PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Food (Sure ain't sports)

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 10:37 AM
O.k., Pancho and GM may make me turn in my "man card" for this---but I love Chinese food. What are your favorite Chinese foods and places?

I like:

Moua Asia - Decatur. Thai cuisine. Sesame chicken, beef noodles, and pad pak curry.

Szechuan- Ft. Worth.

P. F. Chang's - Ft. Worth

Gsquared
01-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k., Pancho and GM may make me turn in my "man card" for this---but I love Chinese food. What are your favorite Chinese foods and places?

I like:

Moua Asia - Decatur. Thai cuisine. Sesame chicken, beef noodles, and pad pak curry.

Szechuan- Ft. Worth.

I like Billy Bobs Chinese food in Timpson. Real authentic stuff.

Rabbit'93
01-04-2007, 10:40 AM
PF Changs lettuce wraps = GOOD:D

kaorder1999
01-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Chans in Mesquite is GOOD! I actually like Panda Expresses too!

Ranger Mom
We dont have any Chinese places that stay open here long enough for me to develop a favorite place.

Favorite foods though are Beef and brocolli and sweet and sour chicken!

Adidas410s
of course any PF Changs will be good. The ones in Ft Worth, Plano, and Dallas have treated me very well over the years. I also like Pei Wei...condensed menu from Changs, cheaper, and quick.

To be a homer...I've always been partial to the China Star locations throughout West Texas. Some are better than others...the Abilene and Amarillo ones are the best IMO. The buffet is good but it's MUCH better to order the orange beef off the menu (yes buffet restaurants do have menus) and get it with a big bowl of white rice...AMAZING!!!

I wish I could remember the names of some of the REAL Chinese food places that I've eaten at in the various "China Town" locales in Dallas, Austin, and Houston. It's a totally different type of food there when compared to what most people think of as "Chinese food." Suffice to say...you won't be finding beef and broccoli on the menu there as there is no such thing as "beef and broccoli" in the oriental Asia.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
you won't be finding beef and broccoli on the menu there as there is no such thing as "beef and broccoli" in the oriental Asia.

I probably wouldn't like it then. I am a chicken with an aversion to eating something I don't recognize!

kaorder1999
01-04-2007, 10:45 AM
cant go wront with Orange Chicken or Sesame Chicken!

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I probably wouldn't like it then. I am a chicken with an aversion to eating something I don't recognize!

The first time I went...I was slightly shocked to say the least. It's probably 70% fish, chicken and shrimp, 20-25% vegatables (almost exclusively rice), and 5-10% beef.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
The first time I went...I was slightly shocked to say the least. It's probably 70% fish, chicken and shrimp, 20-25% vegatables (almost exclusively rice), and 5-10% beef.

Chicken and Shrimp I could handle. I was imagining things like polywogs, roly-polys, etc.!!:eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Chicken and Shrimp I could handle. I was imagining things like polywogs, roly-polys, etc.!!:eek: :eek:

I didn't say what parts of the chicken. I guess I should've changed that to say "poultry" as there is a lot of duck, pork, etc as well.

Let's just say that my best friend (who was born in Taiwan) LOVES to eat chicken and/or duck claws when we go there. Yes that's right...he's eating a friggin' claw! :eek:

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 11:01 AM

When you eat at certain "budget" Chinese buffets, you may be right, RM. :D Not many stray dogs and cats hanging around those places.

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 11:04 AM
When you eat at certain "budget" Chinese buffets, you may be right, RM. :D Not many stray dogs and cats hanging around those places.

I think I have been turned off of chinese food for good now...thanks guys!!

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I think I have been turned off of chinese food for good now...thanks guys!!

You do realize that eating at any buffet is one of the dirtiest restaurants you can go to, right? Then again...sometimes Golden Corral just tastes SO GOOD!!! :) Man I sure do miss West Texas :(

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
You do realize that eating at any buffet is one of the dirtiest restaurants you can go to, right? Then again...sometimes Golden Corral just tastes SO GOOD!!! :) Man I sure do miss West Texas :(

You got that right, Adidas. Saw a tv special where they used an ultraviolet light on a cruise ship buffet line-----believe me, you don't wanna know. Another show was on motel rooms----same results. We are a very nasty society.

injuredinmelee
01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
To be a homer...I've always been partial to the China Star locations throughout West Texas. Some are better than others...the Abilene and Amarillo ones are the best IMO. The buffet is good but it's MUCH better to order the orange beef off the menu (yes buffet restaurants do have menus) and get it with a big bowl of white rice...AMAZING!!!

oh come on I know why you prefer that place. In all honesty however I have never eaten Chinese Food that wasnt part of a buffet.

