PDA

View Full Version : Hoge sticking it to Vince AGAIN

JR2004
12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
Okay now it's getting to the point where the man is looking for anything when it comes to Vince Young. On Tennessee's final drive last week against Buffalo, Tennessee ran the ball on 10 of the plays on a 12 play drive that led to the game-winning field goal. Hoge goes on to say that Travis Henry not getting any credit for this win is absurd. You know I really don't recall where anyone said that Henry didn't deserve credit for what he did on the final drive. Heck even Sal Palantonio had to call him out for continuing to act like a fool when it comes to discussing Vince Young.

Why is is to darn hard for this grown man to admit that Vince is playing some pretty good football. Ron Jaworski even showed a play where Vince recognized the coverage Buffalo was throwing at him and Hoge STILL won't use Vince's name in a positive manner. This whole obsession he has with running Vince into the ground is going far beyond ridiculous. I'm a Vince Young fan, but Good Lord Hoge is just acting like a jerk at this point with the comments he is making and I really don't understand what exactly it is that makes him dislike Vince so much.

CenTexSports
12-31-2006, 10:49 AM
It sounds to me like a planned programming decision. Every analyst can't say the same thing or no one would watch. It sounds to me like you have way too much emotional baggage tied to VY. When you watch these pre-game shows, pretend you are watching the WWE or something. Take it all with a grain of salt and a beer and watch it for the entertainment value.

You need to find a more realistic issue to tie your wagon too; something like hating the Cowboys because Jerry Jones is the owner. That my friend is a REAL problem worth obsessing over. MY prayer to the football Gods is: Please let Jerry Jones go bankrupt so that I may move my loyalities back to the former great Cowboy franchise. I can then knell again at the alter that has the likeness of Roger S, Bob L, George A, DD L, Walt G, Rayfield W, Cornell G, Mel R, Charlie W, Cliff H, and the only Super Bowl MVP from a losing team Chuck H.

charlesrixey
12-31-2006, 11:50 AM
you may not like jerry jones, but as a fan, i am not going to ditch the cowboys because of who owns the team. Jerry Jones may not put together another Super Bowl team, but the cowboys are still a better franchise at most, even in losing seasons.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Hoge is racist and does not want to see a black QB succeed.

Maroon87
12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

Now THERE'S a different angle on the subject...:eek: :thinking:

Emerson1
12-31-2006, 12:24 PM
They should put him and Screamin A. Smith on a show together.

mwynn05
12-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They should put him and Screamin A. Smith on a show together. now that guy(Smith) wants to make everything about race

halfnhalf
12-31-2006, 02:44 PM
I think it is just because every time the Titans win, all they pretty much talk about is how amazing VY is, even though most of the wins had Henry running for 100 or 150 or more. He's having a pro bowl type season and all people still talk about is how great Young is.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 02:47 PM
pro bowl seasons are stupid.

It's all about being all pro

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Hoge went out on a limb like a fool before Vince ever played a game and said he stunk. Then he couldn't just admit his mistake and change his position. So, now ESPSuck has taken that and made it Hoge's stock position so they can piss the myriad Vince fans off and get them to tune in.

Vince has his team in a position for a shot at the playoffs, he's going to win the Rookie of the Year award, and he's turned the Titans around. I think he's ok and nothing Hoge says is gonna change that.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the ones who are really stupid are the ones who act like Vince Young kicks every field goal, makes every block on the offensive line, catches every pass, never gets tackled, makes every tackle. That is more often than not the majority of them. He wasn't lying when he said that VY gets all of the credit and nobody else does, because he's right. A lot of people are too blind to see that though.

JR2004
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
It sounds to me like a planned programming decision. Every analyst can't say the same thing or no one would watch. It sounds to me like you have way too much emotional baggage tied to VY. When you watch these pre-game shows, pretend you are watching the WWE or something. Take it all with a grain of salt and a beer and watch it for the entertainment value.

You need to find a more realistic issue to tie your wagon too; something like hating the Cowboys because Jerry Jones is the owner. That my friend is a REAL problem worth obsessing over. MY prayer to the football Gods is: Please let Jerry Jones go bankrupt so that I may move my loyalities back to the former great Cowboy franchise. I can then knell again at the alter that has the likeness of Roger S, Bob L, George A, DD L, Walt G, Rayfield W, Cornell G, Mel R, Charlie W, Cliff H, and the only Super Bowl MVP from a losing team Chuck H.

