PDA

View Full Version : About non sports topics...

mwynn05
01-02-2007, 04:12 PM
people should quit whining...The people here like it the way it is if you don't go somewhere else jmo

luvhoops34
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I feel the same way. Other boards that have sports and non sports separated, just don't do as well. AND, since football is over I fail to see what the big deal is anyway.....

If you want to get REALLY particular, then this is a board about 3A sports only. Not college sports, not 2A, 4A, or 5A sports. Not NFL football, NBA basketball or baseball. All of those things are discussed on here.

If you don't like the format, go somewhere else. :D

Emerson1
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
You should have to of registered, or have a name registered before the 2005 season to have an opinion on the issure

mwynn05
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I feel the same way. Other boards that have sports and non sports separated, just don't do as well. AND, since football is over I fail to see what the big deal is anyway.....

If you want to get REALLY particular, then this is a board about 3A sports only. Not college sports, not 2A, 4A, or 5A sports. Not NFL football, NBA basketball or baseball. All of those things are discussed on here.

If you don't like the format, go somewhere else. :D That's my main thing the season is OVER i have absolutely NO problem with that request during the season

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You should have to of registered, or have a name registered before the 2005 season to have an opinion on the issure uhhhh.....okay..:confused:

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 05:10 PM
You should have to of registered, or have a name registered before the 2005 season to have an opinion on the issure
So you can't say much then...since all of your previous names have been discounted! ;)

Emerson1
01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
It's still a name that was registered, all that matters it it's a read only MEMBER account.

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 05:16 PM
It's still a name that was registered, all that matters it it's a read only MEMBER account.

let me know when you get to make the rules around here...

Emerson1
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm not making any rules, it's just funny to see these people who registered a month ago crying about non sports topics and wanting the whole site redone

Ranger Mom
01-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
let me know when you get to make the rules around here...

I thought he was just making a suggestion myself.....but heck, what do I know anyway?:confused:

Bullaholic
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
My $.02---As long as a post conforms to board rules, I don't care what type it is. Posters are not charged by the word----variety is the spice of life. The only thing I ask is that serious football discussions are not "pirated" or killed by off-topic posts.

carter08
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
88Bobcats, if you are reading this

I do not appreciate being singled out in your suggestion. I am not the only person that make a large amount of off topic posts

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I thought he was just making a suggestion myself.....but heck, what do I know anyway?:confused:
I guess it was a "suggestion"...I'm just having Tiger withdrawls and have to pick on somebody else's hairbrained thoughts! I get antsy in the afternoon...;)

Ranger Mom
01-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by carter08
88Bobcats, if you are reading this

I do not appreciate being singled out in your suggestion. I am not the only person that make a large amount of off topic posts

I will have to line up beside you Carter....I would bet that 90% of my posts are NF related!!

pirate4state
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I guess it was a "suggestion"...I'm just having Tiger withdrawls and have to pick on somebody else's hairbrained thoughts! I get antsy in the afternoon...;)

hairbrained??? you know that is how OWCHI started :thinking: :D

espn1
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
They bring this crap up every year.

luvhoops34
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
I will have to line up beside you Carter....I would bet that 90% of my posts are NF related!!

Same here!

sinton66
01-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I have tried to explain to the newbies that this has been voted on numerous times and that the majority of the board likes it just the way it is. However, it doesn't hurt anything to give some consideration to fellow members even if they are new. Obviously, a title like "I hate snow" is self evidently not about sports. All I'm suggesting is to use some imagination in your titles to make them evident or simply add the NS tag.

To you new members: We have a LARGE contingent of members who are here year round. The non sports topics usually abound after the season is over. We have a LOT of fun in the offseason and we discuss softball, baseball, and all other sports too, If you hang around long enough, you'll get used to it.

Ranger Mom
01-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

To you new members: We have a LARGE contingent of members who are here year round.

In other words....we don't have a life!!:D

44INAROW
01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
In other words....we don't have a life!!:D

I think I resemble that remark :p

Fal44
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My $.02---As long as a post conforms to board rules, I don't care what type it is. Posters are not charged by the word----variety is the spice of life. The only thing I ask is that serious football discussions are not "pirated" or killed by off-topic posts.

I couldnt agree more...

SWMustang
01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I have tried to explain to the newbies that this has been voted on numerous times and that the majority of the board likes it just the way it is. However, it doesn't hurt anything to give some consideration to fellow members even if they are new. Obviously, a title like "I hate snow" is self evidently not about sports. All I'm suggesting is to use some imagination in your titles to make them evident or simply add the NS tag.

To you new members: We have a LARGE contingent of members who are here year round. The non sports topics usually abound after the season is over. We have a LOT of fun in the offseason and we discuss softball, baseball, and all other sports too, If you hang around long enough, you'll get used to it.

don't forget to mention that UT women's soccer is adored by all - well maybe some - OK by Phil :D

Phil C
01-03-2007, 09:10 AM
THIS IS 3A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL WEB SITE!

COME ON EVERYONE! READ!!

STAY WITH THE SUBJECT!

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

:mad: