PDA

View Full Version : Most Famous Texas Entertainer? (Sorry, sportsfans)

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Who do you think is the most most famous native, living Texas entertainer?

Willie Nelson?
George Strait?
Or?

Who do you think is the all-time most famous native Texas entertainer?

BobcatBenny
01-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Tommy Lee Jones, Emmit Smith (dancin with the stars LOL) or drum roll . . . . . Tommy Tune.

luvhoops34
01-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Ray Price

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 02:21 PM
NO APOLOGIES NEEDED!!! :mad:

I would have to throw in...George W Bush! ;) Some of things he says are pretty dang funny...and the sketches his "material" has given to SNL has been priceless.

CenTexSports
01-04-2007, 02:23 PM
LARRY HAGMAN

And you can not count GW. I am proud of him and all he has done but he is NOT a Texan. He is a Texas resident, an ex-govenor, a land owner, a great President, but he is NOT a Texan. Now if you wanted to count him as a funny Texas resident, that would be OK.

BTW, I think he is a Conn. or a Maine Yankee by birth.

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 02:30 PM
Dixie Chicks? Love em' or hate em' they became a household name one way or the other.

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Tommy Lee Jones---but only because he was Al Gore's roommate.:D

BobcatBenny
01-04-2007, 02:54 PM
ZZ Top

BobcatBenny
01-04-2007, 03:01 PM
A good one . . . Jamie Foxx

Probably most famous right now.

turbostud
01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Anna Nicole Smith.:D

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather...not exactly entertainers, but famous Texans.

You know, the list really isn't that long.:(

carter08
01-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Bob Wills

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-04-2007, 04:43 PM
LBJ

JHS_c/o_06'
01-04-2007, 05:01 PM
me in about 6 years.

g$$
01-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Too many to name, but can't go wrong with Willie or George.

JJ7997
01-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
LARRY HAGMAN

And you can not count GW. I am proud of him and all he has done but he is NOT a Texan. He is a Texas resident, an ex-govenor, a land owner, a great President, but he is NOT a Texan. Now if you wanted to count him as a funny Texas resident, that would be OK.

BTW, I think he is a Conn. or a Maine Yankee by birth.

Proud of him ? A great president ? What is your malfunction ? Please elaborate what he's done that is so great seeing as how that is definitely an oppinion not shared by the majority of Americans and the rest of the world.

sinton66
01-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Who do you think is the most most famous native, living Texas entertainer?

Willie Nelson?
George Strait?
Or?

Who do you think is the all-time most famous native Texas entertainer?

Ahem, Willie is not a native, but he got here as fast as he could.

g$$
01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Really? I thought Willie was from Abbott, TX (on I-35 near Hillsboro) born & raised? Where is he from then?

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Born and raised in Abbott, TX, 66'.

Emerson1
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Steve Austin

g$$
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM

Thanks, I thought I was right on that one! I played juco baseball at Hill JC & Abbott liked to claim Willie as one of their own.

CenTexSports
01-04-2007, 07:26 PM
GW Bush:

He brings honor and integrity to the office every day.
He brings a God fearing, pro-American, conservative & honest ideal to the job. I am proud to have a man in this office that truly cares about what he is doing not about his place in historyn or getting a Lewinsky whenever possible. I like him because he is a true American, an every man and he gives 110% every day just like those Texas high school football players we salute every week (win or lose).

He was elected twice by the people and will go in history as a man that stood behind his beliefs. Is he perfect? NO. Does he care about America and its people? YES

CelinaCatFan
01-04-2007, 07:33 PM
George Strait...

Followed by SRV (Stevie Ray Vaughan)!

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Audie Murphy - actor and Congressional Medal of Honor recipient

sinton66
01-04-2007, 07:34 PM

You had to check, didn't you?;)

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
You had to check, didn't you?;)

Actually, I did know---one of my customers from Runaway Bay grew up with him in Abbott.

g$$
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
GW Bush:

He brings a God fearing, pro-American, conservative & honest ideal to the job. I am proud to have a man in this office that truly cares about what he is doing not about his place in historyn or getting a Lewinsky whenever possible. I like him because he is a true American, an every man and he gives 110% every day just like those Texas high school football players we salute every week (win or lose).

He was elected twice by the people and will go in history as a man that stood behind his beliefs. Is he perfect? NO. Does he care about America and its people? YES

Well said, & agreed. :clap: :clap:

carter08
01-04-2007, 07:42 PM
GW Bush:

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

JJ7997
01-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Ok, I'm not going to get all political on here, but your ideas could be argued.

CenTexSports
01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Maybe but you could never change my mind because I am right.

carter08
01-04-2007, 07:58 PM
I had a nice political debate at school.

This other person stated that he defined a nation as a group of people united under a government, but he refused to believe the Natives were a nation and said that the land actually belonged to us. He also feels that the United States should shoot all illegal immigrants.

:nerd:

JJ7997
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I had a nice political debate at school.

This other person stated that he defined a nation as a group of people united under a government, but he refused to believe the Natives were a nation and said that the land actually belonged to us. He also feels that the United States should shoot all illegal immigrants.