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
oh come on I know why you prefer that place. In all honesty however I have never eaten Chinese Food that wasnt part of a buffet.

just cuz it's free doesn't mean that it isn't good!!! :mad:

pancho villa
01-04-2007, 12:03 PM

I like:

Szechuan- Ft. Worth.

I love Chinese food General Tao's chicken and lomein noodles

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I love Chinese food General Tao's chicken and lomein noodles

You too, Pancho? Now I feel better.....how do you feel about quiche, and what's your favorite color for the tablecloths at a wedding shower? :D

pancho villa
01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
You too, Pancho? Now I feel better.....how do you feel about quiche, and what's your favorite color for the tablecloths at a wedding shower? :D

Hey, let's not get crazy. But Remember all big guys love food!

Bullaholic
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Hey, let's not get crazy. But Remember all big guys love food!

Rofl. Sorry Pancho, I just couldn't resist "going on" with you a little-----and I pack more than a couple of pounds myself.

DU_stud04
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
panda express.....best orange chicken ever.

yourboss319
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
ok ok i got to say it.. i freakin love chinese food... i just recently got a fortune cookie right..... can anyone tell me what it means.. like is there a second meaning to it..

"Squeeze an orange and juice will come out.. because that is what is inside"

i just think they arnt trying anymore..:thinking:

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
panda express.....best orange chicken ever.

have you tried the orange chicken from Pei Wei??? It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I must recommend also getting a few things of hot chili paste and spicy mustard...mix those together and dip the chicken in it. GREAT!!!:D

DU_stud04
01-04-2007, 01:03 PM
have you tried the orange chicken from Pei Wei??? It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I must recommend also getting a few things of hot chili paste and spicy mustard...mix those together and dip the chicken in it. GREAT!!!:D ill try it when i get back in arlington, always wanted to try it out.

luvhoops34
01-04-2007, 01:33 PM
For Chinese, I like to eat at Hung Fong's in San Antonio. They don't have a buffet. For buffet Chinese, Panda is good.

DO NOT EAT AT LINN'S IN LAREDO OR THE RGV, IT SUCKS!

LHPfactory
01-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Vietnamese is also good, the egg rolls are better than the Chinese version and the noodle bowls are great. When i lived in houston I was driving on bellare and an elderly chinese lady ran out in to traffic and picked up a fresh road kill cat by the tail and ran back in to her house while chuckeling. Im not joking !

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
this one is easy since my "like" list is very short....

Beef and Broccoli
Pepper Steak
Fried Rice
Fried Egg Rolls

Nothing too teriyaki-ish and absolutely nooooo sweet and sour.
:thinking:

44INAROW
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
PF Changs lettuce wraps = GOOD:D

no doubt, Love the lettuce wraps @ PF Changs:)

Originally posted by Gsquared
I like Billy Bobs Chinese food in Timpson. Real authentic stuff.

Is there really a place called Billy Bob's Chinese?

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Is there really a place called Billy Bob's Chinese?

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :wave:

carter08
01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Cafe China- Clute
Top China- Lake Jackson
China Town- Lake Jackson
Hong Kong- West Columbia

General Tso's Chicken
Sesame Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet and Sout Beef
Wonton Soup
Fried Cheese Wontons
Pork Dumplings
Chinese Style BBQ Ribs
Fried Wonton's
Chicken on a stick

Blastoderm55
01-04-2007, 04:24 PM
We dont have any Chinese places that stay open here long enough for me to develop a favorite place.

Favorite foods though are Beef and brocolli and sweet and sour chicken!

I made a wicked Beef and broccoli stir fry the other night, complete with organic noodles. My fiancee refuses to eat anything with soy sauce, so I enjoyed it all to myself. :D

44INAROW
01-04-2007, 04:32 PM
it's not Chinese food, but I just bought some fresh oysters and shrimp - the shrimp are 10/12s - ..... Guess what I'm having for supper :) :) :)

DU_stud04
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
it's not Chinese food, but I just bought some fresh oysters and shrimp - the shrimp are 10/12s - ..... Guess what I'm having for supper :) :) :) chinese? orange chicken.....:confused: :thumbsup: :evil:

Gobbler Fan
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Seafood over Chinese anyday :cool:

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW - the shrimp are 10/12s - ..... Guess what I'm having for supper :) :) :)

You know the best way to prepare/eat jumbo shrimp? Well let me tell ya....

butterflied, stuffed with crab meat stuffing and then broiled...I will have to e-mail the recipe to you for next time...:)

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I had some General Tso's chicken last night with some chicken fried rice from China Garden, good stuff.

44INAROW
01-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
You know the best way to prepare/eat jumbo shrimp? Well let me tell ya....

butterflied, stuffed with crab meat stuffing and then broiled...I will have to e-mail the recipe to you for next time...:)

you know my email address - I can't wait to try it