PDA

View Full Version : What Keeps You from Posting?

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 02:52 PM
O.k., today seems like it is a good day to "float" this thread. What makes you stop posting or makes you reluctant to post the most?

(In no particular order of importance)

A. Boring Threads
B. Lack of subject knowledge
C. Dislike of a particular poster
D. Distasteful Threads
E. Insensitive Threads
F. Fear of retaliation
G. "Locked game" Threads (i.e., feeling only certain posters can play)
H. Non-Sports related Threads
I. Anger or Indignation which could cause you to regret your post
J. Personal or Family matters
K. Business Matters
L. Old "unhealed" wounds
M. Fear of appearing ignorant
N. Anger with Board Management or Policy
O. Burnout
P. Pirated Threads
Q. Availability of Computer Time and/or Internet access/speed
R. "Worn Out" Thread Subjects

Feel free to add your own reasons.....

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 02:59 PM
So far.....I haven't ran across anything that keeps me from posting!!:D :D :D

Adidas410s
01-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

true...true...;)

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 03:01 PM

I knew you and a few others wouldn't be respondents, RM. Looks like nobody else wants to engage in online group board therapy, either. :D

Adidas410s
01-03-2007, 03:02 PM
now that I think about it...some of those options actually ENCOURAGE some people to post more frequently. :thinking:

Phil C
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Bull, but other than those reasons how do you like it?

:)

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey I am new but don't really care. If I feel like posting then I post. Most threads on this board are interesting to some degree or other and ditto for the personalities. ASSUME CRASH POSITIONS.

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Hey I am new but don't really care. If I feel like posting then I post. Most threads on this board are interesting to some degree or other and ditto for the personalities. ASSUME CRASH POSITIONS.

Hey....that may be the first thing you have posted that I agree with 100%!!

GOOD JOB!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
now that I think about it...some of those options actually ENCOURAGE some people to post more frequently. :thinking:

Now, now Adidas---Not everyone is a board kamekasi like you. :D

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
It's funny to go to "who's online" and see who is reading this thread.....,yet they don't answer!!

:p

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Bull, but other than those reasons how do you like it?

:)

Phil----Where is your COMPASSION!? I love it here......:D

Maroon87
01-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Sometimes I just don't feel like posting. I'd rather just lurk...;)

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

Kinda like a peeping tom?

Maroon87
01-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Kinda like a peeping tom?

Yup.:p :devil:

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

The first "truthfull" responder. As they say in therapy (never been, but I have been referred many times :D )---"Thanks for sharing. Are there others who would like to share?"

luvhoops34
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, look at all the choices!!! I'm sooo excited!

Adidas410s
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Now, now Adidas---Not everyone is a board kamekasi like you. :D

I was thinking of some others who will remain nameless! ;)

luvhoops34
01-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Sometimes I just don't feel like replying to anything. I just want to read posts and see what others have to say.

Sometimes the subject matter is BORING.

Sometimes I'm too busy to post.

Sometimes I'm too tired to post.

JHS_c/o_06'
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
the only thing that ever keeps me from posting is usually in an argument or heated debate.....when i have a valid point to make....and i know it will hit home with the team i support (and we all know who that is) but no matter what i say or the solid proof i have, the other team won't hear it because that is just the stubborn group of people they are,have always been and will always be.....and you know who im talking about. So pretty much.....when i think my post will be a complete waste of time.

And on a few occasions, very few, i havent posted because i wasnt sure if my info was correct or not. Some people need to learn that control as well.

44INAROW
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I agree BillyFred

some days I am busy at work and only have enough time to read but not post. Some days I have lots of time and power-post, other days, I might WANNA post a reply to something; but have learned in 48 years that sometimes it's better to just keep quiet :D :D I don't read too many of the college threads - and very seldom read any of the NFL posts, but I would never think of asking someone to not make those posts. I just hope they NEVER remove the EDIT button, I use it ALOT in that 1st 5 minutes after posting..:p

pirate4state
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll have to get back to you!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I get a little disheartened when I see posters (not naming any names) disrespecting the particular part of Texas I grew up in, aka Rio Grande Valley.

