PDA

View Full Version : Boy Hangs Himself Trying To Mimic Saddam's Execution!!

ILS1
01-04-2007, 06:56 PM
HOUSTON - A 10-year-old U.S. boy who hanged himself may have been inspired to do it by television coverage of Saddam Hussein’s execution, police said Thursday.

Relatives told police in Webster, Texas, that Sergio Pelico had seen the video of the former Iraqi leader’s hanging and asked about it before the incident Sunday.

“We’re theorizing he tried to experiment or mimic the behavior and it got out of control,” Webster Police Capt. Thomas Claunch said.

Police said the boy apparently went to his room, attached a piece of clothing to a bunk bed and tied it around his neck. Adults and other children were in the house at the time.

“There was nothing to indicate any criminal wrongdoing,” Claunch said. “It appears to be a tragic accident.”

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472727/)

CHS_CG
01-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I heard this on the news yesterday.. that is such a sad thing. Hope its a lesson to all parents to make sure their kids know whats on tv isnt always right and its not always safe to do.

injuredinmelee
01-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I guess it is good that he did it to himself and not some other neighborhood kid.

theyoefnshow
01-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I actually wrote a blog on this entire stupid ordeal on my myspace.....here's the edited version that eliminates a few of the f bombs I put in there....

"So Saddam got we he deserved by having his execution made public?"

Think so? Then read this and come back.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16472240/

Go ahead.....I'll wait....

Alright. Now before I get started let's get some things straight. I'm 110% behind PRESIDENT BUSH. (I voted b*tches, that's my right), I'm 100% U.S.A. and I'm 100% for our soldiers doin what they do to basically keep this world in order.

Regardless of what you think or want to believe, if we pull out of the Middle East, all hell will break loose because the US forces are the only ones that a) have the balls to keep them in check and b) can actually do it. Read your Bible. There WILL NEVER be peace in the Middle East but we either contain it best we can or let it get out of hand to which we would feel the effects of. While it does suck for these guys to be overseas away from their families, consider this. We've been there for what? 5+ years now? Hey guess what? When these kids get out of high school now and ENLIST...they KNOW where they are headed. They KNOW what might happen to them. It's not like they are getting tossed against their will. THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT. NOT you, NOT me. They got my support no doubt. Anyway.....enough about that rant. The point of this blog is in the title.....

A few years ago, there were several videos made public through Al Jazeera television that depicted various hostages being brutally murdered (usually via decapitation w/ a machete). America was outraged at this but it wasn't as if these videos were being broadcasted HERE. Sure, you could get online, search for them at your own discretion but they weren't on display for us to see. We had to go out of our way to find them. I have to admit, curiosity got the best of me and I did download one of them. It was something that no horror movie or any kind could have had me ready for. To hear the man screaming for his life was terrifying and it made me wonder how any man or woman could actually inflict this kind of suffering on any human being, regardless the reason, in this way. Suffice to say, I deleted the video and never watched it again. It was very bothersome to say the least.

Fast forward a few years to this past week. You'll never hear me say I don't agree with the death penalty. You do the crime, you pay for it. In fact, the speed in which this execution was carried out was what it should take over here in the United States. You realize that Richard Ramirez was convicted back in the mid eighties and to this day STILL sits on death row in San Quentin? This is one of the most notorious, evil, satanic men to have ever lived and with about 14 KNOWN murders to his name...he has educated himself, gotten married and has an entire cell block to himself. Now granted, 14 murders vs. genocide of a country seems a bit unbalanced but the point is.....they don't mess around. But I think we all know that.

Now regarding the video of Saddam's execution, the moment I saw that there was a video, I knew nothing good would come out of it. But then I saw that it was a random unknown site that was hosting it so I figured, "well, at least it isn't on public American display. At least WE aren't being like they were." Again....I downloaded the video. Watched it. And though it wasn't as brutal as the decapitation, it was still extremely bothersome and nothing that I could ever imagine going through. Now do I feel bad for the man? No, not at all. He got his and will continue to do so in his eternity in Hell. My problem though, is 10 minutes later it's on the FRONT PAGE OF CNN.com. Ok....years ago there was such a huge public outcry about what happened to those soldiers and how Al Jazeera broadcasted the videos OVER THERE and yet here we are doing the same thing? Not only did they show the video, but they provide the link, mark it as "video of the day" and naturally, it was the main story on the news and has been for several days. To show still photos of the noose before the execution is one thing but to show everything from start to finish? It's hypocrisy and the very thing we were demanding justice on is now what we are seemingly making a mockery of.

Sure, the video is on the net. Fine. Acknowledge it, say it's "out there" and say there's somebody who's about to get their asses handed to them for filming it. Then move on to the next story. No....not so easy. Let's show the video, glorify it, give a direct link and then act like we give a flying **** and are really concerned about it. And so what happens? Well now we have a stupid 10 year old kid (from Texas no less) who is now kicking it with Saddam in Hell (because as we know, suicide is a one way ticket there....though this was ruled accidental so there may be a technicality there) because of what he saw on tv. Though CNN should take responsibilty for some of this, the parents should also face charges of neglect because they allowed him to see the video and also, because they WERE IN THE ******* HOUSE WHEN IT HAPPENED. But then again....that's just my simple opinion.....

Maybe it's a sensitive matter for me because of everything that is going on right now but death is death. Don't mock it. Yeah the guy was a true scumbag who probably deserved much worse but if they want to show over there....let em have at it. If we want to prove how much better and civilized we are than they are.....we just took a couple of steps back.

And before you call me an a****** for playing this song (all things considered) sorry. Just remember, I AM in fact an a****** and have a sick sense of humor. CHEERS!!!"

(song I have playing is called "Hanging around" by the Counting Crows)

Ok......so....those are my thoughts. :)

charlesrixey
01-06-2007, 11:03 AM
interesting mix of F-bombs and the bible.

can't say i totally disagree with you, but wow

theyoefnshow
01-06-2007, 02:09 PM
lol....thanks.

according to Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants you have to sprinkle those words for flavor lol.

For the record though, I never typed an F Bomb in the same sentence as I did the Bible.

loyalleopard
01-07-2007, 01:11 AM
you have to be a freakin idiot to hang yourself and thinking nothing would happen. What in the world was that kid thinking about, or should I say NOT thinking about.