PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys' fans: what do you think?...

g$$
01-04-2007, 06:33 PM
To all you Dallas fans:

1. What will happen in the playoffs? Remember, Dallas has not won a playoff game since 1996, & limps into them this year.

2. Will Parcells be back next year?

3. Will TO be back?

4. Will Parcells & TO both be back?

5. Will Jerry Jones have another face-lift & make himself HC once & for all?

My opinion: Parcells only returns if TO does NOT. I think he is tired of the circus. Dallas loses in the 2nd round too. Romo's inexperience & poor pass defense end the Boys' season.

Give your thoughts please...

wedo
01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
To all you Dallas fans:

1. What will happen in the playoffs? Remember, Dallas has not won a playoff game since 1996, & limps into them this year.

3. Will TO be back?

My opinion: Parcells only returns if TO does NOT. I think he is tired of the circus. Dallas loses in the 2nd round too. Romo's inexperience & poor pass defense end the Boys' season.

Dallas beats Seattle but probably loses to chicago! T.O. IMO will be back, leads the league in TD's, yeah so what about his drops "15" thats like one a game! Jerry will take that any day with his 14 TD's i think he has!

GOFOR2
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I think niether Parcells or T.O. will be back next year.

piratebg
01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I think Dallas will get by Seattle and give Chicago a run for their money. As far as next year goes, I think Parcells will be back. I'm not quite sure about TO.

injuredinmelee
01-04-2007, 08:06 PM
1 and done.

big daddy russ
01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Tough situation to predict. Two teams who haven't lived up to expectations meeting in the first round. Either one can catch fire, but neither one really scares anyone else.

Personally, I think Dallas loses in round one and that Parcells comes back, but TO doesn't. TO has a ton of TD's, but he's also cost them a game or two with his drops. IMO, not worth the jack they're paying him (speaking purely about on-the-field performance).

tigerpride_08
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

i think at least one of them will be back for next year...

g$$
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think at least one of them will be back for next year...

Wow, now that is going out on a limb!! Which one comes back? I say TO is back & Parcells retires from the Jerry Jones circus.

I just want JJ to name himself HC once & for all...

SintonFan_inAustin
01-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wow, now that is going out on a limb!! Which one comes back? I say TO is back & Parcells retires from the Jerry Jones circus.

I just want JJ to name himself HC once & for all...

If Dallas somehow returns to playing better defense in the playoffs and make it to the NFC title game, Parcell returns for one more year. Terrell Owens returns only if the Cowboys win it all then JJ will pay him to return. Defense wins championships and the Cowboys are far from playing decent on defense.

SintonFan
01-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd love for the Cowboys to beat Seattle but I don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong but they haven't played well for a few weeks now.:(
I don't want to see TO back. After looking back at the season, he is cancerous(or is it cantankerous) and a team detriment. Bill Parcells is looking soft as a coach, too.

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Kinda ironic how a bunch of Cowboys' fans are now not so high on TO as the season winds down. His act wears thin, doesn't it?

Like I have said all along, a little of TO goes a long way. The guy can play but in the end he is nothing more than a team cancer.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2

I think TO returns and Bill is gone.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Kinda ironic how a bunch of Cowboys' fans are now not so high on TO as the season winds down. His act wears thin, doesn't it?

Like I have said all along, a little of TO goes a long way. The guy can play but in the end he is nothing more than a team cancer.

Not me..TO has done nothing to tear the team apart IMO. Yes he has some drops..but he also leads the league in TDs..The problems this season for the Cowboys comes down to the defensive schemes are to basic and there is no creativity. Teams know EXACTLY what the D will do in certain situations.

Until I hear Jones or Parcells say TO has to go I honestly dont believe the whole Parcells has tired of TO and all that. Lawerence Taylor said it best on NFL Network..What TO has done this year pales to the antics and headaches I caused Parcells.

The simple fact the explosion everyone says will happen has not yet..not saying it wont, but as of now all TO has done is complain at times..which Terry Glenn has done as well

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not me..TO has done nothing to tear the team apart IMO. Yes he has some drops..but he also leads the league in TDs..The problems this season for the Cowboys comes down to the defensive schemes are to basic and there is no creativity. Teams know EXACTLY what the D will do in certain situations.

Until I hear Jones or Parcells say TO has to go I honestly dont believe the whole Parcells has tired of TO and all that. Lawerence Taylor said it best on NFL Network..What TO has done this year pales to the antics and headaches I caused Parcells.

The simple fact the explosion everyone says will happen has not yet..not saying it wont, but as of now all TO has done is complain at times..which Terry Glenn has done as well

Comparing LT to TO is apples & oranges. LT was the greatest OLB in the history of the game arguably & revolutionized the position. He had drug problems & all that, but on Sundays he brought it every time. TO is not a drug addict, but he divides teams thru his antics (see San Fran, Philly, now Dallas).

