PDA

View Full Version : Wylie/Vernon Location

coolguycody_c
11-03-2001, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know where Vernon is set to play Abilene Wylie in the first round? I've heard Ballinger, but it seems unreasonable....

VWG
11-03-2001, 09:12 PM
I would think somewhere in the Ft. Worth area would be the choice.
That is about the same distance for both schools.

fury900
11-04-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by coolguycody_c:
Does anyone know where Vernon is set to play Abilene Wylie in the first round? I've heard Ballinger, but it seems unreasonable....

Abilene Wylie won the coin flip in 2000 so the game may be in Vernon

coolguycody_c
11-04-2001, 11:08 AM
Vernon won't make that mistake again. Hopefully they'll have it in the DFW area.

fury900
11-04-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by coolguycody_c:
Vernon won't make that mistake again. Hopefully they'll have it in the DFW area.

Vernon won't make that mistake again?

coolguycody_c
11-04-2001, 03:21 PM
Many people from Wylie complained about the officials in Vernon, and likewise, I heard a lot of complaining concerning the officials in Abilene.

abicooper
11-04-2001, 06:59 PM
The game was in Ft. Worth in 2000, so I believe this years game will also be in Ft. Worth. I may be wrong, but when two teams play on a neutral site, then they must play at another neutral site if they meet
again in the playoffs within the next two years. (Abilene Cooper played Amarillo High two years in a row, and both games were in Lubbock) Can anyone verify this?

eye of the tiger
11-04-2001, 07:09 PM
From the UIL rule bookPlayoff Games.
Unless mutually agreeable otherwise, the place for playing a playoff game shall be determined on a "home and home" basis for the past two football seasons (1999, 2000). The team that was the visiting team the last time the two teams met on a home field in a post-district playoff game may require the game be played at its home field. In case of disagreement between two teams who have not played a post-district playoff game during the past two football seasons, the game site shall be decided by a coin toss.
Home Sites. When two schools flip for two separate sites other than their home field, the sites are considered home sites unless both sites are near mid-point.
Neutral Sites. A site mid-point or near mid-point or a site agreed on by both schools as neutral, is a neutral site. Unless mutually agreeable, a site cannot be neutral if it is more than two-thirds the total distance between the two schools.

I guess it depends if one of the teams chose ft worth or it was an agreed on neutral site.
personally i hope it is in ft worth because it will be easier for me to attend.

hsguru
11-04-2001, 07:18 PM
Im thinking the new stadium at southlake is a possibility if it is available.

Matthew328
11-04-2001, 11:54 PM
last year the game was at Clark Stadium in Ft. Worth, that is a possiblity along with Farrington Field, the new stadium in Southlake is another choice along with Pennington Field and Birdville...I think the game may be at Clark Stadium again this year

Adidas410s
11-05-2001, 02:28 PM
I wouldnt be surprised one bit if it was at Clark again this season. I know that has been the neutral site the past two times that Wylie and whomever they played from that district have decided to go neutral instead of home/home. Birdville and Pennington would be nice though. Clark is just too dang old in my opinion. But hey what about Haskell or Knox City? Those are about half way between Vernon and Abilene. That would DEFINITELY be a packed house.

abicooper
11-05-2001, 02:55 PM
Graham would be a great place to play. It probably will not happen, but I seem to remember that they have a nice stadium also.

Not to be looking ahead, but IF (This is a BIG IF) Wylie and Aledo play again this year, the game should be in Abilene right? I thought that Aledo won the home/home flip last year and wanted to play at Birdville as their home stadium. If this is true, maybe Wylie might have a home game this year. Not trying to look past Vernon just trying to plan what games to go see in week #2 of the playoffs.

eye of the tiger
11-05-2001, 03:50 PM
abicooper--its hard not to look ahead a bit. play-offs usually involve travel so you kinda have to map out travel plans and sometimes even over night plans. Sometimes you have to put in for that extra day off. You prolly have the extra good fortune of trying to mix in Cooper's play-off games also. hopefully some will be on friday and some saturday.

deliriousmaniac
11-05-2001, 09:01 PM
Where in Abilene would they play?

abicooper
11-05-2001, 10:31 PM
My guess would be Shotwell Stadium. Holds around 20,000 and is where Abilene Cooper and Abilene High both play. Wylie played there in 1995 I think against Springtown.

Matthew328
11-06-2001, 09:41 AM
Of course that is assuming Aledo can beat Alvarado..which is a big if...

FanMan
11-06-2001, 12:46 PM
I think Wylie/Vernon would play some where in the Ft. Worth area since that is a neutral site. I don't think it matters who won any sort of coin flip the year before. Every year is a new year and the coin flips and agreements made last year generally only apply to the year before. I don't know of any coach who would make any agreement beyond the present time.

eye of the tiger
11-06-2001, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by FanMan:
I think Wylie/Vernon would play some where in the Ft. Worth area since that is a neutral site. I don't think it matters who won any sort of coin flip the year before. Every year is a new year and the coin flips and agreements made last year generally only apply to the year before. I don't know of any coach who would make any agreement beyond the present time.

Not always true FanMan. http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/rules/1250.html

KRONE_02
11-06-2001, 02:46 PM
They are going to flip between a location in Abilene ( Shotwell Stadium most likely) or for Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls.

abicooper
11-06-2001, 02:52 PM
Krone - Where did you get your information from, when will they flip, and is this a for sure thing. From what I have heard the game would be played at neutral site like last year. (ie Ft. Worth)

FryDayFBFun
11-06-2001, 05:36 PM
why not play in Alvarado?? they have they new turf and it is beautiful. needs better lights, but heard they are getting those next year with new bleachers !!

fury900
11-07-2001, 10:12 AM
Wylie won the coin flip in 2000 and the game was in Clark Stadium in Ft but if Vernon had won the coin flip the game was be in Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls or Graham

[This message has been edited by fury900 (edited November 07, 2001).]

KRONE_02
11-09-2001, 02:33 PM
They will flip friday night at the Ballinger-Wylie game (The scouts of Vernon and I guess the Wylie coaches) between Shotwell or Memorial. If the winner's place is not available next Friday then the teams will play at Weatherford.

Adidas410s
11-10-2001, 02:40 AM
Well it looks like the game will either be at Weatherford or Memorial. Shotwell is already taken by Cooper and Lubbock Monterey next week. I guess they could play on Saturday, but I doubt it. Maybe they could use Wylie/Vernon as the home field. I think that would be able to hold the crowd and it would give it that great FULL atmosphere. I will post if I hear anything else tonight!

fury900
11-10-2001, 07:11 AM
Friday @ Weatherford Roo Stadium. 7:30 kickoff.