PDA

View Full Version : UnOfficial "Time for Parcells to Retire" Thread

slpybear the bullfan
01-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Okay,

I was excited when he got here, but seeing the same old unispired play another year, coupled with Sean Payton taking half of the Cowboy castoffs to NO and making a run, has made me ready for the Tuna's retirement....

I am making the first un-officiall Parcells needs to retire thread...

Let's all take turns listing the reasons....

#1.) Deciding to switch defensive schemes: Let's see, we have a fantastic defensive coordinator who has proven to field defenses that do the job... who finds players who flourish in them and make the most of them... who finally gets some legitimate draft picks that maybe will make a difference... and what does the TUNA do? Change up to the 3-4. I am pretty sure that Zimmer wasn't a fan of it... or else he would have switched to it before. :rolleyes: And how many teams are running the 3-4 today?...

carter08
01-01-2007, 03:25 PM
#2) Coaching the Loserboys took away his desire to coach

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Okay,

I was excited when he got here, but seeing the same old unispired play another year, coupled with Sean Payton taking half of the Cowboy castoffs to NO and making a run, has made me ready for the Tuna's retirement....

I am making the first un-officiall Parcells needs to retire thread...

Let's all take turns listing the reasons....

#1.) Deciding to switch defensive schemes: Let's see, we have a fantastic defensive coordinator who has proven to field defenses that do the job... who finds players who flourish in them and make the most of them... who finally gets some legitimate draft picks that maybe will make a difference... and what does the TUNA do? Change up to the 3-4. I am pretty sure that Zimmer wasn't a fan of it... or else he would have switched to it before. :rolleyes: And how many teams are running the 3-4 today?...

All the talk about Sean Peyton..dont forget Parcells first year in Dallas he was 10-6..just like Peyton this year..Lets not annoint Peyton a guru of a coach just yet until we see him able to be consistent.

burnet44
01-01-2007, 03:51 PM
always remember this
Jerry is the Owner and GM
it doesnt matter who the coach is
the constant is Jerry (I did not have a face lift) Jones
Bill looks tired
but football is a mistress Bill cant seem to put down
Bill was the GM and HC in previous stops
not in Dallas
Yes I do agree the D aint good
turnovers kill everyone

the one constant is Jerry

and before you hollar he won
yeah we won with Jimmy
then screwed that up

he is a guy with money
he is not a fb guy

never will be

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
always remember this
Jerry is the Owner and GM
it doesnt matter who the coach is
the constant is Jerry (I did not have a face lift) Jones
Bill looks tired
but football is a mistress Bill cant seem to put down
Bill was the GM and HC in previous stops
not in Dallas
Yes I do agree the D aint good
turnovers kill everyone

the one constant is Jerry

and before you hollar he won
yeah we won with Jimmy
then screwed that up

he is a guy with money
he is not a fb guy

never will be

Parcells was only a GM at one spot..The Jets..he NEVER was the GM for the Giants, and left the PAts because they would not make him the GM.

In saying that..This is a Parcells team..the defense is players he WANTED, and yet for what ever reason it is has not played well

sinton66
01-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I think the game has passed Parcells by. He's obviously not a motivator anymore. He does not develop good game plans, or if he does, he doesn't convey it well and see that it gets carried out. Experience at this level SHOULD be an enormous edge, but it obviously isn't in Parcell's case.

burnet44
01-01-2007, 04:51 PM
what were people saying
when the boys won 6 of 8
did anyone listen to the andy reid interview
he said some great things about his team
"the younger guys and the players are listening to the coaches"
"we are working as one"

no the game aint passed bill by
kinda like tom huh

problem is
who is jj gonna get?
he has to do it high profile for the pub
when bill goes
who he is gonna get is a problem
so dont shove bill out the door unless you have a plan
like alabama and now atlanta
the cardnials never have a plan so they are right on course

ships with a steady rudder sail straight

yeah fire bill
then what?

setxsports
01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
It's not Bill's Fault!

formermbcouns
01-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Mixed feelings about Parcells leaving but maybe its for the best...

sinton66
01-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
what were people saying
when the boys won 6 of 8
did anyone listen to the andy reid interview
he said some great things about his team
"the younger guys and the players are listening to the coaches"
"we are working as one"

no the game aint passed bill by
kinda like tom huh

problem is
who is jj gonna get?
he has to do it high profile for the pub
when bill goes
who he is gonna get is a problem
so dont shove bill out the door unless you have a plan
like alabama and now atlanta
the cardnials never have a plan so they are right on course

ships with a steady rudder sail straight

yeah fire bill
then what?