You & I have been down this road before, & we both have our opinions. The TO time bomb is ticking. Wait to see what happens after Dallas exits the playoffs. Watch the fall-out. Watch what Parcells does then. TO simply divides a team from the inside-out. His track record says so too.

Some drops? How about league leading at 15? Does that offset everything else because he leads the league in TD receptions?

I agree Dallas has defensive issues, esp. in pass coverage. Safety Roy Williams is nothing more than a run-stopper who is a liability in pass coverage. They were better in a 4-3 too. But, the underlying problem is #81 & soon you will leave the dark side too.

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

;)

g$$
01-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Maybe a broken record, but the same song is still playing too. And that song is not a pleasant one either!

espn1
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Dallas beats Seattle but probably loses to chicago! T.O. IMO will be back, leads the league in TD's, yeah so what about his drops "15" thats like one a game! Jerry will take that any day with his 14 TD's i think he has! What he said.

LitanyofFury
01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

;)

Actually YOU'RE the one that sounds like a broken record. . .but w/e.:p

pirate4state
01-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Actually YOU'RE the one that sounds like a broken record. . .but w/e.:p

That's because YOU won't listen....keep it up!! :)

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Comparing LT to TO is apples & oranges. LT was the greatest OLB in the history of the game arguably & revolutionized the position. He had drug problems & all that, but on Sundays he brought it every time. TO is not a drug addict, but he divides teams thru his antics (see San Fran, Philly, now Dallas).

You & I have been down this road before, & we both have our opinions. The TO time bomb is ticking. Wait to see what happens after Dallas exits the playoffs. Watch the fall-out. Watch what Parcells does then. TO simply divides a team from the inside-out. His track record says so too.

Some drops? How about league leading at 15? Does that offset everything else because he leads the league in TD receptions?

I agree Dallas has defensive issues, esp. in pass coverage. Safety Roy Williams is nothing more than a run-stopper who is a liability in pass coverage. They were better in a 4-3 too. But, the underlying problem is #81 & soon you will leave the dark side too.

Sorry but to say TO is the underlying problem is complete BS. The offense averaged 27 points a game this year. Yes TO led the league in drops..of course folks like Steve Smith was right behind him and I hear he is pretty good.

The problem plain and simple is defense defense defense, and Romo needing to remember he cant make every play. But mostly it was the defense and lack of ability to adjust.

The national media tried to make it that Terrence Nueman was calling out TO after Philly fiasco when everyone who covers Dallas on local scene said it was obvious he was calling out Bradie James.

TO THIS YEAR has done NOTHING to tear the team apart..I repeat THIS YEAR. I dont doubt he prob will explode at sometime in the future but this year his attitude has been a non-factor...In fact after Romo became starter the TO stories slowed down because Romo was taking all the pub.

It is easy for people who are not a fan of TO to say he has been a problem, but simply he has not.

The drops again look bad but he has dropped 15 passes of 150 thrown his way. It is not like he has dropped 15 of 70.

g$$
01-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry but to say TO is the underlying problem is complete BS. The offense averaged 27 points a game this year. Yes TO led the league in drops..of course folks like Steve Smith was right behind him and I hear he is pretty good.

The problem plain and simple is defense defense defense, and Romo needing to remember he cant make every play. But mostly it was the defense and lack of ability to adjust.

The national media tried to make it that Terrence Nueman was calling out TO after Philly fiasco when everyone who covers Dallas on local scene said it was obvious he was calling out Bradie James.

TO THIS YEAR has done NOTHING to tear the team apart..I repeat THIS YEAR. I dont doubt he prob will explode at sometime in the future but this year his attitude has been a non-factor...In fact after Romo became starter the TO stories slowed down because Romo was taking all the pub.

It is easy for people who are not a fan of TO to say he has been a problem, but simply he has not.

The drops again look bad but he has dropped 15 passes of 150 thrown his way. It is not like he has dropped 15 of 70.

Again, we disagree. Let's see what happens when the season ends. And, if you drop 10% of the passes thrown to you, that is not good (15/150). Football is not baseball where 3/10 is a very good batting average. At least one of those drops cost Dallas a ballgame & home field this weekend too (Washington game). You worship him, while I find him despicable.

So be it...we both are entitled to our opinions.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Again, we disagree. Let's see what happens when the season ends. And, if you drop 10% of the passes thrown to you, that is not good (15/150). Football is not baseball where 3/10 is a very good batting average. At least one of those drops cost Dallas a ballgame & home field this weekend too (Washington game). You worship him, while I find him despicable.

So be it...we both are entitled to our opinions.

We can disagree, but dont say I WORSHIP him. I dont worship ANYONE. I can easily say you worship hating him because any Cowboy problem you try to pin on him

g$$
01-05-2007, 08:05 PM
We can disagree, but dont say I WORSHIP him. I dont worship ANYONE. I can easily say you worship hating him because any Cowboy problem you try to pin on him

Excuse me, you like him a lot & tend to make excuses for him. Sorry for the wrong wording. Let's see what happens to the time bomb in the coming weeks.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Excuse me, you like him a lot & tend to make excuses for him. Sorry for the wrong wording. Let's see what happens to the time bomb in the coming weeks.

