PDA

View Full Version : Who was at the Alamo Bowl?

injuredinmelee
12-31-2006, 03:57 AM
Wow the game was a good one. The pregame tailgate put on by hornfans.com was superb!!!

wyliegrad04
12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
I was there ... wasn't expecting that good of a game, but glad it was!!

espn1
12-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Being there must have made the difference. I'm gald you guys had a great time. I'm personally glad I sold my tickets, after seeing that game I'm convinced Texas should be rated about 24th. They sucked big time and I'm even more worried about next year.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Emerson1
12-31-2006, 11:33 AM
I had tickets on the 50 from ticketmaster before Texas was announced as going, so I didn't get them.

buff4life
12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
I was in the endzone club level sittin by some classless IOWA fans...but it was fun after the game...lol

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by espn1
Being there must have made the difference. I'm gald you guys had a great time. I'm personally glad I sold my tickets, after seeing that game I'm convinced Texas should be rated about 24th. They sucked big time and I'm even more worried about next year.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Please explain? Colt looked like he was a 100%..he returns ALL of his skill players except Selvin..Yes the D agian got burned BUT they only gave up 24 points. IMO Texas looked better then they have since October. Lets not forget Iowa was a top 15 team that injuries ravaged, they were not a bad 6-6 team

Emerson1
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I am worried about next year to if Greg Davis doesn't get his act together.

Txbroadcaster
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I am worried about next year to if Greg Davis doesn't get his act together.

While I am not his biggest fan, I think people are way to quick to jump on him..yesterday MANY times Texas WR or TE caught the ball and just had to make one move and could not..yet people gripe about Davis..he was putting his players in one on one situations to pick up a yard or two and they could not do it. Who is at fault?

rundoe
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Its my old school.

But my son my wind up on scholarship at A&M. I may have to withhold judgement and root for Aggies, groan.

kaorder1999
12-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
While I am not his biggest fan, I think people are way to quick to jump on him..yesterday MANY times Texas WR or TE caught the ball and just had to make one move and could not..yet people gripe about Davis..he was putting his players in one on one situations to pick up a yard or two and they could not do it. Who is at fault?

i agree. I think its humorous how fans jump on Greg Davis yet they dont see any of his 100-plus hours of work during the week preparing for games and forming gameplans. Bill Parcells said it best when he said most coaches dont go into games with bad gameplans. It's all about execution.

TexanAlum_06
12-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Iowa wasnt a bad team at all. I think the main reasons they were 6-6 was because of injuries and uninspired play from Tate, now of course he played hie best game of the season against us. but then again who doesnt? Greg Davis better put in some power running formations or something because the zone read is about 90% ineffective. and it will remain that way unless Chiles or harris gets in there and runs it a little bit next year. Teams are just keying on the RB's because Colt never keeps it and even if he did hes not much of a threat to do anything with it, so teams are willing to take that risk. and it pays off. Im interested to see if Kindle can get in there next year and play some RB on 3rd down. or Cody Johnson? I swear this year I always hoped they would score from the 20 yard line are farther because they cant run the ball in the redzone.They totally wasted a year of Kindles eligibilty this year. He should of redshirted.

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Lost a lot of respect for Tate last night. He throws that TD and starts doing the Horns down. . .not realizing that his man was lined up wrong and the TD didn't count. Then he turns around and throws a pick in the endzone. Classic. I hope his GPA is good because he won't be playing at the next level.

TexanAlum_06
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah. he has no class. It was funny to see him throw that pic. Pride comes before Destruction. lol.

KTJ
12-31-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by espn1

If that's how you feel, go root for A&M or, even worse, Oklahoma.

A true fan supports the team no matter what. I was there and I had a blast. It was a great game. I don't care how bad the win was...I just wanted the win.

Mack is 6-3 in bowl games.
Texas has won 3 straight bowl games.
Texas has 6 straight years of 10+ wins. NO OTHER PROGRAM IN THE NATION can lay claim to that, except UT.

All around, it was a big momentum builder for next year. With the recruits we have, and the ones we have coming in, I think next year will be a surprise to most people.

Injured---I was at the Hornfans tailgate...didn't stay that long, but I was there.

The crowd was about at 75/25...80/20 split.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 03:59 PM
KTJ I think the defense will be better next year.

injuredinmelee
12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

A true fan supports the team no matter what. I was there and I had a blast. It was a great game. I don't care how bad the win was...I just wanted the win.

