PDA

View Full Version : Picks on next Friday's 21-3A vs 22-3A games

Old Cardinal
08-28-2003, 02:36 PM
On the second week of games, we have a lot of 22-3A & 21-3A games: I see them: Hamshire-Fannett over Barbers Hill, again this year, in a close one; Hardin-Jefferson in a very big win over Coldsprings; Orangefield in a fairly close win over Huffman-Hargrave; Bridge City in a win over Liberty; Hardin in a close game over Splendora; and Anahuac in a win over Tarkington....There, that ought to get this board to light-up, with SE Texans!

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

trojandad
08-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Easier put, 21 3-A over 22 3-A in every possible way. I bet nobody saw that one coming, huh?

Ok, two questions: 1) how many points is "Big" for HJ over Coldspring and 2) Could you go ahead and give the excuses now that you're going to give then when Hardin Jefferson and Hamshire Fannett crawl home with losses? Just thought you could practice early on your excuse process. Anything for a friend.

eagle08
08-28-2003, 03:49 PM
OldCard, at times I respected your opinion, but now I know you are full of it.

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: eagle08 ]</small>

BIGRED001
08-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Old Cardinal:
On the second week of games, we have a lot of 22-3A & 21-3A games: I see them: Hamshire-Fannett over Barbers Hill, again this year, in a close one; Hardin-Jefferson in a very big win over Coldsprings; Orangefield in a fairly close win over Huffman-Hargrave; Bridge City in a win over Liberty; Hardin in a close game over Splendora; and Anahuac in a win over Tarkington....There, that ought to get this board to light-up, with SE Texans!Barbers Hill big over HF
Coldspring over HJ
Orangefield over HH
BC over LCM
Anahuac over Tarkington

RBARKER
08-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Two word Old Card. "YOU WISH" :p I'll wait till next week to give my input. One week at a time!

Old Cardinal
08-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey, This is all in fun-I am just curious as to how close that I come on these picks.....I picked BC to lose the first three preseason games, in the middle of the summer; but after they gained 16 yards per carry against Cleveland and 5 yards per carry against Silsbee, I re-evaluated, I think they can possibly beat Liberty...I picked Hardin-Jefferson on the basis of their good scrimmages and also because they basically, returned the team. On BH and H-F, I picked an upset because H-F is big and quite seasoned from last year. As you know, they play ball-control, an I saw them beat BH and play BC a good game, last season. Likewise, I saw BH play twice, and know their returnees, I am just picking an upset in a toss-up type ballgame. We will see what happens...

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Eagles52
08-28-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure how good HF is for the senior class but I know the junior class has never gotten within 40 points of the junior class at BH from 7th on so unless the seniors there are incredibly dominant with lots of help from the soph. and possibly freshman class I cant envision an upset by HF @ Barbers Hill...but thats why you strap on the pads

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 07:33 AM
Last night, I was in the Kingwood area of HWY 59-Boy that Huffman-Hargrave area is really growing by leaps and bounds---It's possible that they will soon be the biggest Enrollment school in 22-3A.....Sometimes, things can change radically; I agree H-F can be erratic but there is a good group in that Senior class and a few skilled athletes in the other classes. It's there 3- yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust(or mud); that sometimes works for them(and sometimes works against them). It's easy to pick the obvious-to-all- winners, but much harder to pick the upsets-based many times on very intangible factors..

Matthew328
08-29-2003, 07:35 AM
I was about to say...let's get through week 0 before we get into week 1...LOL

Matthew328
08-29-2003, 07:35 AM
I was about to say...let's get through week 0 before we get into week 1...LOL

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 08:58 AM
When you have seen them play 9th grade, JV, or even last year; know their Coaching techniques, attitudes, etc: You don't have to rely, as heavily on last weeks stats, to try to pick the wins & the upsets, LOL

trojandad
08-29-2003, 09:02 AM
Yea yea.....and I still didn't get an answer to two simple questions. Amazing.

RBARKER
08-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Old Card, I fully understand where you are coming from. If I were to pick an upset it would be the HF Vs. BH game. In the past 5 years BH owns the seris 4 to 1 but in all of those games the average point spread is 6.8 points eek! the following is the last 5 years between BH and HF.

2002 HF won 6-13
2001 BH Won 18-15
2000 BH Won 13-0
1999 BH Won 14-6
1998 BH Won 24-21

So as you can see HF always plays BH well and has for as long as I can remember. Its funny how Coach Tarver never could get a break then he leaves and HF wins. Coach Tarver did get redemption with his new team however :confused:

trojandad
08-29-2003, 12:27 PM
But RBarker, if he were truly using that reasoning, he would see these scores between Coldspring and Trinity:

2002 CS won 34-0
2001 CS Won 43-0
2000 CS Won 20-13
1999 CS Won 34-20
1998 CS Won 66-18
1997 CS Won 69-7

I think he explained it well, he woke up from a nap and needed an argument to meet his quota for that day. &lt;bad trojandad&gt;

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
TrojanDad, I choose to ignore you, I think it is better for you that way...We were however talking about CS vs H-J.....What's the big deal about Trinity, they are weak, 3A program(ranked # 158), struggling to survive?

