal Manning
Marcus McNeill
Devin Hester
Maurice Jones Drew

3rd
Leonard Pope
Jerious Norwood

4th
Brad Smith
Leon Washington
Stephen Gostkowski

5th
Dawan Landry
Mark Anderson

6th
Wali Lundy (just wanted to type that one in :evillol:)
Drew Coleman

7th
Marques Colston

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
And if you really want to break it down here is a little something...

12 fumbles, 13 picks (in only 350 attempts). 51% completion

Vince averaged a pick, fumble and two sacks in every game he started, to go with 40 rushing yards and only 160 passing yards. Add to that that Vince was 30th in Passer Rating in the NFL with 66. Cutler had an 89 for the month he played and Leinart had a 74 for the season with more yards, completions, 20+ yard passes and 40+ passes in less games than VY.

In Colston's 12 games, he had 70 catches for 1000 yards and 8 TDs. 6 catches for 83 yards and 2/3 of a TD per game. Colston also only had 5 drops. 51 of his 70 catches went for a first down. 8 catches were for a TD, so only 11 catches didnt net a first down or a TD. Despite only playing in 12 games, he was top 20 in the NFL in yards, 10th in receiving TDs and 25th in receptions. Payton was so impressed with him that he traded Stallworth for defensive help in the preseason to make room for Colston to start week 1. Pretty big compliment for a 7th round pick - and Payton was right.

So. . .how many picks did Grossman have? How about Brett Favre? Hrm? Please. Share. How many yards and touchdowns did Leinart rush for again? How about Cutler. . .

You can twist the stats any way you please but at the end of the day. . .Vince took a team that was going to be picking 2nd right behind the Oakland Raiders in the '07 draft and had them 1 game from the playoffs. Winner.

It's just ridiculous that every thread having anything to do with Vince or the Horns you come in throwing smack around. I've never seen a more biased poster and that's including the maroonest guy on here, g$$. Obviously you've got a case of the penis envy and it shows terribly.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06

No. . .I believe that Garrad the Jags QB won that game for the Titans. If he doesn't have all those ridiculously bad turnovers the Jags win easily. They drove up and down the field all day on the Titans.

Please, why are people trying to act like the Titans were a good football team? Vince didn't win games single-handedly. He didn't win them by himself in college (contrary to the beliefs of many a Horn hater) and he didn't do it on his own in the NFL. However, he DID make a HUGE difference on that team that WAS terrible. I mean, you can't really put a good shine on the fact that their defense ranked dead last in yards given up, 29th in sacks, next to dead last in points given up, and the list goes on. Pacman was the only real playmaker on that side of the ball and everyone knows it.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

halfnhalf
01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
here is a little more about it....

Jones-Drew had 2250 total yards with 16 TDs and only 1 fumble. His 16 TDs were third in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

just food for thought..... please-o-please I hope this doesn't offend horn fans......lol
There is your ROY right there.

un b weavable
01-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
So. . .how many picks did Grossman have? How about Brett Favre? Hrm? Please. Share. How many yards and touchdowns did Leinart rush for again? How about Cutler. . .

You can twist the stats any way you please but at the end of the day. . .Vince took a team that was going to be picking 2nd right behind the Oakland Raiders in the '07 draft and had them 1 game from the playoffs. Winner.

It's just ridiculous that every thread having anything to do with Vince or the Horns you come in throwing smack around. I've never seen a more biased poster and that's including the maroonest guy on here, g$$. Obviously you've got a case of the penis envy and it shows terribly.

How exactly was he "throwing smack around"? All he did was post stats. And im getting sick of hearing how vince young single handedly turned the titans season around. Its getting really old.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
How exactly was he "throwing smack around"? All he did was post stats. And im getting sick of hearing how vince young single handedly turned the titans season around. Its getting really old.

But I'm guessing if ole' Weak Ankles McKneel was performing well you'd be all ears 24/7. Arguing with Aggies is like repeatedly bashing your head into a brick wall.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
But I'm guessing if ole' Weak Ankles McKneel was performing well you'd be all ears 24/7. Arguing with Aggies is like repeatedly bashing your head into a brick wall.

Just like asking UT / A&M fans to play nice. :rolleyes: