PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 66 Tonight

VanKampen
12-30-2006, 06:18 PM
this will be the biggest event in MMA history.

Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz
Forrest Griffin vs Keith Jardine
Andrei Arlovski vs Marcio Cruz
Michael Bisping vs Eric Shafer
Chris Leben vs Jason McDonald

these will be 5 great fights. everyone should order it.

stxfootballfan
12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
going to be some great matches!

DU_stud04
12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
:turns on fight night:

halfnhalf
12-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Anyone watching it that can give results??

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Anyone watching it that can give results??

Chuck Lidell was taken away by an ambulance. He was not breathing. Tito got his revenge. I just hope they can revive him.

SWMustang
12-31-2006, 12:03 AM
I wonder if that would alter UFC - having someone die? Boxing moved away from 15 rounds and the refs were much quicker to stop fights after Ray Boom boom Mancini killed a korean boxer

carter08
12-31-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I wonder if that would alter UFC - having someone die? Boxing moved away from 15 rounds and the refs were much quicker to stop fights after Ray Boom boom Mancini killed a korean boxer

the russian killed apollo creed

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2006, 12:07 AM
I was just kidding, I've been watching movies all night.

SWMustang
12-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I was just kidding, I've been watching movies all night.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

ya had me going!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
:mad: :mad: :mad:

ya had me going!

My bad, don't go UFC on me. haha

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 12:41 AM
nah really though does ne body know who won these fights b/c i really want to know.......

DaHop72
12-31-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
nah really though does ne body know who won these fights b/c i really want to know....... Liddell beats Oritz by questionable referee stoppage in the 3rd round.

football4life
12-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Liddell beats Oritz by questionable referee stoppage in the 3rd round.

yea tito was definitely on his way up, but it was the second time he had been taking a pounding on the ground. liddell was in control the whole way i thought, but tito did hang tough this time.

football4life
12-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by VanKampen
this will be the biggest event in MMA history.

Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz
Forrest Griffin vs Keith Jardine
Andrei Arlovski vs Marcio Cruz
Michael Bisping vs Eric Shafer
Chris Leben vs Jason McDonald

these will be 5 great fights. everyone should order it.

winners:
Liddell
Jardine(surprise IMO)
arlovski
bisping
mcDonald

necks_c/09
12-31-2006, 05:25 PM
thanks

Dominicfrank
01-02-2007, 06:03 PM
NOt sure who watches, but I CANT BELIEVE Griffen lost to Jardine. I dont think much of Jardine after watching him on TUFF and after the Bonner fight. I bet Griffen comes back like a mad man, he lost millions of dollars by losing this fight. Liddell is just unstoppable. I cant wait for Cro Crop to fight over here and look for Fedor to follow sometime in 2008. Rampage/Liddell will be a good fight. I wouldnt mind seeing Silva over here either.

Blastoderm55
01-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
NOt sure who watches, but I CANT BELIEVE Griffen lost to Jardine. I dont think much of Jardine after watching him on TUFF and after the Bonner fight. I bet Griffen comes back like a mad man, he lost millions of dollars by losing this fight. Liddell is just unstoppable. I cant wait for Cro Crop to fight over here and look for Fedor to follow sometime in 2008. Rampage/Liddell will be a good fight. I wouldnt mind seeing Silva over here either.

The PPV was great. Bisping looked pretty good. His win was the only pick that I had go right for the evening. I was hoping Leban would wipe that pretty-boy smile off the face of McDonald, but in his own words, he "****** up". Arlovski looked to be in good form, and every person watching the fight at Fatso's Sports Garden yelled when he clocked Cruz while on the mat. Griffin's loss to Jardine was shocking, especially considering the fashion in which he was dispatched. Jardine was playing b-ball with his skull for a while until the stoppage.

Sadly, I figured Tito wouldn't beat Liddell, which pissed me off because Liddell's fans were so freaking annoying. I really was hoping Ortiz would get Fat Boy to the mat, but his sprawling is too good, and his constant stalking really had Tito off-balance. Oh well. Hopefully Rampage will shut him up and send him packing to an appearance on Dancing With The Stars.