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 12:48 PM
To RBarker, You were right on the money! Based on the good games in the past, it was a logic choice to pick as an upset. I would say there is a 4 out of 10 chance that it will materialize...Anyway, it has always been a good game when I was able to attend...

trojandad
08-29-2003, 12:54 PM
If I were ONLY so lucky, OC. LOL

I guess we both make mistakes. I forgot our subject. My bad.

By the same token, Trinity is a member (though I agree, a weak one) of 19 3-A, not 2A.

Thanks for the sympathy.

JasperDog94
08-29-2003, 01:05 PM
What would football be if there weren't some upsets along the way? I've been on both sides of an upset. Being a part of those games was very memorable. It takes some guts to pick an upset on this board cause someone will inevitably get upset...especially if it's against their home team. :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming OC. :D

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

trojandad
08-29-2003, 01:06 PM
LOL @ editing.......

Old Cardinal
08-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes T-Dad, I went over to Data Poll to get the ratings of Trinity and when I went to enter it, I realized that I had entered 2A instead of 3A-you were probably the only one to see it in that timeframe- LOL.

lbc05
08-30-2003, 03:33 PM
liberty is fired up for th BC game I just dont picture a BC win.. but then again why would i see that, i am from liberty .. my opinion is that libertys defense is just to dominant for BC offenese .. yall are very young and inexperienced .... it will be a very good game though BC always plays hard... looking forward to the game..

crunkandfocused
08-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Don't have much to say, just that I think Liberty is going to beat BC by 9. Should be a very good game. Can't wait to see it.

Old Cardinal
08-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Bridge City has not had enough time to get all these very young youth to have any cohesiveness at all. When you have only one returning offensive starter and two defensive starters; it will take time. Thursday night game experience, just does not cut it against good teams....If you guys(Liberty), beat Silsbee with ease, you are the real deal, and might possibly meet Bellville or Newton for the Region III Div. II title. Oh well, our team is re-building, and will give it their all anyway...We just hope a miracle happens,in that, we are somewhat ready by District play, because we are not ready to excel in any way right now.

panther_pride_04
08-30-2003, 05:35 PM
whats really up LBC and Crunkandfocus? Bridge City over Liberty? this year? Never....it wont happen.That win last night over silsbee was a big "tempo setter".Liberty over Bridge by 14....nough said..Bocomotive+wristband= a shut out~!

xhardinhornet
08-30-2003, 06:05 PM
All I know is Hardin beat the living crap out of Tarkington last night, with the starting RB for Hardin rushing over 160 yrds in the 1st half, and took off his pads and did not even play the 2nd half due to the pounding Tarkington received. Trinity is coming to Hardin next and all I can say is get ready to be STUNG son.

Hardin over Trinity by 30 or more!

panther_pride_04
08-30-2003, 06:43 PM
thats good tht yall beat tarkingon...who doesnt? Why dont Hardin come to liberty? ha!..Yea,i heard derrick ran really well for the hornets last night...good luck to yall ...

lbc05
08-31-2003, 08:01 PM
yeah i gotta see a liberty win too... boble head bo night at libertys home opener was a big hit.. hopefuly all the little bos will be in the stands wrist band and all..

xhardinhornet
08-31-2003, 08:07 PM
Hardin does not have to go to Liberty. If both teams play like they can, they will eventually meet up in the playoffs am I right? I hope Liberty wins that District so Hardin can meet up with 'em in the playoffs, unlike years ago, Liberty doesn't have Tony Bua, Anthony Chambers, Reggie White, and all those boys I played with growing up, YET Hardin does still have the Reescano family playing football, so maybe you shouldn't be so confident that the LAT would win....because I don't really see it happenin'

good luck to liberty tho, gotta support my boy Havard....

lbc05
09-01-2003, 12:42 AM
say dude you dont know bout LAT... you should be worried if hardin faced liberty in the playoffs.. hardin couldnt stay on the field with bellville, rice consoladated, navasota, or sealy.. let alone liberty.... why dont yall get some real preseason games... tarkington and trinity.. like i said before make it to the playoffs for about a decade and then get on this board and talk until then i think you should show some respect to the teams that have been in the big games and played under the pressure that the formentioned teams have.... and i know all your gonna tell me is stuff about your old team and how great yall were but thats over be real.. get a 4a team to play in pre-district so we can see how much talent you really have.. of course we dont have reggie white or anthony chambers but we have teamwork something that alot of people dont have.. maybe you should think about that and tell ur team about that... but i have waisted enough words on you .. i think i have said enough

the tigers are back
09-01-2003, 09:32 AM
I've got to go with liberty over bridge city by at least a td or more. Let's go liberty you'll can do it without a shadow of doubt :D .

BH_146
09-05-2003, 10:46 PM
Dist. 21 vs 22 - Well the only thing we know for certain is nothing.