I know this might be blasphemy in some circles, but YES, the game had passed Tom by also. Jimmy Johnson proved that. I loved Tom like any other right thinking Texan, and I hated the way Jones did him. I have to admit, however, that Jones and Johnson built one heck of a team. 3 super bowl victories in 5 years sort of speaks for itself, does it not?

burnet44
01-01-2007, 08:14 PM
ok whats plan when Bill is gone?
is it better than Bill?
gotta have that plan before you fire bill

the game hasnt passed bill by
he has forgot more football than any of us know

look at Pitt.
last year Champs
this year they are saying their Bill is gone

if andy reid dont make playoffs I guess he forgot fb

always be careful what you wish for you might get it

Jerry got that when Jimmy left
its been a car wreck ever since

Bullaholic
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I think we are all pretty well in agreement on this one. I have said for some time that Parcells is not the same coach who took the Giants to the title. He has lost his "edge" and a lot of his desire. I think he saw Jerry's fat billfold and said---"Give me some of that" and got what he wanted. He has been looking for a place in the sun and unfortunately Dallas has filled the bill. At least Parcells has restored a degree of respectibility in Dallas as far as providing the ingredients for building a quality franchise---a far cry from the "shambles" that the Cowboy organization was in before he came. The Cowboys need a younger more innovative and motivated coach to take them to the next level---the Cowboys are as good as they are going to get under Parcells. Go Cowboys---beat those Sea Birds....

sinton66
01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I have never been impressed by Parcells. He is not an innovator, never has been, never will be.

burnet44
01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
what were people saying
when the boys won 6 of 8

started romo for deadslow
kinda gutsy?

carter08
01-01-2007, 08:45 PM
parcells may suck
but he is better than Dom Capers
who ruined the Texans

bobcat1
01-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think we are all pretty well in agreement on this one. I have said for some time that Parcells is not the same coach who took the Giants to the title. He has lost his "edge" and a lot of his desire. I think he saw Jerry's fat billfold and said---"Give me some of that" and got what he wanted. He has been looking for a place in the sun and unfortunately Dallas has filled the bill. At least Parcells has restored a degree of respectibility in Dallas as far as providing the ingredients for building a quality franchise---a far cry from the "shambles" that the Cowboy organization was in before he came. The Cowboys need a younger more innovative and motivated coach to take them to the next level---the Cowboys are as good as they are going to get under Parcells. Go Cowboys---beat those Sea Birds.... I gotta agree with Bullaholic on this one. We absolutely need a fire starter. Old Scowl face ain't getting it done. He has talent so somewhere something ain't right. You can't blame TO. I hate his mouth and drops, but he is still having an okay season. I bet no one goes after Zimmer the defensive coordinator this year as a head coach. He is stinking the place up. The defensive backs catch a lot of flack, but there is not much help from the front 7 with the exception of Ware. I mean the fat boys are getting dominated in the trenches and no one is fillin the holes behind them. I mean can you say Attack the friggin ball or what!:foul: I'm done. Now I feel better.

necks_c/09
01-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by carter08
parcells may suck
who ruined the Texans

agreed 210%

hit that one right on the money

should have gotten rid of him after the 7-9 season....we all know he can lead a new team but you gotta know when to take the reins away....

g$$
01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by carter08
parcells may suck
who ruined the Texans

GM Charley Casserly destroyed the Texans, & yes Capers did his part too. But blame Casserly/scouting staff for the majority of bad drafts & free agent acquisitions. Dom Capers is a good defensive coach, but not a HC IMO. All it takes to know this is one look at the Texans roster after 5 years.

Give Kubiak & new GM Smith a chance to build a roster & team, & last year's draft was very good overall.

BILLYFRED0000
01-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I gotta agree with Bullaholic on this one. We absolutely need a fire starter. Old Scowl face ain't getting it done. He has talent so somewhere something ain't right. You can't blame TO. I hate his mouth and drops, but he is still having an okay season. I bet no one goes after Zimmer the defensive coordinator this year as a head coach. He is stinking the place up. The defensive backs catch a lot of flack, but there is not much help from the front 7 with the exception of Ware. I mean the fat boys are getting dominated in the trenches and no one is fillin the holes behind them. I mean can you say Attack the friggin ball or what!:foul: I'm done. Now I feel better.

Bobcat1 you are dead on as usual. I think if Parcells would leave
Zimmer alone you would see some of that attack football mentality. I believe the talent is there and the offense has actually looked decent of late. The defense does not. But "I think what we have he'ar is a failure to communicate". The D wants to play but Bill is holding them back. Kind a makes you wonder what you are doing out there if you can't play the way you should.

wedo
01-03-2007, 02:41 AM
The first thing the Cowboys need to do is to Start Marion Barber

slpybear the bullfan
01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
#3 Made the Pass Rush Worse - Hmmm... lets see, we have the only decent pass rusher lining up on their slots and WRs all game long against the SeaHawks? WTH?

slpybear the bullfan
01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
#4 Still refusing to push downfield - An incredibly depleted secondary of the Seahawks, and he gets scared of pushing the ball downfield and being aggressive?

Retire, Bill. Please.