Again you say I am making excuses..how? By pointing out he has yet to explode? Prove where he has torn the team apart to this point.

Am I making an excuse saying he had 85 receptions for over 1100 yards and led the league in TDs? Or are you looking for an excuse by saying he dropped 15 passes?

I never have even said I like him. To me he is just a typical cocky WR. Terry Glenn got suspended once for a season for being a problem, as did Keyshawn Johnson. So where is all the media scruitny on them?

I just get tired of everything he does getting blown up into something more than it is. People are looking for anything to say SEE HE IS A PROBLEM.

g$$
01-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Again you say I am making excuses..how? By pointing out he has yet to explode? Prove where he has torn the team apart to this point.

I never have even said I like him. To me he is just a typical cocky WR. Terry Glenn got suspended once for a season for being a problem, as did Keyshawn Johnson. So where is all the media scruitny on them?

I just get tired of everything he does getting blown up into something more than it is. People are looking for anything to say SEE HE IS A PROBLEM.

Look, I respect you (even though you did not need to make a thread about Litany & me). We have been down this road before & we have differing opinions. I could cite examples all day from training camp to present on how he is a distraction. You know the story. But, when you have a history like TO does at previous stops, then you get no rope or margin for error. He has brought ALL of this upon himself. You lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

That is how I feel about TO. When it all goes down, I hope you will come on here & admit your naivety.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Look, I respect you (even though you did not need to make a thread about Litany & me). We have been down this road before & we have differing opinions. I could cite examples all day from training camp to present on how he is a distraction. You know the story. But, when you have a history like TO does at previous stops, then you get no rope or margin for error. He has brought ALL of this upon himself. You lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

That is how I feel about TO. When it all goes down, I hope you will come on here & admit your naivety.

The thread about you and Litnay was not a personal attack..I hope you can even admit when you two get going it becomes a flame war and threats.

How am I being naive? And I personally dont like someone using a snide remark like that. I have NEVER said TO wont blow up. All I have said is he has not done it YET, and on the list of problems for the Cowboys TO and his attitude is WAY WAY down on the list.

And why do I need to admit anything? Like I said I have not said it wont happen, I have said it has not even though many have tried to act like it has

g$$
01-05-2007, 08:29 PM
The thread about you and Litnay was not a personal attack..I hope you can even admit when you two get going it becomes a flame war and threats.

How am I being naive? And I personally dont like someone using a snide remark like that. I have NEVER said TO wont blow up. All I have said is he has not done it YET, and on the list of problems for the Cowboys TO and his attitude is WAY WAY down on the list.

And why do I need to admit anything? Like I said I have not said it wont happen, I have said it has not even though many have tried to act like it has

I have to go, but I was just saying that I think you are a bit naive in realizing how detrimental an attitude like TO's can be to the team concept. I was brought up BIG TEAM, little me. TO never got that memo. He brings it all upon himself & rubs many of us wrong. I was not attacking you. The deal with Litany & me goes way back. He called me a racist under a different handle because I don't worship all things VY or burnt orange. So be it, he will get his in the end.

Good visiting with you, & see what happens down the line with the Boys. I think they win tomorrow & lose in the 2nd round. Parcells leaves & TO comes back, but not both of them. See ya.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I have to go, but I was just saying that I think you are a bit naive in realizing how detrimental an attitude like TO's can be to the team concept. I was brought up BIG TEAM, little me. TO never got that memo. He brings it all upon himself & rubs many of us wrong. I was not attacking you. The deal with Litany & me goes way back. He called me a racist under a different handle because I don't worship all things VY or burnt orange. So be it, he will get his in the end.

Good visiting with you, & see what happens down the line with the Boys. I think they win tomorrow & lose in the 2nd round. Parcells leaves & TO comes back, but not both of them. See ya.

I agree TO is not a big team player..But my point all along is in the NFL today the WR position is probably the BIGGEST me position in sports.

I still dont know about both coming back..I think alot depends on how far they go and how TO performs.

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
of course.

You can get a lot of pretty stats as a WR, and have some big impact in games, and people are more likely to talk about the catch than the pass.

AggieJohn
01-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
To all you Dallas fans:

3. Will TO be back?

Not a cowboys fan, but......
1. Dallas will beat Seattle, but lose next round.
2. Parcells will be back
3. T.O. will be back
4. They will both be back
5. Jones becoming the head coach is so close it's scary.

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 11:07 PM
this is radical, but if Dallas makes it to play Chicago, they will win. Chicago's weakness is Dallas' strength

of course, that requires them to make it there first

Chicago is overrated

don't think Cowboys would win the 'bowl by any means, but think they can beat the bears if given the opportunity