I can't help the fact I was born there and grew up there. Would I change it? HELL NO

Growing up in the Port Isabel/South Padre Island area is actually pretty darn cool. It's a beautiful area, the fishing is GREAT, and for the most part, locals are generally very nice and respectful towards others. So I don't understand why people would feel the need to trash and disrespect such a great part of Texas.

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

Growing up in the Port Isabel/South Padre Island area is actually pretty darn cool. It's a beautiful area, the fishing is GREAT, and for the most part, locals are generally very nice and respectful towards others. So I don't understand why people would feel the need to trash and disrespect such a great part of Texas.

Heck TFINT...I'm jealous! I would give anything to live that close to a beach.

My kids are 20, 18 and 17....not a single one of them have ever seen an ocean!

stangGirl2007
01-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas

I went to Port Isabel/South Padre 2 years ago for Spring Break & I just loved it! Port Isabel was a pretty neat place & it all looked very nice. I plan on going back this spring break.. I mean who dosen't love going to the ocean??:inlove: :D

carter08
01-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I always post

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, you all should head on down. Best to wait until AFTER the Spring Break kids are gone, though. Things get CRAZY there. Best times to go are anytime in June, and anytime between July 4th and Labor Day.

If you go in August and it happens to be Week 0, you can go watch the Tarpons play. They play 4A powerhouse Edcouch-Elsa IN Port Isabel.

However, there are other things that some posters here bother me with. There are some VERY closed minded individuals here, and they will usually speak their minds. About 9 times out of 10, someone will take offense to what they say and then an argument ensues.

I just wish some posters would know when to keep things to themselves....much like myself after Port Isabel lost to Orange Grove. I took about a 3 week sabbatical from BOTH the 3ADL and RGVSports.com so I could calm down. Trust me, what took place at the end of that game was 100% BS. I won't talk about it, it's all in the past.

88bobcats
01-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Reason (A).

Many of the threads have nothing to do with sports, much less football in the "football" discussion.

carter08
01-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Reason (A).

Many of the threads have nothing to do with sports, much less football in the "football" discussion.

Then make new threads about sports

Blastoderm55
01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
I read almost every thread, but I only post if I can see myself adding something positive to the topic.

Fotbol
01-03-2007, 04:35 PM
*Banned Member* kept me from posting
ROMED- Kept me from Posting Cunbed10 still lives

bobcat1
01-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Nothing keeps me from posting......... well sometimes friggin work gets in the way. :rolleyes: ;)

MHSvarsity2007
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
mines most likely because the thread is boring or i have no idea whats going on...

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Nothing keeps me from posting......... well sometimes friggin work gets in the way. :rolleyes: ;)

HAHAHAHA!! I thought you were gonna quit posting at the end of football season!!
;) ;)

Told ya...told ya!!!! :p

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I asked the question, but I never gave an answer of my own. My answer is----all of the above, with one big exception---none of these reasons have ever kept me from posting for any period of time, except business matters, recently. My point is, we can all find reasons not to post, and a few such as anger, time, internet access, family matters or illness and the like are valid reasons for not posting. Every poster is like a dog begging for treats when they post---they are looking for and antcipating a response, and they get disapointed or bored when they don't receive one. Secretly, every poster thinks of themselves as the smartest, wittiest, most entertaining and informative poster on the board----that is not a fault---it is human nature. It is important to try to respond positively to any poster's post on any topic if you have something valid to offer. Your post will "trigger" thoughts in other poster's minds which will result in them turning their thoughts into posts----and we are "off" and running in a thread.
Hope I haven't bored anyone by being too verbose.

Ranger Mom
01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Every poster is like a dog begging for treats when they post-

I have never looked at it like that.....I just thought I always had something to say.

I feel kind of stupid now......:( :(

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
mines most likely because the thread is boring or i have no idea whats going on...

same thing for me...

Fal44
01-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I usually dont post when I feel like I dont have anything Valuable to add to the thread..

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
I usually dont post when I feel like I dont have anything Valuable to add to the thread..

