PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star recruit, Joe McKnight, to visit the university of texas

jason
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
the US army all american bowl is this weekend in san antonio, and after seeing joe mcknight work out, texas coaches are drooling - they did not initially recruit him because they figured since he is from louisiana, he would go to lsu...but he will visit UT some time next week...

he has (had) his choices narrowed to LSU, USC, Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas...

this kid is the real deal, he averaged a touchdown every 2.5 times he TOUCHED the ball...he will win the heisman trophy at least once in his career...

US Army All American Bowl (http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/)

Joe McKnight Roster Page (http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/2007rosterwest-joemcknight.asp)

Highlight Reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbjkKjDyds)

c-town_balla
01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I was readin some stuff on orangebloods and he sounds like he is really considering texas

jason
01-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I was readin some stuff on orangebloods and he sounds like he is really considering texas i have a better source than orangebloods...and he is...

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
sounds like a good pick-up for texas...:thinking:

Cameron Crazy
01-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Sounds good to me!! He needs to play qb there!

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Sounds good to me!! He needs to play qb there!

i think they'll have enough QB's in the years to come...

c-town_balla
well.................ok I have a better source than orangebloods to but its what ever

jason
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Sounds good to me!! He needs to play qb there! he could play strong guard and still be the best player on the field...

Cameron Crazy
01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by jason
he could play strong guard and still be the best player on the field... lol true!!

JHS_c/o_06'
01-04-2007, 03:52 AM
I thought Texas had used all its Scholarship spots already?

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 04:19 AM
yeah i thought they were maxed out at schollies as it was....is this the guy from J.C.

DU_stud04
01-04-2007, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah i thought they were maxed out at schollies as it was....is this the guy from J.C. yea he is the guy from j.c.

what about curtis brown? is he still going to texas as well? if so this would be a fun competition between the two, ive seen both play this past year and they are both great backs.

Phil C
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jason
i have a better source than orangebloods...and he is...

Magnificient! :clap:

Adidas410s
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM
yeah i thought they were maxed out at schollies as it was....is this the guy from J.C.

after Brantley and a few others backed out...they are now at either 21 or 22 ships so they still have a few to give.

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
i think he's too light to be a heisman winner at RB

DU_stud04
01-04-2007, 12:22 PM
i think he's too light to be a heisman winner at RB he is 200 going into college, he will get bigger.

LitanyofFury
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
yea he is the guy from j.c.

what about curtis brown? is he still going to texas as well? if so this would be a fun competition between the two, ive seen both play this past year and they are both great backs.

Yeah, Curtis Brown has Texas tattooed across his stomach, so I think he's still coming here.;)

As far as Joe McKnight. . .I'm not getting my hopes up. He's got a visit set but he still gets to go visit LSU (just kicked the crap outta ND and is in his home state) and USC (Petey C. and Co. and the whole Hollywood thing). . .both of which are major competition. Plus, Tray Allen was interviewed about it since he was the one originally convincing Mack to give the kid a visit, and he said Joe wasn't overly excited about it or anything, just said he'd like to check Texas out.

Texas already had 1 or 2 schollys open and then Brantley and Pianalto bailed. Kinne took up one of those spots and Christian Scott, Lennon Creer, Will Cole, and now Joe McKnight are the main guys Texas is looking at.

Personally, I'm not worried really about who we pick up here late in the game. It'd be nice to have Joe McKnight and C. Scott on board but whatever. I'm more concerned about who we're getting as our defensive coordinator. Supposedly Jerry Gray's the leading candidate right now....