Texas has 6 straight years of 10+ wins. NO OTHER PROGRAM IN THE NATION can lay claim to that, except UT.

All around, it was a big momentum builder for next year. With the recruits we have, and the ones we have coming in, I think next year will be a surprise to most people.

Injured---I was at the Hornfans tailgate...didn't stay that long, but I was there.

I was impressed with how loud the Iowa Fans were considering their nubers. They traveled very well. A ton of Iowa fans out down by the River Walk etc. My uncle was the old man that was playing he drinking game with the college kids from Iowa at the Hornfans tailgate.

TexanAlum_06
12-31-2006, 04:07 PM
One things for sure. The Secondary get really get any worse statistically next year then they were this year. I think we will have a better pass rush next year with Orakpo playing full time.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
One things for sure. The Secondary get really get any worse statistically next year then they were this year. I think we will have a better pass rush next year with Orakpo playing full time. Secondary next year will have more cover type players than run support.

TexanAlum_06
12-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah. Im interested to see what Chykie brown might do. or the kid from Gilmer. Marcus Griffin should improve and be pretty solid next year.

injuredinmelee
12-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I wasnt as disappointed in the defense as I was the joke running game.

TexanAlum_06
12-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah same here. we looked like texas Tech out there trying to run the ball. But Hell. Tech's RB had 109 on the ground and 3 TD's.

espn1
12-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Me voicing my opinion about the team doesn't make me less of a fan. I know football and I know what I saw. Besides I've been following Texas since before you were in liquid form.

GOFOR2
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM
I was at the Texas Bowl and the Alamo Bowl. I had a blast. The atmosphere in both was unbelievable, alot better than any normal college game. If I did not have to go to work on the 2nd I would have gone to the Cotton Bowl too.

18handicap
01-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I was the Alamo Bowl too, as a neutral fan. We had front row tickets in the 300 level in the Iowa endzone -- I could look right through the middle of the goalposts when the Allstate sign wasn't down. I had a great time, plus when I wore my LSU pullover on the Riverwalk, I made a lot of friends. I had a lot of fun with a large group of Hawkeye fans -- think I might go up there and watch a game one day. I think a lot of the Texas fans went home after the game because it seemed the Riverwalk had more Iowa fans, and they were outnumbered 10-1 in the Alamodome.

injuredinmelee
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I was the Alamo Bowl too, as a neutral fan. We had front row tickets in the 300 level in the Iowa endzone -- I could look right through the middle of the goalposts when the Allstate sign wasn't down. I had a great time, plus when I wore my LSU pullover on the Riverwalk, I made a lot of friends. I had a lot of fun with a large group of Hawkeye fans -- think I might go up there and watch a game one day. I think a lot of the Texas fans went home after the game because it seemed the Riverwalk had more Iowa fans, and they were outnumbered 10-1 in the Alamodome.

traffic was bad all the way to Austin afterwards. I think all the UT people went home.

Old Green
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I was the Alamo Bowl too, as a neutral fan. We had front row tickets in the 300 level in the Iowa endzone -- I could look right through the middle of the goalposts when the Allstate sign wasn't down. I had a great time, plus when I wore my LSU pullover on the Riverwalk, I made a lot of friends. I had a lot of fun with a large group of Hawkeye fans -- think I might go up there and watch a game one day. I think a lot of the Texas fans went home after the game because it seemed the Riverwalk had more Iowa fans, and they were outnumbered 10-1 in the Alamodome. My sister and Brother in law were there in the same section seat 324.

tap_tx_sinton
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I was there. Had a great time with all the fans. Iowa fans were there everywhere. What a great bunch of fans they brought down.

injuredinmelee
01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
My sister and Brother in law were there in the same section seat 324.

We were in 323.

Old Green
01-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
We were in 323. I was suppose to go till my Brother in law said where they were so I passed on the trip.

Old Green
01-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I was suppose to go till my Brother in law said where they were so I passed on the trip.

Well, if you set next to him, did he get obnoxcious.

pancho villa
01-02-2007, 12:34 AM
My son was at the game said he had a blast. Sat right on the dividing line of UT and Iowa fans and the banter was great. He did say a hot older woman stood right in front of him the whole game(would not sit) doing the horns sign to the Iowa fans but would not look at them.

buff4life
01-02-2007, 11:38 PM
speakin of that topic...i was at the Texas/OU game and i sat right on the 50 yard line and i saw a ut student standing in the middle of all the OU fans in a section over...he never sat down and never said a word, just stood there with both hands in the air giving the hook 'em sign