PDA

View Full Version : FOX is hard to watch

football4life
01-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't hardly stand to watch sporting events on fox. their audio is terrible, and i cannot hear a word the announcers are saying. if i turn it up to hear the announcers, i get blasted during a big play. it's the same way with any other sport they do, especially baseball. anyone else notice this??

Fal44
01-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by football4life
I can't hardly stand to watch sporting events on fox. their audio is terrible, and i cannot hear a word the announcers are saying. if i turn it up to hear the announcers, i get blasted during a big play. it's the same way with any other sport they do, especially baseball. anyone else notice this??

Yeah I know exactly what you mean... I also have promblems with monday night football sometimes the announcers get really really low and you can barely hear them if that...

JakefootballGOD
01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
agreed

Bull Butter
01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I will admit, when it comes to NCAA football, Fox can't hold a candle to ABC

football4life
01-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I will admit, when it comes to NCAA football, Fox can't hold a candle to ABC

not even close. who were those announcers they had tonight?? i would imagine they could bring in a good name to do the game.

ILS1
01-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Well,Fox sounds GREAT in 5.1 Surround Sound!!! I think Fox and CBS have the best audio in Sports!!!!

:D

spiveyrat
01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I had a TV that was the same way. The crowd noise would overshadow the announcers. On that particular TV, it had a couple of Sound options that you could turn on and off: Turbo sound and Simulated surround sound. When I would turn those off during a game, I could hear the announcers again. Maybe your tv has some options you can toggle on/off?

Phil C
01-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Wait till you watch them cover a game with bad weather conditions. You may miss half the game.

CalallenWildcat
01-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't have a problem with the crowd noise being loud, but I don't like it being so loud that you can't hear the announcers. Then again, with the announcers FOX has, I don't think I want to hear them anyway.

Blastoderm55
01-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I think both Fox and ABC (affiliates perhaps) have a lousy broadcast when viewed through DirecTV. ABC is guilty of having a ridiculous "ghost" on most images, most notably a white line from the top of the screen to the bottom along the left side of the screen, while FOX has a set of horizontal scrolling lines that never stops throughout any broadcast. Switching inputs has done nothing to alleviate the problem, which is shared by every tv in the house that is hooked up to a set-top box.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I think both Fox and ABC (affiliates perhaps) have a lousy broadcast when viewed through DirecTV. ABC is guilty of having a ridiculous "ghost" on most images, most notably a white line from the top of the screen to the bottom along the left side of the screen, while FOX has a set of horizontal scrolling lines that never stops throughout any broadcast. Switching inputs has done nothing to alleviate the problem, which is shared by every tv in the house that is hooked up to a set-top box.

It may just be your receiver, because we have had DirecTV for around 7 or 8 years now and have never had that problem.

Blastoderm55
01-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It may just be your receiver, because we have had DirecTV for around 7 or 8 years now and have never had that problem.

Doubt its the receivers as all four have the problem. Could be the dish, but not likely as its only two channels that are affected. I think the likely problems are the local ABC and FOX affiliates. They weren't available on dish for a long time, and now that they are, their signals are lousy.

pirate4state
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Doubt its the receivers as all four have the problem. Could be the dish, but not likely as its only two channels that are affected. I think the likely problems are the local ABC and FOX affiliates. They weren't available on dish for a long time, and now that they are, their signals are lousy.

AMEN!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this!! It has been driving me up the wall!!! :mad:

pillowpants :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, no problems here. I just hate they make you pay extra for the HD channels, so I watch the feed from the rabbit ears on football games because it is much more sharp.

ILS1
01-03-2007, 03:06 PM

That's why I have cable for that exact reason!!!

:D

Blastoderm55
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, no problems here. I just hate they make you pay extra for the HD channels, so I watch the feed from the rabbit ears on football games because it is much more sharp.

Heh, that reminds me of something from last week. I finally got to visit my [loaded] uncle's new house. His primary object of boasting? His 65" Hitachi HDTV.

NEVER BEFORE have I seen a TV with such a flat-out UGLY picture. He bragged about "once you go HD, you can't go back." Well, the HD looked terrible. I think the blame lies in lack of calibration and changes to settings, along with a bad connection to HD source, but this TV just looked bad. I've sold Hitachi TVs before and they use the same components and chassis (in most cases) as Sony and are of comparable quality, so I was baffled that this TV looked so bad. Now, it was a projection, not flat panel, so motion artifacts and a certain level of ghosting are to be expected, but as we watched an NBA game, I saw a player jump for a rebound and completely rematerialize near the hoop. To make matters worse, the out-of-the-box convergence on the set was lousy, so the score ticker looked like a rainbow of colors.

Case in point?

My HDTV monitor hooked up to analog input looks way better than his. :)