PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young Loses Game By Himself

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM
It was all Vince Young's fault. He lost the game for the Titans all by himself. All of those big plays the defense gave up was his fault. Every dropped pass, missed blocking assignment, and missed tackle was his fault. Don't you all agree?

ILS1
01-01-2007, 10:31 AM
BBD= Merrill Hoge in disguise!!!!

:D :D :clap: :eek: :mad: :p

Emerson1
01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It was all Vince Young's fault. He lost the game for the Titans all by himself. All of those big plays the defense gave up was his fault. Every dropped pass, missed blocking assignment, and missed tackle was his fault. Don't you all agree?
It's also his fault that his receiver dropped what would of been one of the top 5 plays of the year in the NFL.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, it has been blatantly obvious to me that to just about everyone on here, Vince Young is the entire team for the Titans, and ever ounce of success results from him. I'm just suprised that with that mentality nobody got up and said that it was all VY's fault for the loss, since they give him full credit for everything else.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's also his fault that his receiver dropped what would of been one of the top 5 plays of the year in the NFL.

But I thought that Vince Young made everyone around him a better player? Shouldn't that mean that with Vince Young on the field, no receivers should drop any passes?

Emerson1
01-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Was it not aggy saying the same thing about him when he was at Texas?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Was it not aggy saying the same thing about him when he was at Texas?

Lemming

Also, when he was at Texas, I was still a Longhorn fan, so I did support Vince and the 'Horns. Good try though.

Big Papa
01-01-2007, 10:51 AM
nice thread

necks_c/09
01-01-2007, 11:35 AM
vince younng rules....i dont care if he screwed up a couple times......where is Reggie McNeal in crunch time trying to lead his team back for a game winning field goal.....so what if he and the titans had a bad game.....its not as if they got whooped by the lions or anything.....u know this was actually a pretty good team that they lost to....and they were in it until the 4th but the patriots ran away w/ it

injuredinmelee
01-01-2007, 12:25 PM

Name one former Aggie QB that is better or was better? College career or Professional. You cant honestly do it.

pirate4state
01-01-2007, 12:27 PM
But I thought that Vince Young made everyone around him a better player? Shouldn't that mean that with Vince Young on the field, no receivers should drop any passes?

In a perfect world!! :) :thumbsup:

It's all VY fault that the Patriots won. :p

charlesrixey
01-01-2007, 12:27 PM
i love Vince, but you are one hundred percent right on this one, BBDE!

I think he had a lot to do with their victories, and he had a lot to do with this loss too

LitanyofFury
01-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Reposting this from the 'Bloods. Just in case any of you guys thought the Titans were actually a decent football team.;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:09 am Post subject:
Check out these sortable stats:

Defense: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2006&sort=529&old_category=Total&old_group=Offense
Titans:
31st in Points Allowed
Last in Yards Allowed
30th in Rushing Yards Allowed
27th in Passing Yards Allowed
29th in Sacks
28th in Forced Fumbles
First in Tackles (not good)

Offense: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Offense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2006&sort=529&timeframe=
Titans:
Last in Time of Possession
27th in Yards Gained
30th in Passing Yards Gained
5th in Rushing Yards Gained (this is good)
27th in First Downs Gained
29th in Third Down Efficiency

Conclusions:

Defensive Line was arguably the worst in the league despite what Haynesworthless tells us. If the D-Line cannot get off the blocks, the rushing yards go up, and the passing yards go up since they cannot pressure the QB (pathetic sack ranking) and the QB has time to find targets. Jim Schwartz must go - this is his responsibility and he must step up and take the blame.

Offensive Line has learned how to run block. The Recievers are pathetic despite their high draft rank. Do we need better receivers or a better receiver coach?

Why were the Titans 8-8 with such pathetic statistics? Simple, Vince Young. I'll admit he made a believer out of this sceptic. However, he cannot continue to carry this team year after year, he will be pounded into a mush as he gets older and the defenses figure him out. The Titans must get better defensive coaches and players, and better recievers/receiver coaches.

If it wasn't for Vince, the Titans would have been the Raiders of the South.

Txbroadcaster
01-01-2007, 12:39 PM
When the QB is the only player on the team to normally take every offensive snap, then he will ALWAYS be gievn to much credit, or to much blame for wins and losses.

Look at how the QBs are judged when it comes to their legacy. If you win a couple of SBs your a legend, if a QB does not then there is always the question mark on how good a QB is...Look at how Peyton Manning is judged..until he wins a SB he is a great stat QB, but is not considered a "winner" fair or not fair.

LitanyofFury
01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Lemming

Also, when he was at Texas, I was still a Longhorn fan, so I did support Vince and the 'Horns. Good try though.

Seriously, after reading all of your ridiculous threads. . .you're gonna fit in FINE on Franochino's football team! "Hold the Rope!";)

With a witty firebreather like you on the team who spends 24/7 of his time working out and getting better (and not posting on an internet forum). . .man, you guys will definitely NOT get rolled in your next bowl game. I guarantee it!:thumbsup:

carter08
01-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Seriously, after reading all of your ridiculous threads. . .you're gonna fit in FINE on Franochino's football team! "Hold the Rope!";)

With a witty firebreather like you on the team who spends 24/7 of his time working out and getting better (and not posting on an internet forum). . .man, you guys will definitely NOT get rolled in your next bowl game. I guarantee it!:thumbsup:

Are you planning on walking on at UT.
Huh?
NO!
BBDE > West..., um, LOF

LitanyofFury
01-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Are you planning on walking on at UT.
Huh?
NO!
BBDE > West..., um, LOF

And you're just as foolish as he is unfortunately.

With the way you always swoop in to back him up. . .maybe we should start calling you guys the Ambiguously Gay Duo.:p

carter08
01-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
And you're just as foolish as he is unfortunately.

With the way you always swoop in to back him up. . .maybe we should start calling you guys the Ambiguously Gay Duo.:p

Last time you called people racists, this time you call people gay.

Grow Up.