PDA

View Full Version : Big Unit headed back to D'Backs....

Maroon87
01-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Yankees, D-backs agree on Johnson trade

Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) - The Yankees and Arizona reached a tentative agreement Thursday on a trade that would send Randy Johnson to Arizona, a move that allows the Big Unit's agents to get him a contract extension.

The teams informed the commissioner's office of the specifics of the trade, a baseball official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.

tigerpride_08
01-04-2007, 05:14 PM
what are the odds of that...:) ...well he didn't miss much...

g$$
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Good trade for the Yankees. The Big Unit is a shell of his former self. Still ok, but not the dominant LHP he once was. NY came out good in this deal getting a MLB pitcher & prospects.

SWMustang
01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Good trade for the Yankees. The Big Unit is a shell of his former self. Still ok, but not the dominant LHP he once was. NY came out good in this deal getting a MLB pitcher & prospects.

Why does Arizona make this deal? It makes me angry because I want to see the Yanks suffer for outbidding everyone.

g$$
01-07-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Why does Arizona make this deal? It makes me angry because I want to see the Yanks suffer for outbidding everyone.

It has to be sell tix. Johnson is not a #1 anymore, more like a #3 IMO. They gave up way too much for him so he could pitch at home. I think it is 1 MLB pitcher & 2-3 prospects. Way too much IMO.

I agree with you - the Yanks just outbid & overpay for players. Drafting & developing talent is foreign to them, & unfair to everyone else besides Boston. Baseball has become the haves & have nots, unfortunately.

Our Astros need starting pitching ASAP too! I love the signing of Mark Loretta (UT/Inf), but we need starting pitching with or without Clemens. I think Roger is long gone anyway.

AggieJohn
01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
yeah, it's all a ticket sales things...he stilll has much of his life in arizona...