I always feel like what I say is valuable to somebody. "ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS TREASURE". Besides, it is fun to key when bored which I am today. Work is nonexistent. I have already finished two special projects today. If I keep this up there
will be nothing left to do this week.

KTA
01-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Not being familar with alot of posters keeps me from posting. Im used to the "pig" and the posters over there, over here there seems to be more "young bucks" who would rather flame each other all day long just to get there post numbers up. Dont get me wrong there were folks like that over the pig, but everybody knew who they were. Over here there are only a few posters im familar with gsquared, luvhoops, adidas, sorry if im leaving anybody out. It would nice to know where superbull, urabudah, nic, dragonbacker, and some of the other guys went.

bobcat1
01-03-2007, 05:12 PM
HAHAHAHA!! I thought you were gonna quit posting at the end of football season!!
;) ;)

Told ya...told ya!!!! :p
I never said that Mommy. You read that into one of my posts. I let you have your head and away you went. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:D ;)

bobcat1
01-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I have never looked at it like that.....I just thought I always had something to say.

And you do! That is always have something to say. Is TigerWR your child? :p

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by KTA_KTA_KTA
Not being familar with alot of posters keeps me from posting. Im used to the "pig" and the posters over there, over here there seems to be more "young bucks" who would rather flame each other all day long just to get there post numbers up. Dont get me wrong there were folks like that over the pig, but everybody knew who they were. Over here there are only a few posters im familar with gsquared, luvhoops, adidas, sorry if im leaving anybody out. It would nice to know where superbull, urabudah, nic, dragonbacker, and some of the other guys went.

KTA3---You have made my day. This is what I love to see---a new poster who probably monitors a lot, but hasn't gotten "in rhythm" yet like a QB running his offense. I hope you will feel more and more comfortable with everyone on here and will take the opportunity to post whenever the mood "strikes" you. I'll be glad to trade posts with you any day and we can both run wild thru all of the "flamers". I'm sure all of the old pig crowd would be welcomed on this board---provided they adhere to the board rules, of course. The 3ADownlow is the most robust, varied, and yet "homey" board of any board that I have ever been on.

BILLYFRED0000
01-03-2007, 05:31 PM
KTA3---You have made my day. This is what I love to see---a new poster who probably monitors a lot, but hasn't gotten "in rhythm" yet like a QB running his offense. I hope you will feel more and more comfortable with everyone on here and will take the opportunity to post whenever the mood "strikes" you. I'll be glad to trade posts with you any day and we can both run wild thru all of the "flamers". I'm sure all of the old pig crowd would be welcomed on this board---provided they adhere to the board rules, of course. The 3ADownlow is the most robust, varied, and yet "homey" board of any board that I have ever been on.

I agree with that bull. I was on the pig some and over at ths football. Also some over a Smoakys. This has been my favorite to date because the folks are all over the place and while there is a little centex homerism it is very lowkey compared to Smoakys where they still think Canton had a good team this year. And while it was ok that was all it was ya no.

LH Panther Mom
01-03-2007, 06:50 PM
[list=1]
I'm shy. :D
Sometimes a good point has the potential to be overrun by 100 different posts about why it's not a good point.
The old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything". (Which is EXACTLY why I've not posted on a separate thread today. :eek: )
Family "stuff"
Work :(
[/list=1]

sinton66
01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Secretly, every poster thinks of themselves as the smartest, wittiest, most entertaining and informative poster on the board----that is not a fault---it is human nature.

Pure folly, we all know who that is.;)

Bullaholic
01-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Pure folly, we all know who that is.;)

Or was? ;) :D .....and still lives in the hearts and minds of many.

sinton66
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Or was? ;) :D .....and still lives in the hearts and minds of many.

No, no, no, he only CLAIMED to be.:D You, me and Slpy are the real ones.;)

Hupernikomen
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Reason (A).

88 state champ in pole vault ??

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
[list=1]
I'm shy. :D

[/list=1]

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Heaven help us if you were outgoing!!

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And you do! That is always have something to say. Is TigerWR your child? :p

Not hardly!! I do, in fact, have a child that used to post on here though...."Ranger Rebel".

