PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Jarrett is a punk

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Did anyone see his antics during the Rose Bowl? It got so bad that Brent Musburger actually called him out.

1st play - He scored a touchdown and then celebrated like he's taking a jump shot. (a la NY Giants) No flag thrown.

2nd play - He taunts a defender on the way to the endzone before he scores a touchdown. No flag thrown.

3rd play - He makes a great catch between two defenders. Before he even gets up off the ground, he hands the ball to one of the defenders that's on the ground next to him. No flag thrown.

What a class act.:rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
maybe we have the next TO on the horizon. Someone is gonna have to take the torch being that our beloved Terrell is about 80 in football years.

Rabbit'93
01-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Although I do agree his antics were tacky. The only way to shut some one like that up is to keep them out of the endzone.

AggieJohn
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
i know, that's why they were talking about "just play the game"

3afan
01-02-2007, 11:35 AM
i saw all of those - yeah he acted the punk all right .....

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Although I do agree his antics were tacky. The only way to shut some one like that up is to keep them out of the endzone. But that's the same as trying to say the way to deal with a murderer is to keep him away from people.

I think Injured is correct. We've got another TO in the making.:(

GreenMachine
01-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I think the guy that hit him in the endzone should have waited a few more steps so he could have really tagged him and got his money's worth.

Phil C
01-02-2007, 12:11 PM
They should have thrown the flag. I remember one game when TAMU at Kingsville got a flag for a player taunting the other team. The defender had tackled him on a fourth down and was celebrating after the QB was walking away and not even looking at him. The official was dumb to call the play but it did and it gave the other team a first down. Jarrett was much worse. Until you call penalties it will be done. The officials were just as much at fault.

icu812
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
If I was an NFL coach I would not waste a draft pick on the guy.

3afan
01-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
They should have thrown the flag. I remember one game when TAMU at Kingsville got a flag for a player taunting the other team. The defender had tackled him on a fourth down and was celebrating after the QB was walking away and not even looking at him. The official was dumb to call the play but it did and it gave the other team a first down. Jarrett was much worse. Until you call penalties it will be done. The officials were just as much at fault.

if it was fourth down then it would have been a dead ball penalty and would not have given the offensive team a first down .... just so ya know

:D

but yes, officials should have called an unsportsmanlike penalty, especially the pointing at the defender ....

LitanyofFury
01-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Agreed.

JJ7997
01-02-2007, 12:35 PM
How could you talk that way about Brent Musbergers golden boy ? I swear Brents in love with Jarrett. Just my oppinion, but a typical USC player, get away with anything. But yeah, I think he a piece of excrement as well.

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
How could you talk that way about Brent Musbergers golden boy ? Brent called him out. That's how bad it was. He compared him to TO.:eek: :eek:

JJ7997
01-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Dang, I missed that.

icu812
01-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I honestly think he could have cost himself some money come draft day........I mean just what every team needs another TO or Randy Moss. Taking any WR in the 1st Rd. is not very smart....just look what it has done for Detroit. Stay away from WR's and QB's in Rd. 1.

TexanAlum_06
01-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah it was good to see him get Tagged atleast once in the endzone. I hope he comes out this year, so thats one less weapon USC has next year, and so we dont have to hear about him all next CFB season.

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Yeah it was good to see him get Tagged atleast once in the endzone. I hope he comes out this year, so thats one less weapon USC has next year, and so we dont have to hear about him all next CFB season.

Yes sir, I want to see him in an NFL football uniform preferably in
the NFC east where I can see him get creamed every sunday......:rolleyes:

TexanAlum_06
01-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah he would fit right in with the NYG and Jeremy Shockey, another player I have a strong dislike for...

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Yeah he would fit right in with the NYG and Jeremy Shockey, another player I have a strong dislike for...

Oh yeah. And he would find out that good in college does not mean good in the NFL. I can just imagine one of those big Roy Williams smack downs just now......

Tx Challenge
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
mn

oops my bad, wrong thread:o

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I can just imagine one of those big Roy Williams smack downs just now...... :helpme: :helpme:

TexanAlum_06
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Him and Burress woul get along too. they are both alike, they just want to catch TD passes but not do anything else.

un b weavable
01-02-2007, 02:52 PM
This is probably one of the most rediculous threads ive seen on here. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
This is probably one of the most rediculous threads ive seen on here. Give me a break.:rolleyes: Thank you for your expert analysis. Care to elaborate?

un b weavable
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Thank you for your expert analysis. Care to elaborate?

I'll give you that the taunting on the way to the endzone wasn't necessary, but the jumpshot thing and handing the defender the ball after the catch is not that big of a deal. I think the jumpshot thing is stupid but ive seen players do it numerous times throughout the bowl games and not get penalized for it. Saying he is classless and comparing him to TO is rediculous. He's playing in big game and playing the way he was, i think he was entitled to a little celebration. And saying if you were an nfl coach you wouldn't draft him is crazy. He's easily one of the best receivers in the ncaa.

I didnt want to elaborate because anything i say is going to strike up even more rediculous comments and i dont want to spend the whole day arguing about worthless crap.

JasperDog94
01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll give you that the taunting on the way to the endzone wasn't necessary, but the jumpshot thing and handing the defender the ball after the catch is not that big of a deal. I think the jumpshot thing is stupid but ive seen players do it numerous times throughout the bowl games and not get penalized for it. Saying he is classless and comparing him to TO is rediculous. He's playing in big game and playing the way he was, i think he was entitled to a little celebration. And saying if you were an nfl coach you wouldn't draft him is crazy. He's easily one of the best receivers in the ncaa.

I didnt want to elaborate because anything i say is going to strike up even more rediculous comments and i dont want to spend the whole day arguing about worthless crap. No arguing necessary. We just disagree. I feel that handing the ball to a defender after a play is poor sportsmanship. And any player that "uses the ball as a prop" should be penalized. Celebrate with your team instead of showboating.

Adidas410s
01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No arguing necessary. We just disagree. I feel that handing the ball to a defender after a play is poor sportsmanship. And any player that "uses the ball as a prop" should be penalized. Celebrate with your team instead of showboating.
I didn't see the other two plays...but I agree that the handing of the ball to the defender while he's on the ground was pretty poor on Jarrett's part.

un b weavable
01-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree that its unnecessary, but other players do it all the time and never get penalized. It seems like he's being pegged as such a horrible person for doing it when he's definitely not the only person who has done it. I think its just getting blown way out of proportion.

JR2004
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Good gosh the classless card is being played again! I like watching Jarrett play. He's an entertaining guy to watch even though I really don't care for USC at all. If Michigan wanted to shut him up they could've, oh you know, KEPT HIM FROM GETTING THE BALL SO MANY TIMES. I think he should go ahead and come out this year. I'd like to see if he might be the guy to give Chad Johnson a run for his money on TD celebrations.

GreenMachine
01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Speaking of Johnson's, I would take Calvin Johnson over Jarrett. I have watched Georgia Tech play several times and have never seen Calvin try to show up an opponent. That guy is pure football...the way it should be played.

Bandera YaYa
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM

I didnt want to elaborate because anything i say is going to strike up even more rediculous comments and i dont want to spend the whole day arguing about worthless crap. IMHO what he did is tacky, plain and simple....iit's OK to jump up and down and congratulate your teammates, but what he did just said "look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me....". He won't be compared to TO if he doesn't act like TO......make smart decisions and be respectful, and you won't have to constantly explain yourself!!!! :p

Cameron Crazy
01-02-2007, 08:42 PM
He has no class but he is good enough to play in the NFL!

buff4life
01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
By a great margin....CALVIN JOHNSON is the BEST receiver in NCAA...he is amazing to watch and has great size and speed

un b weavable
01-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
IMHO what he did is tacky, plain and simple....iit's OK to jump up and down and congratulate your teammates, but what he did just said "look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me....". He won't be compared to TO if he doesn't act like TO......make smart decisions and be respectful, and you won't have to constantly explain yourself!!!! :p

It may have been a little uncalled for but i still dont think it was that big of a deal. And i definitely dont think he should be compared to TO.