PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger thump thump...

VWG
01-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Anybody notice Ballinger whoop up on Grape Creek, 73-20 in hoops? Ouch!
Not only is this Abilene area 2A district salty in football, but basketball is dang good also. Tuscola Jim Ned and Ballinger playing pretty good ball on the hardwood.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Not gonna say Ballinger isn't any good cause I really dont know, but I can say Grape Creek isn't known for their athletics. Its about 10 minutes outside of San Angelo and the whole town is about the size of a Super Wal-Mart. I think in 5 or 6 years they may have won a varsity football game.

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Not gonna say Ballinger isn't any good cause I really dont know, but I can say Grape Creek isn't known for their athletics. Its about 10 minutes outside of San Angelo and the whole town is about the size of a Super Wal-Mart. I think in 5 or 6 years they may have won a varsity football game.

Ain't that the truth. Grape Creek has a hard time scraping up enough players to play much less field a real competitive team.
But it was not that long ago when Ballinger was 3a. They ought to be competitive in 2a in bball. I grew up in Bronte and we never
played them because they were too big. Shoot most of the teams around there play 6 man football any more. Like Robert Lee. I used to love to play them. They were the steers and we were the Longhorns. What time is it.... It's milking time.

STANG RED
01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Ballinger has had a lot of great basketball teams down through the years. I remember them being very good at the 3A level, so I'm not surprised that they are real good in 2A. Grape Creek on the other hand is just terrible at everything.

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ballinger has had a lot of great basketball teams down through the years. I remember them being very good at the 3A level, so I'm not surprised that they are real good in 2A. Grape Creek on the other hand is just terrible at everything.

Well not everything. They are good at being not so good......

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well not everything. They are good at being not so good......

Haha I love it. "You suck at life, but its at least you're good at that."