PDA

View Full Version : astros lose another......

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:24 PM
aubrey huff signs a deal with the baltimore orioles.......

Dang....he wasnt a great player but he was of plenty value to them......i think they should have tried harder to keep him around...

I hope clemens comes back b/c they need him desperately...

carter08
12-31-2006, 12:27 PM
This solves the third base issue. Ensberg will be the starter now. No more sharing the role with Huff.

Need more pitching
Oswalt, Williams, Jennings, and who else

Must get Clemens back

Maroon87
12-31-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't think the Stros had any interest in bringing back Huff. Besides, next season will be an odd-numbered year so Ensberg will probably hit 40 homers with 100 RBI.;)

necks_c/09
backe...hes back this year....that gives em 4 .....

agreed...they do need clemens though....that would give ema full rotation

Maroon87
Originally posted by necks_c/09

agreed...they do need clemens though....

Actually Backe will not be back until 2008.:(

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Actually Backe will not be back until 2008.:(

really????

i coulda swore he would be back this year.....dang.....now they really need clemens!

carter08
12-31-2006, 12:32 PM

agreed...they do need clemens though....that would give ema full rotation

Backe is on the team, but is having Tommy John surgery and miss all of 2007

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Backe is on the team, but is having Tommy John surgery and miss all of 2007

crap.....i thought he had that last year....that is why he missed all last season huh???

carter08
12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
crap.....i thought he had that last year....that is why he missed all last season huh???

He may have already had it

But he is missing all of 2007

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:45 PM
so who else should they try and get......all the good free agents have already signed with teams.....they still need help now and who will play centerfield after losing taveras...?

carter08
12-31-2006, 12:47 PM
so who else should they try and get......all the good free agents have already signed with teams.....they still need help now and who will play centerfield after losing taveras...?

Chris Burke will play CF

Chris Sampson will be the 5th starter if Clemens returns

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:58 PM
they also need to think about the future a 2nd base....biggio is getting pretty old.....and another problem with losing these players is they are losing all their depth....what happens if we start getting injuries.....

carter08
12-31-2006, 01:00 PM
they also need to think about the future a 2nd base....biggio is getting pretty old.....and another problem with losing these players is they are losing all their depth....what happens if we start getting injuries.....

Burke is the future 2nd Baseman. Charlton Jimmerson should be called up this year. I see him at CF by the 2008 season when Biggio retires

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 01:06 PM
but jimmerson's batting sucks....he is pretty good at fielding though....he needs some work.....but they still have no depth unless there is unknown talent down in the minor leagues.....another player like luke scott.....???

carter08
12-31-2006, 01:08 PM
but jimmerson's batting sucks....he is pretty good at fielding though....he needs some work.....but they still have no depth unless there is unknown talent down in the minor leagues.....another player like luke scott.....???

Hunter Pence will be very good in the majors.

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 01:31 PM
nice scouting report.....never heard of him but i believe you....

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
c'mon carter where u at???

Who-dun-it!!?
12-31-2006, 02:09 PM
This is exactly Craig Biggio is the greatest MLB player of all time. (My opinion only). He hasn't let a little thing like money disrupt his loyalty. The Majors need more players like him.

GetRDoneStangs
12-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
This is exactly Craig Biggio is the greatest MLB player of all time. (My opinion only). He hasn't let a little thing like money disrupt his loyalty. The Majors need more players like him.

SO True!:clap: :clap: :clap:

JakefootballGOD
12-31-2006, 02:58 PM
if you need any astros info just ask me...i'm an astros freak!! I'm a groupie!

Ok, as for backe. he already had his operations, things are doing good, he is out for the year this year could be back for spring training next year! Still up in the air there.

Burke, will be playing CF this year...the kid needs to get on the field he is to damn good to be sitting on the pine. He is the future and the 2nd bag for the astros.

Future in CF....hunter pence is a MAN AMONG BOYS at AA Corpus Christi, trust me i know, i have season tickets. But they are working with him slowly. They dont want to call him up to early and get his confedence tore down. But he is the future for the CF for the astros. As for as strike out king Jimerson...i saw him two years ago in CC...i hated him...he did three things as a batter, about 50% he struck out, 45% he poped up to and infeilder, and the rest of the time he crushed the ball.

Huff, he just wasn't a good fit in houston...he is a AL player. Morgan needs to have a great year, or he is a goner!!!

Pitching...is still way up in the air...
Oswalt
Jennings
are pretty much the only two that will be stable in the rotation for right now!

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JakefootballGOD
if you need any astros info just ask me...i'm an astros freak!! I'm a groupie!

Ok, as for backe. he already had his operations, things are doing good, he is out for the year this year could be back for spring training next year! Still up in the air there.

Burke, will be playing CF this year...the kid needs to get on the field he is to damn good to be sitting on the pine. He is the future and the 2nd bag for the astros.

Future in CF....hunter pence is a MAN AMONG BOYS at AA Corpus Christi, trust me i know, i have season tickets. But they are working with him slowly. They dont want to call him up to early and get his confedence tore down. But he is the future for the CF for the astros. As for as strike out king Jimerson...i saw him two years ago in CC...i hated him...he did three things as a batter, about 50% he struck out, 45% he poped up to and infeilder, and the rest of the time he crushed the ball.

Huff, he just wasn't a good fit in houston...he is a AL player. Morgan needs to have a great year, or he is a goner!!!

Pitching...is still way up in the air...
Oswalt
Jennings
are pretty much the only two that will be stable in the rotation for right now!

thanks for pointing out a bunch of stuff we have already figured out....
:clap:

JakefootballGOD
12-31-2006, 03:55 PM
you didnt even know who was playing CF...LOL rookie

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
i just wanted a definite.....thats who i thought would play it....and i figured he might get a lot of pt a 2nd base w/ biggio being so old.....and we all know jimmerson sucks at batting so he wont play alot

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
so since u know everything about the astros where does mike lamb fit in.....still the bench rider or what???

i think he should play before ensberg....i dont care how good his defense is....his batting is 10 times better than ensbergs

carter08
12-31-2006, 06:40 PM
c'mon carter where u at???

I was at a funeral.
Sorry.
Thats more important than the Downlow.

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I was at a funeral.
Sorry.