Try and make some sense next time...

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think the ones who are really stupid are the ones who act like Vince Young kicks every field goal, makes every block on the offensive line, catches every pass, never gets tackled, makes every tackle. That is more often than not the majority of them. He wasn't lying when he said that VY gets all of the credit and nobody else does, because he's right. A lot of people are too blind to see that though.

And this isn't the same for every team with a superstar? Brady gets ALL the credit for the Patriots and he sure doesn't do it all. Romo gets all the credit for the 'Boys. Steve Smith gets all the credit for the Panthers. L.T. gets all the credit for the Chargers. The list goes on.

I think Vince would be the first to tell you that it isn't all about him. However, I don't think you can argue against the fact that the Titans aren't a good football team. Their O-Line is below average. Their receivers are average at best. Their defense is ranked near the bottom in the entire NFL. Really the only bright spots are Pacman and Travis Henry. Oh yeah, and the field goal kicker Bironas.;)

un b weavable
12-31-2006, 04:02 PM

Give me a freakin break. :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
And this isn't the same for every team with a superstar? Brady gets ALL the credit for the Patriots and he sure doesn't do it all. Romo gets all the credit for the 'Boys. Steve Smith gets all the credit for the Panthers. L.T. gets all the credit for the Chargers. The list goes on.

I think Vince would be the first to tell you that it isn't all about him. However, I don't think you can argue against the fact that the Titans aren't a good football team. Their O-Line is below average. Their receivers are average at best. Their defense is ranked near the bottom in the entire NFL. Really the only bright spots are Pacman and Travis Henry. Oh yeah, and the field goal kicker Bironas.;)

So, does this mean that I should give the superstar all the credit for the loss?

DU_stud04
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
So, does this mean that I should give the superstar all the credit for the loss? no, its the "teams" fault :rolleyes:

stupid superstars...... :evil:

JR2004
12-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Well it was a great run at the end of the season for the Titans. I'm sure Vince will take his fair share of the blame for today, as he should, since he's gotten his fair share of credit for this late-season turnaround. I didn't get to see this one, but his statline is pretty bad to say the least for today. I'd have to give Belichick A LOT of credit today because the guy has come up with so many great game plans over the last several years and it appears that today was another example of that.

Great season though for the Titans overall. I thought they might go 4-12 or 3-13 with how little talent they have on that roster. I can't wait to see what they do in the off-season with all the money and draft picks they have available.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Hell Vince would probably do better than most of the receivers on the depth chart. The field goal kickers don't get in range by themselves either. Someone has to get him there.

un b weavable
12-31-2006, 05:06 PM
With VY going 15 of 36 passing today he finishes a 51.5% completion completion rate on the year, which depending on Michael Vick's performance today, could end up being the worst in the league. Also with his 2 picks today he finishes with more INTs on the season than TDs. I do have to mention though that he has a quarterback rating higher than Joey Harrington, Bruce Gradkowski, AND Andrew Walter, so he's got that going for him. Pretty awesome stats if you ask me. :rolleyes: Yall say he makes everyone around him play better which is a good thing cus he sucks as a quarterback.

JasperDog94
12-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
Yall say he makes everyone around him play better which is a good thing cus he sucks as a quarterback. Ha ha ha ha! I needed a good laugh after my Allas Cowboys lost.:clap: :clap: Good one.:crazy1:

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 05:36 PM
With VY going 15 of 36 passing today he finishes a 51.5% completion completion rate on the year, which depending on Michael Vick's performance today, could end up being the worst in the league. Also with his 2 picks today he finishes with more INTs on the season than TDs. I do have to mention though that he has a quarterback rating higher than Joey Harrington, Bruce Gradkowski, AND Andrew Walter, so he's got that going for him. Pretty awesome stats if you ask me. :rolleyes: Yall say he makes everyone around him play better which is a good thing cus he sucks as a quarterback.

yea well ur a hater......i dont give a rats *ss about stats if the team is winning so put that in ur pipe and smoke it....

hes what 7-3 as a starter or what.....??

either way hes still pretty good....

most of that crap is b/c hes a rook...give him a couple years and when they win a superbowl and he throws 30 tds and 10 ints you can talk all u want

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 06:58 PM

And haters like you fail to go back and look at the ratings of the decent QBs in the league when they were rookies. You also don't mention his rushing yards and touchdowns.

So when he wins the ROY award you keep right on saying he sucks. We'll all keep right on laughing at you.