AggieJohn
01-04-2007, 10:54 AM
self made rommings

Ranger Mom
01-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
self made rommings

LOL!!:clap:

When I saw that you had responded, I was expecting to see "stupid bets"!

AP Panther Fan
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
1. Family Responsibilities
2. Work Responsibilities

and yes, sometimes when I am in a so-so mood, it is safer to keep my mouth shut or just read (which by the way... some of the humor on here has a way of turning my day around when I am out-of-sorts, so I guess a thank you d'low is in order) :D

KTA
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
appreciate it Bullaholic ;) . Im slowly getting around, just give me some time

SintonFan
01-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
self made rommings
Did you really post under another name?:eek: :mad:

SintonFan
01-05-2007, 12:32 AM
I asked the question, but I never gave an answer of my own. My answer is----all of the above, with one big exception---none of these reasons have ever kept me from posting for any period of time, except business matters, recently. My point is, we can all find reasons not to post, and a few such as anger, time, internet access, family matters or illness and the like are valid reasons for not posting. Every poster is like a dog begging for treats when they post---they are looking for and antcipating a response, and they get disapointed or bored when they don't receive one. Secretly, every poster thinks of themselves as the smartest, wittiest, most entertaining and informative poster on the board----that is not a fault---it is human nature. It is important to try to respond positively to any poster's post on any topic if you have something valid to offer. Your post will "trigger" thoughts in other poster's minds which will result in them turning their thoughts into posts----and we are "off" and running in a thread.
Hope I haven't bored anyone by being too verbose.
I don't see it that way at all. While some might think they are smart, they don't have to think they are the smartest. Take me for example, my thoughts are genius(lol) but when I look at the keyboard and type with two fingers, something gets lost in the translation. I've learned to spell better now and am working on sentence structure because of the downlow.
So we all know we can't be THAT smart when we first were here when being here allows us to improve ourselves with things like spelling and structure. We have learned that being here just might make us smarter than when we first started.
About not posting or what keeps me from posting:
First I'd have to say I post little on the weekends as that is time I spent with my family. Lots of stuff to do then. Secondly, I sometimes just am bored and "check on" and then "check out". Nothing wrong there with what folks have posted but it very much has to do with my mood(moods as you get older have less bearing I've realized) at the time. Being brutally honest here, I seek out the Downlow when I don't want to hear or read about sports. I'll look for non-sports topics to see what others have posted and get their view on what is the news of the day. To me that's fun and rarely disappointing. With all the posts I have I haven't been known to hold my opinion back so almost everyone knows what I might object to.
I'm ultimately responding to what (I actually) believe. Humility has made me realize that I'm not the smartest, wittiest, most entertaining(funniest is in there) or most informative poster here. That came about though life foremost but has been somewhat cemented here. Great topic Bull! But the optimism begs wondering why the topic wasn't initially "What keeps you posting here".:D :)

Old Green
01-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I read almost every thread, but I only post if I can see myself adding something positive to the topic. I agree with you on that.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-05-2007, 06:51 AM
something that keeps me from posting is that i promised one of the mods i wouldnt comment on anything to do with a particular subject. it doesnt mean i dont still feel the same as i did to what brought me to make the promise, but i still dont post on things to do with that specific subject.

Darren
01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
A, C, I, and O.

olddawggreen
01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Actually, the main thing that keeps me from posting is because I am a very sensitive guy and I’m afraid that I might say the wrong thing, which would lead to my being chastised and ridiculed by some of the more aggressive posters on the site. The thought of that just scares the Willie's out of me.:bigcry: :bigcry: :crying: :crying:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5559/wimp2lm3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

pancho villa
01-05-2007, 08:50 AM
The only thing that keeps me from posting is when I am busy making Ms. Pancho cook, clean, wash and iron.

Bullaholic
01-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Actually, the main thing that keeps me from posting is because I am a very sensitive guy and I’m afraid that I might say the wrong thing, which would lead to my being chastised and ridiculed by some of the more aggressive posters on the site. The thought of that just scares the Willie's out of me.:bigcry: :bigcry: :crying: :crying:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5559/wimp2lm3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

;) :clap: :devil: :thumbsup: