PDA

View Full Version : will southlake start to fall from the top?

neo800
01-03-2007, 03:45 PM
With all the changes to southlake do you think they will fall from the top.Also Southlake is better than North Texas.JK I know southlakes stadium is nicer that that dump of a stadium at north texas.

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
After losing their frontline coaching staff who can say? This is exactly the kind of thing that knocks off a dynasty faster than anything. You have players but not the staff that got them there.
IMHO at the 5a level that should slow you down. If some coach comes in there and tries to change the system then it will really hit the fan. Inquiring minds want to know.......

Adidas410s
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
I doubt that they'll bring in any coach that would change the system. How solid has the Dodge staff been? Have their been assistants under him that have gone elsewhere to become an HC in recent years that could now be brought back in to take over the reigns? :thinking:

KTA
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Have their been assistants under him that have gone elsewhere to become an HC in recent years that could now be brought back in to take over the reigns?

Wichita Falls Old Highs Head Coach (only been there 1 season) used to be the OC at SLC 2 years ago

kaorder1999
01-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Rumor is Coach Dodge wanted to recommend Coach George from Haltom but George told Dodge he would rather go to UNT with him. Word now is that Dodge has recommeded Hal Wasson, HC at Keller Fossil Ridge, former OC under Dodge. Wasson's son was the QB at the time.

Adidas410s
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Rumor is Coach Dodge wanted to recommend Coach George from Haltom but George told Dodge he would rather go to UNT with him. Word now is that Dodge has recommeded Hal Wasson, HC at Keller Fossil Ridge, former OC under Dodge. Wasson's son was the QB at the time.

what happened to Florence? Is he going to hang around in Denton to take the AD or Superintendent job?

kaorder1999
01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I hear Florence wasn't interested. He has really built something in Denton and doesn't want to go to Southlake and follow Dodge. Florence will be the Denton AD VERY soon!

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I doubt that they'll bring in any coach that would change the system. How solid has the Dodge staff been? Have their been assistants under him that have gone elsewhere to become an HC in recent years that could now be brought back in to take over the reigns? :thinking:

I agree. This will be difficult tho. I watched Coach Ford take over
from G. A. and you talk about a mess. GA goes back to Pilot Point
our archrivals and his alma mater and it was a surprise to say the least. And even with the team that GA built it was tough to get everything together that year. That was the year we lost to Daingerfield by a missed extra point. And the staff was virtually the same except GA was gone. In ultra competitive 5a a change was bound to happen and has to cause some transition issues.
Even if they follow the system they will all be new to the boys next year and those relationships are difficult to cultivate.

$cooter!
01-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Wasson is the perfect choice, nothing will change in Southlake right now. I expect another state title in their possession come December 22nd.

Car Ramrod
01-03-2007, 08:22 PM
They return a lot of talent still. Schools like SLC don't rebuild they reload.

mwynn05
01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I hear Florence wasn't interested. He has really built something in Denton and doesn't want to go to Southlake and follow Dodge. Florence will be the Denton AD VERY soon! That's what i have heard he is next in line for athletic director at Denton ISD which will probably eventually have its own district

sectionCwannabe
01-03-2007, 10:00 PM
SLC kids are bred to play football, will be a powerhouse for awhile

Cameron Crazy
01-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Southlake doesnt need a coach!