:nerd:

We need some kind of drastic measures to deal with the invasion of illegals. Mr Bush sure has no plan for that other than an invitation for more by "amnesty ". I am firsthand in this issue as I am in the Guard and on the border right now. I also did fifteen months in Iraq, so I think I have a say in that as well.

g$$
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
We need some kind of drastic measures to deal with the invasion of illegals. Mr Bush sure has no plan for that other than an invitation for more by "amnesty ". I am firsthand in this issue as I am in the Guard and on the border right now. I also did fifteen months in Iraq, so I think I have a say in that as well.

Thank you for your service to our country. Your opinion certainly does matter.

My opinion: we are in the middle of a civil war in the Middle East & one based on religious beliefs. What is our plan & what should we do? It is a tough call right now. To pull out entirely would destroy military morale & what would we have accomplished? Senseless deaths? I don't have all the answers, but I do know what we are doing now is going nowhere fast. I think we should pull out gradually & let them govern themselves (but we know how that will end up). I just don't know.

Good luck Dr. Gates...

RMAC
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure if he's from Texas or not, but none of you can argue Chuck Norris because if you do then you'll more than likely die in your sleep. Remember, there's 2 kinds of people in this world; people who die, and people who are Chuck Norris.

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I'm not sure if he's from Texas or not, but none of you can argue Chuck Norris because if you do then you'll more than likely die in your sleep. Remember, there's 2 kinds of people in this world; people who die, and people who are Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is an Okie, RMAC----but we'll call him "Mr. Texan" if he wants. :D

RMAC
01-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Chuck Norris is an Okie, RMAC----but we'll call him "Mr. Texan" if he wants. :D

I'll call him whatever he wants. I don't want do die before I can buy beer.

JJ7997
01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thank you for your service to our country. Your opinion certainly does matter.

My opinion: we are in the middle of a civil war in the Middle East & one based on religious beliefs. What is our plan & what should we do? It is a tough call right now. To pull out entirely would destroy military morale & what would we have accomplished? Senseless deaths? I don't have all the answers, but I do know what we are doing now is going nowhere fast. I think we should pull out gradually & let them govern themselves (but we know how that will end up). I just don't know.

Good luck Dr. Gates...

You know I would do it again if I had to. Thank you for understanding.

sinton66
01-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Actually, I did know---one of my customers from Runaway Bay grew up with him in Abbott.

I was thinking I read something somewhere that he came to Texas from Montana or someplace like that. I gotta STOP reading stuff.:D

big daddy russ
01-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Most famous is probably George Strait.

And GW Bush is a Texan in my book. When you're raised in Texas from the age of two, it becomes what you identify with. Bush moved to Midland at that age, wound up going to school between Midland and Houston, and ended up at a college prep school in Massachussetts for two years before going to Yale. He currently owns and runs a ranch in Crawford, Texas just outside of Waco, and seems to have that deep Texas pride and fierce individuality that most Texans possess. He's definitely one of the most polarizing presidents in recent times, but whether or not you agree with his policies, he's definitely Texan in my book.

But again, he's not an entertainer. Back to the subject, George Strait, Matthew McConaughey, Farrah Fawcett, and Janis Joplin off the top of my head.

dogdad
01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
maybe Roy Orbison
or Buddy Holly
or Bubbles Cash

Bull's-eye
01-04-2007, 10:33 PM
The "possum"....... George Jones

turbostud
01-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I was thinking I read something somewhere that he came to Texas from Montana or someplace like that. I gotta STOP reading stuff.:D
Maybe you are thinking of Jerry Jeff Walker. He's a yankee that got here as fast as he could.

g$$
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Maybe you are thinking of Jerry Jeff Walker. He's a yankee that got here as fast as he could.

True, Jerry Jeff Walker is from the state of New York. I think he claims to be Texan after all this time!

STANG RED
01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Any body remember Randall "Tex" Cobb? He was a terrible boxer, but one of the toughest men alive.
LOL, he went to college on a football scholarship to ACU for a short time, but got kicked out for shooting flaming arrows at the windows of the next dorm over from his. He was also wearing a full indian headress, and a jock strap, and nothing else.
At the time, he tried to claim they were making too much noise over there, for him to study. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

sinton66
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by turbostud

No, it was Willie. Seems like it was saying he and Waylon came to Texas together. Maybe the writer had ridden in Willie's bus.:D

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 09:32 PM
anybody ever notice that the hottest women that are popular today come from texas?

Jessica Simpson
Eva Longoria (even if she is engaged to a spur)
And i think Jennifer Lopez, too!

Britney Spears is from Louisiana, which was obviously her one pitfall that led to whatever mess she has become!;)

SpreadtheRed
01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
gary busey and zach thomas

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Sam Rayburn

(we'll see if anyone outside of Bonham remembers who he is)

Bandera YaYa
01-05-2007, 11:06 PM
What about Matthew McConaughey?? He has my vote!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

charlesrixey
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
well, i guess if i can post the women, it's only fair you can throw out mcTex

not with a bang, but with a whimper........

1000 POSTS!

Bull's-eye
01-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Don Henley (born in Gilmer, TX) of the Eagles.

pantherpop
01-06-2007, 01:04 AM
devin the dude.......well he's the best , not most famous

charlesrixey
01-06-2007, 11:13 AM
i didn't know Don Henley was from Gilmer