PDA

View Full Version : Boxing announcer Lampley arrested

Maroon87
01-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Associated Press

ENCINITAS, Calif. (AP) - Sports announcer Jim Lampley was arrested Wednesday for investigation of domestic violence.

Lampley, 57, also was booked for investigation of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness, said Capt. Glenn Revell of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. Lampley was released after posting $35,000 bail.
No details were immediately available about the accusations against Lampley. It was not known whether Lampley had retained an attorney.

His broadcasting career began with ABC in the mid-1970s. He later worked for CBS and NBC and more recently as a boxing commentator for HBO.

An after-hours call to an HBO spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

GOFOR2
01-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I wonder if he was doing commentary when he was beating her or if the Fight Doctor Freddie Pacherco was there.

Txbroadcaster
01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
I wonder if he was doing commentary when he was beating her or if the Fight Doctor Freddie Pacherco was there.

Made me laugh out loud on that one

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 11:46 AM
jim rome will not be happy

GOFOR2
01-04-2007, 11:47 AM
According to Compu Box stats, Jim landed far more power punches and was able to keep the Mrs. at bay with the far more superior jab.

Bull Butter
01-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Did Larry Merchant head down to the jail for a post-fight interview?

Maroon87
01-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm wondering how it looked on Harold Lederman's card....;)

CenTexSports
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
I have never liked Lampley's style of broadcasting and it has just got worse as he got older. And Merchant makes me sick. In my opinion, he may be the worst color man in the history of sports. I can not watch anything that he is associated with.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I have never liked Lampley's style of broadcasting and it has just got worse as he got older. And Merchant makes me sick. In my opinion, he may be the worst color man in the history of sports. I can not watch anything that he is associated with.

I like all three of them (Lampley, Merchant, and Foreman). Watching a fight without them just isn't the same. Merchant is fearless during the interviews; he'll ask anything. I'd like to hear more on this story before I draw a conclusion.

GOFOR2
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
dont forget the occasional input from Lennox Lewis and Roy Jones Jr., oh yea and Emmanuel Stewart. ......who i am sure has been training Lampley.