PDA

View Full Version : Orangebloods member needed

Dogman_1969
01-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I got an email from Orangebloods stating that the Horns are near getting another 5 star recruit to replace the WR from Arkansas that dropped his commitment to go to UNC.

Who can log onto Orangebloods and post who the kid is?

\m/ Hookem \m/

LitanyofFury
01-03-2007, 01:05 PM
There are several kids Mack is looking at because we had another kid change his mind. A 3-star TE, Pinialto (sp?), decided to go play for Butch Davis at UNC. Sad to see the kid go, but we're absolutely STOCKED at TE. Finley, Ullman, Irby, etc.

So, now we've got two/three schollys open. Lennon Creer is visiting. . .Christian Scott is in the mix. . .Will Cole is now being talked about. . .and now we're supposedly talking to Louisiana prep star Joe McKnight. A couple of our big time recruits chatted it up with him at practice in San Antonio for the Army All-Star game or w/e and they convinced Mack to give this kid an official visit. So he's visiting Mississippi, Arkansas, USC, LSU, and then he's finishing up with us. Right now it's a huge longshot but ya never know.

Seriously I think we get Creer and Scott and then maybe either Cole or this kid. Just because a few OOS'ers bail doesn't mean there isn't other good TX kids that want to take their spot. I don't know if the Horns will hang on to the #1 class (gotta see how USC pans out) but it'll be close.

injuredinmelee
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
There are several kids Mack is looking at because we had another kid change his mind. A 3-star TE, Pinialto (sp?), decided to go play for Butch Davis at UNC. Sad to see the kid go, but we're absolutely STOCKED at TE. Finley, Ullman, Irby, etc.

So, now we've got two/three schollys open. Lennon Creer is visiting. . .Christian Scott is in the mix. . .Will Cole is now being talked about. . .and now we're supposedly talking to Louisiana prep star Joe McKnight. A couple of our big time recruits chatted it up with him at practice in San Antonio for the Army All-Star game or w/e and they convinced Mack to give this kid an official visit. So he's visiting Mississippi, Arkansas, USC, LSU, and then he's finishing up with us. Right now it's a huge longshot but ya never know.

Seriously I think we get Creer and Scott and then maybe either Cole or this kid. Just because a few OOS'ers bail doesn't mean there isn't other good TX kids that want to take their spot. I don't know if the Horns will hang on to the #1 class (gotta see how USC pans out) but it'll be close.

thank you for the info!!!

LitanyofFury
01-03-2007, 01:08 PM
NP.

Dogman_1969
01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
thanks for the info............

Phil C
01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the info. We do great with Texas kids though. I guess it is good to get an few OOS recruits too. Fortunately Coach Brown sticks with Texas kids by a hugh majority.

Gobbler Fan
01-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Joe Mcknight from New Orleans (La.) John Curtis Athlete is who they are talking about . He was persuaded by his High School All American Texas Signees John Chiles , Blaine Irby and Tray Allen to give Texas a chance . They are competing with Arkansas,USC,Mississippi,and LSU.

Car Ramrod
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
They are also trying to get Tolliver to come to Texas but he isn't interested.

Emerson1
01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
How many scholarship spots are open, 1 or 2?

Car Ramrod
01-03-2007, 08:28 PM
They have 22 scholarships so far. I forgot to add that those same UT recruits are trying to talk Tolliver into going to Texas.

LitanyofFury
01-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Car Ramrod
They have 22 scholarships so far. I forgot to add that those same UT recruits are trying to talk Tolliver into going to Texas.

The kid is kinda a fool so I'm glad he isn't.

Said there were too many stars at Texas and he wanted to be the main man somewhere else.:rolleyes:

Car Ramrod
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
The kid is kinda a fool so I'm glad he isn't.

Said there were too many stars at Texas and he wanted to be the main man somewhere else.:rolleyes: The kid has studded out at the AA practice from what I have heard. I think he will most likely end up at Florida just because he likes Urban Meyers scheme and that is where his abilities first got noticed.

$cooter!
01-03-2007, 09:03 PM
he'll be playing behind David Nelson (6'6 210 4.3 4.4) at WR along with the freshman they have now, he better hopes someone decides to go pro after the bowl game early.

LitanyofFury
01-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Car Ramrod
The kid has studded out at the AA practice from what I have heard. I think he will most likely end up at Florida just because he likes Urban Meyers scheme and that is where his abilities first got noticed.

Funny, considering I just read an interview by Horn commit Curtis Brown who said TT only caught 1 ball on him all day which was underthrown by the QB. And since it's rumored the LSU OC might be going to Bama with Saban. . .TT might end up wearing crimson.

jason
01-03-2007, 09:57 PM
i didnt see this thread before i posted a thread dedicated solely to mcknight going to texas...

my thread about the best player in the country (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58007)

Cameron Crazy
01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Mack is allways got good recruits!