PDA

View Full Version : Wylie info

rholl
11-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Some of you west tex folks give up the info on Wylie...do they keep it on the ground or throw it 30 times a game??? Strong defense??? What gives with them.

vet93
11-19-2003, 10:38 PM
I'll give you what I know which isn't much!!! Wylie is a fairly solid football team. They don't appear to be as talented as the team that beat you guys on the way to the championship game a few years back but they play well as a team. They are pretty fast for west texas standards but not that fast compared to some of the east texas schools. They run a fairly balanced offense. They have a few kids who are pretty tough runners and a sophomore quarterback named Case Keenum who is pretty good. He can run a little with the ball and throw pretty good. They like to throw alot of underneath stuff after running the safeties off with long routes. They like draw plays and will give you misdirection if you over pursue. They are decent sized on the lines but not huge. Their defense moves to the ball really well and they play good fundamental ball. Not overly physical but can get the job done. They have a very good kicker. I would characterize them as unspectacular but very solid. A team that is not making many mistakes right now. My feeling is that it will be closer than last year. Wylie can plays decent ball. Everman should have the more athletic team on the field but mistakes could get them in trouble with a team like Wylie who likes to play ball control and good defense.

VWG
11-19-2003, 11:03 PM
I think Sandifer (Wylie HC) is a great coach. He usually puts together a solid gameplan. They can pick you apart through the air when they get going. Six to seven yard outs, little dump across the middle. If the QB has time he can hit his guys, but if he feels pressure then he will move.
If Everman can run the ball, I would pound it up the middle. I don't see Wylie that strong on defense, although they do swarm to the ball.
Everman will have to run the ball, and I think they should be able to.
My prediction - Everman 35 Wylie 17

heck
11-20-2003, 09:14 AM
We played Wylie this year and my impression was they were not very athletic. Since that time, both Sweetwater and Wylie have improved a lot. However, I will agree with Vet they don't make many mistakes which makes up for some their lack of athleticism. Great coaching and smart kids will make up for some points but I am not sure it will be enough...but here's hoping Wylie wins this one!

<small>[ November 20, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: heck ]</small>