PDA

View Full Version : Pretend you ahve the 1st pick

injuredinmelee
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
in the NFL draft? Who do you take? Who do you take as GM of the Oakland Raiders?

I take Adrian Peterson from OU, whether I am Oakland or whoever. He is a game changer. I think he jumps ship this year and declares.

charlesrixey
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
peterson, no doubt

AggieJohn
01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
wasn't that great last night.....needs another year to recover from inexperience being out......he had a breakout freshman year, yes, but has been figured out since and has not been statistically what he was.....If i have the first pick, i'm taking braumn from Louisville, or colt brennan if he comes out

bulldogman06
01-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Brady Quinn, you have to have a qb, and the raiders have lamont jordan for a little while, but their qbs are horrible. you need someone to build your future around and Quinn has been learning from Weiss, which only makes him better.

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
wasn't that great last night.....needs another year to recover from inexperience being out......he had a breakout freshman year, yes, but has been figured out since and has not been statistically what he was.....If i have the first pick, i'm taking braumn from Louisville, or colt brennan if he comes out

Why not Brady Quinn?

AggieJohn
01-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Why not Brady Quinn? Over-rated.......

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Over-rated.......
kinda like the Ags! ;)

injuredinmelee
01-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I dont think Davis takes Quinn. If the Raiders took me and I was a QB I would paly out my contract and head for better waters.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-02-2007, 11:31 AM
trade it for somebody looking to give u no.1 picks for 2008 and 2009 and taking their 1st round pick. Then trade down again and get their first round pick and their 2nd round pick. Raiders need more than just one player and the free agent signees havent worked out. Rebuild thru the draft.

Txbroadcaster
01-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I think injury concerns have to be all over Adrian Peterson. Love his running style but he runs so tall he takes a beating

Maroon87
01-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I might be tempted to trade the pick for more picks later on. Oakland needs more than just a QB or RB. Their defense is pretty solid but the offense is a mess.

tigerpride_08
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
i would think they would take a QB rather than a running back...but maybe they think Aaron Brooks will do better next season...:confused:

Pmoney
01-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Brady Quinn....Oakland needs a QB

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2007, 01:04 PM
If they are looking to win next year you do not take a QB. There are no game chaning QB's. Vince Young last year is as good as it gets for a potential game changer and that is all he is. Next year
he may not be any better and then the next he should grow up.
They need an offensive playmaker and there are no QB's that will fill that bill. A running back might. But they are not going to draft their way to a win for next year. Their coaching has to improve on the Offensive side of the ball. Best bet is to get better still on
Defense and draft a power runner and play more conservative on O if they want to win. In two years they can rebuild their O if they are smart. Walk before you run and quit swinging for the fence.

icu812
01-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If they are looking to win next year you do not take a QB. There are no game chaning QB's. Vince Young last year is as good as it gets for a potential game changer and that is all he is. Next year
he may not be any better and then the next he should grow up.
They need an offensive playmaker and there are no QB's that will fill that bill. A running back might. But they are not going to draft their way to a win for next year. Their coaching has to improve on the Offensive side of the ball. Best bet is to get better still on
Defense and draft a power runner and play more conservative on O if they want to win. In two years they can rebuild their O if they are smart. Walk before you run and quit swinging for the fence.

:clap: your no Al Davis sir!! He is going to swing for the fence and take Quin. That is why the Raider are horrible. Quin to me looks like the next Heath Shuler.

tigerpride_08
01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
how does everyone think Brady will fit in that style of offense...

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by icu812
:clap: your no Al Davis sir!! He is going to swing for the fence and take Quin. That is why the Raider are horrible. Quin to me looks like the next Heath Shuler.

Oh I agree. Al Davis is the reason they continue to lose.

icu812
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think injury concerns have to be all over Adrian Peterson. Love his running style but he runs so tall he takes a beating

True, but Eric Dickerson did OK with that same style. I'd have to take Peterson.

That LT from Wisconsin looked pretty good to.

crzyjournalist03
01-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Joe Thomas...offensive tackle from Wisconsin...until the Raiders get their OL in order, it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. They drafted Robert Gallery with their first pick a couple of seasons ago, now add in Thomas, and the line is shaping up quite nicely. Plus, linemen are traditionally safer picks and they generally don't cost as much as top picks from other positions.

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM

one thought...I think Al Davis is calming down in his later years. Why didn't he go for Leinart or Cutler in last year's draft if he really needed a QB? One would HOPE that he didn't really consider Aaron Brooks to be a serviceable QB in the NFL. :thinking:

icu812
01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Joe Thomas...offensive tackle from Wisconsin...until the Raiders get their OL in order, it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. They drafted Robert Gallery with their first pick a couple of seasons ago, now add in Thomas, and the line is shaping up quite nicely. Plus, linemen are traditionally safer picks and they generally don't cost as much as top picks from other positions.

Yep thats the guy. He was very impressive in the bowl game.

Dogman_1969
01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I would love to have a healthy AP. Problem is 5 out of the last 6 yrs he has missed multiple games due to injury.

If memory serves me right his Soph yr of high school he started out on the JV at Palestine High School until he was injured part way through the yr.

His junior year he injured his shoulder and missed several games.

His Senior yr at Palestine he re-injured his shoulder and was about 60% (I watched him play his Senior yr against Jacksonville-he was injured and they lost).

His freshman yr at ou he made a full season. Soph yr at ou he missed games due to injured ankle.

Junior yr (this season-broken collar bone and missed most of the yr)

Now if I have the first pick in the draft, I trade down first and take Kevin Kolb out of the University of Houston. He plays in a pro system, is mobile enough to move since the Raiders line is bad, and he is very accurate. And no I aint his dad or his brother........

If I have to pick, no trades available, I take AP and try and trade him after the draft for multiple players and a #1 & 3 in next yrs draft. AD won't fix the Raiders.....

JR2004
01-02-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm a Redskins fan and I remember drafting Shuler over Trent Dilfer. There is nothing even remotely close in this year's draft class at QB that is anywhere near as horrible as Shuler was. The Skins paid for that horrific selection for many, many years. Charley Casserly ran that organization into the ground after Gibbs left for Nascar.

icu812
01-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Shuler was highly thought of, a great college player and a good draft pick. But much like Ryan Leaf he was just a horrible pro qb.

carter08
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
one thought...I think Al Davis is calming down in his later years. Why didn't he go for Leinart or Cutler in last year's draft if he really needed a QB? One would HOPE that he didn't really consider Aaron Brooks to be a serviceable QB in the NFL. :thinking:

The reason they did not pick Leinart is that the Raiders use a vertical passing scheme, and there were concerns over Leinarts arm strength

awizzy
01-02-2007, 07:37 PM
depends on what i needed
RB- peterson for sure
WR- could go a few ways calvin johnson is good and so is jarret but hes a jerk so probally johnson
QB-either brady or smith

big daddy russ
01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Awizzy said it best, it all depends on which team we're talking about. Is it the Texans, the Browns, the Raiders, the Dolphins?

Some of these teams aren't very far away from competing. The Texans could use an elite OT and they'd be on the fast track to the playoffs. Same with the Dolphins.

pantherpop
01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Awizzy said it best, it all depends on which team we're talking about. Is it the Texans, the Browns, the Raiders, the Dolphins?
the raiders have the first pick.......

$cooter!
01-02-2007, 11:12 PM
calvin johnson

necks_c/09
01-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
If they are looking to win next year you do not take a QB.

thats just it...they aernt.....we know it...they know it...theyre gonna suck again....just take quinn so you can have a franchise qb for the future