PDA

View Full Version : Wharton Sweep...

tigerpride_08
01-02-2007, 10:47 PM
of West Columbia Boy's Basketball...JV ended on a great shot and Varsity ended after double OT...Great game and met Neck_06 and right now we sit 2-0 in district...

softball_mom
01-02-2007, 10:50 PM
so.....I guess you met my daughter also?

tigerpride_08
01-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by softball_mom
so.....I guess you met my daughter also?

naw...i waited till after the game and just went behind him and introduced myself..then i left them alone...didnt wanna bother them...:D

awizzy
01-02-2007, 11:05 PM
double overtime wow...wish the girls game would have been a little better columbia won 64-37 and are now 20-0 and 5-0 in district good job necks...i think wharton will play better next time they have some good players on that team

neck_06
01-02-2007, 11:44 PM
i'm going to say it now.....District 24-3A is WEAK when it comes to basketball. wharton beat West Columbia in one of the worst double overtime games i have ever seen.

and yeah, i met tigerpride_08 tonight. the district race is wide open!

carter08
01-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
double overtime wow...wish the girls game would have been a little better columbia won 64-37 and are now 20-0 and 5-0 in district good job necks...i think wharton will play better next time they have some good players on that team

Girls team is good
I almost went to that game last night

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 05:07 PM
i agree with neck and think that the district is up for grabs...Stafford is supposely suppose to take the district but i haven't heard any about them yet...

awizzy
01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i agree with neck and think that the district is up for grabs...Stafford is supposely suppose to take the district but i haven't heard any about them yet...
i just dont see stafford being that good this year they lost alot of players and a coach from a state team idk but i am sure they will be right there in this district

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
i just dont see stafford being that good this year they lost alot of players and a coach from a state team idk but i am sure they will be right there in this district

yea...but we got a big one this friday...Needville in Wharton...gotta get all my good heckles down..:D

neck_06
01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Needville always has a well coached team who plays good defense and travels well. i'm taking Needville by 10 over a Wharton team who is full of athletes, but lacks basketball players.

tigerpride_08
01-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Needville always has a well coached team who plays good defense and travels well. i'm taking Needville by 10 over a Wharton team who is full of athletes, but lacks basketball players.

we can't help it our athletes do basketball...but we get by pretty good...our point guards are pretty good and so are our posts...alittle polishing up and our guys could go far...

maestro
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
west columbia fans....

your boys ' teams, all three of them, are coached by very professional men....classy bunch of coaches....

tough games tuesday night and all three men were most gracious and professional. The columbia community can take great pride in that.

also, the team reflected their coaches' class.

neck_06
01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
we can't help it our athletes do basketball...but we get by pretty good...our point guards are pretty good and so are our posts...alittle polishing up and our guys could go far...

yeah, your point GAURD (i only saw one) is pretty good, he just gets ahead of himself at times....if he would slow down just a tad he would be more effective.

the posts are decent.....jamail is a great athlete and the big guy bangs around pretty good as well.

gaurd play........not so great. wharton is alot like columbia, they can't consistently knock down the 3-ball....neither team has that one guy who can just change a game from behind the arc at any given time.

i've said it before and i'll say it again......District 24-3A is WEAK and WIDE OPEN. it should be a fun one.......i just wish i could see more games.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah, your point GAURD (i only saw one) is pretty good, he just gets ahead of himself at times....if he would slow down just a tad he would be more effective.

the posts are decent.....jamail is a great athlete and the big guy bangs around pretty good as well.

gaurd play........not so great. wharton is alot like columbia, they can't consistently knock down the 3-ball....neither team has that one guy who can just change a game from behind the arc at any given time.

i've said it before and i'll say it again......District 24-3A is WEAK and WIDE OPEN. it should be a fun one.......i just wish i could see more games.

I bet Dub-C is hurting without Sugar Shane Minks running the show, clowning people, knocking down threes, throwing down dunks, and snatching up the boards. I heard that kid was an animal on the basketball court, and Coach Gillespie tried to get him to play basketball for the Aggies.

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I bet Dub-C is hurting without Sugar Shane Minks running the show, clowning people, knocking down threes, throwing down dunks, and snatching up the boards. I heard that kid was an animal on the basketball court, and Coach Gillespie tried to get him to play basketball for the Aggies.

nope, i heard that he didn't even run the show when he was there.......he was too white and too slow to play at the college level........but thats just what i heard from some key people.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
nope, i heard that he didn't even run the show when he was there.......he was too white and too slow to play at the college level........but thats just what i heard from some key people.

He is rather pasty.

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:14 AM
He is rather pasty.

lmao! i think he and his teammate Jess Krumwiede were the first pasty white kids to win the 24-3A MVP award in basketball in a long time. ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
lmao! i think he and his teammate Jess Krumwiede were the first pasty white kids to win the 24-3A MVP award in basketball in a long time. ;)

Hahaha, that is something to be proud of. White players being named basketball MVPs are like dinosaurs today.

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Hahaha, that is something to be proud of. White players being named basketball MVPs are like dinosaurs today.

lol, i've heard that a few times......just not in those words. :nerd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 12:27 AM
lol, i've heard that a few times......just not in those words. :nerd:

That's because I'm a genius.

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
That's because I'm a genius. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 12:30 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't you roll your eyes at me young man.

neck_06
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Don't you roll your eyes at me young man.

ha!

awizzy
01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
well i was the real mvp of that district every time out i stood up and oh yea in practices when we were workin on the triangle and two i was always one of the "shooters" and i wrecked at that lol u know its true to neck06

18handicap
01-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Neck are you saying that "White Men Can't Jump???"

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap

You're coaching at Consol now, right?

neck_06
01-04-2007, 11:16 PM

i didn't say that........i just said that district MVPs in basketball aren't usually white.

i like to believe that i can jump a little bit. :D

neck_06
01-04-2007, 11:18 PM
well i was the real mvp of that district every time out i stood up and oh yea in practices when we were workin on the triangle and two i was always one of the "shooters" and i wrecked at that lol u know its true to neck06

yup, i know it......i was surprised when you weren't named MVP, but its all in the past now...;)

18handicap
01-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Yep, I'm at Consol.

Don't let Neck fool you -- he could jump when he was in high school. I heard he attempted a dunk one time!!!! Hopefully the only work he'll have to do at TAMU is run from the dugout to the mound and back when he strikes out the side every inning!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Yep, I'm at Consol.

Don't let Neck fool you -- he could jump when he was in high school. I heard he attempted a dunk one time!!!! Hopefully the only work he'll have to do at TAMU is run from the dugout to the mound and back when he strikes out the side every inning!!!

How are ya'll looking for softball this year?

And neck_06 tried to dunk at the Rec the other night, and let's just say you could barely slide a piece of paper underneath him when he jumped. It was sad..

Johnny Utah
01-05-2007, 12:19 PM
All I can say is good luck in Region 3. It is a basketball power!!!

neck_06
01-06-2007, 12:42 PM
And neck_06 tried to dunk at the Rec the other night, and let's just say you could barely slide a piece of paper underneath him when he jumped. It was sad..

hey hey hey!!! it was atleast 2 pieces

tigerpride_08
01-06-2007, 12:46 PM
yes we need to work on hitting the 3's...point guard is only a junior...play some on Varsity as a fish and play last all last year with them...we have a young team behind our starters...but whatever we're doing, we're doing it right...:)

Cameron Crazy
01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
We havent even started districe yet!

tigerpride_08
01-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
We havent even started districe yet!

well we have a 8-team district...