Dominicfrank
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, I am one of those Liddell Fans, but I had a feeling that Tito was going to win. Not sure why but I thought Tito wouldnt go all Fred Ettish when Liddell came in with a flurry of punches. I was amazed that even though Chuck wasnt even connecting the fight was called. Jardine still baffels me, he isnt that good, but now that I think about it Forrest has never really impressed with his knock out ability, he can last a while but never against good strickers. In fact after that performance I wouldnt think he could get past 3 minutes against Liddell where I thought he would cause problems before this last fight. I would like to see Rampage fight Chuck but I think Rampage is past his prime. His last Pride fights were terrible and he looked spent. He is a victim of getting morally defeated by Silva.

stxfootballfan
01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Chuck tore his ACL three weeks before the fight with Tito and hid it from the UFC. The Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended Chuck from fighting untill June 30th. Also Jardine has a great trainer and training partners I figured he would beat Forrest. His trainer is Greg Jackson from New Mexico who also trains Diego Sanchez and Rashad Evans. St. Pierre spent time in New Mexico training with Greg Jacksons fighters to return a favor of them helping prepare him for the Hughes fight. St Pierre injured his knee also and has pulled out of the Feb PPV.

UFC 69: APRIL 7, 2007 IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

The fight card is not yet known, but UFC 69 is now scheduled to take place on April 7th in Houston, Texas. This event was originally scheduled to take place in Montreal, Canada

Blastoderm55
01-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan

UFC 69: APRIL 7, 2007 IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

The fight card is not yet known, but UFC 69 is now scheduled to take place on April 7th in Houston, Texas. This event was originally scheduled to take place in Montreal, Canada

:eek: Is that official? I didn't realize UFC had sanctioning in Texas. Good grief, I'm gonna get tickets! :D

Did you see the rumors for the Ohio show in March?

-Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Brandon Vera [dependent on Vera's contract negotiations]
-Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight)* vs. Jason MacDonald
-Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight)* vs. TBA
-Karo Parisyan (#5 Welterweight)* vs. TBA
-Mike Swick vs. TBA
-Assuerio Silva vs. TBA

I hope Franklin finally dirties up the pretty face of Jason MacDonald. I wonder if Diego will be getting the shot at Matt to determine the number one contender. Could be moot, as Matt should be guaranteed a rematch regardless.

stxfootballfan
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
:eek: Is that official? I didn't realize UFC had sanctioning in Texas. Good grief, I'm gonna get tickets! :D

Did you see the rumors for the Ohio show in March?

-Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Brandon Vera [dependent on Vera's contract negotiations]
-Rich Franklin (#5 Middleweight)* vs. Jason MacDonald
-Matt Hughes (#2 Welterweight)* vs. TBA
-Karo Parisyan (#5 Welterweight)* vs. TBA
-Mike Swick vs. TBA
-Assuerio Silva vs. TBA

I hope Franklin finally dirties up the pretty face of Jason MacDonald. I wonder if Diego will be getting the shot at Matt to determine the number one contender. Could be moot, as Matt should be guaranteed a rematch regardless.

Matt was supposed to fight St. Pierre April 9 in Montreal but Matt backed out and chose to fight in March in his home state(smart move on Matts part he needs a couple of fights before he fights St Pierre again), some other things fell through with Montreal and the show was moved to Houston, Maybe St Pierre will fight Serra in Houston since they ppd the Febuary fight

Dominicfrank
01-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Interesting stuff guys. Not sure where you got all that info, I only go to Sherdog.com, is there a better site ? If there is a Houston show I am going to freak! I do see Hughes as the kind that would back out of a rematch so soon. He is a good fighter and I was heart broken when he beat my boy BJ. BJ went for it all at the bell, if that bell had been 25 seconds later Matt loses to BJ. Oh well ! Rush is just too good, the only one that can challenge him is BJ. Is Gomi in his weight class ? I think Pride is going out of business folks so look for all the Superstars to come running soon. I think Vera will beat Slyvia pretty easily when they fight. I would love to see that LIVE ! Was Chuck supposed fight before June? Does thast suspention effect any fights ?

Blastoderm55
01-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Interesting stuff guys. Not sure where you got all that info, I only go to Sherdog.com, is there a better site ? If there is a Houston show I am going to freak! I do see Hughes as the kind that would back out of a rematch so soon. He is a good fighter and I was heart broken when he beat my boy BJ. BJ went for it all at the bell, if that bell had been 25 seconds later Matt loses to BJ. Oh well ! Rush is just too good, the only one that can challenge him is BJ. Is Gomi in his weight class ? I think Pride is going out of business folks so look for all the Superstars to come running soon. I think Vera will beat Slyvia pretty easily when they fight. I would love to see that LIVE ! Was Chuck supposed fight before June? Does thast suspention effect any fights ?

The Bible (http://mmaweekly.com)

It wouldn't make sense for Hughes to fight St. Pierre in his native country, and with St. Pierre's knee injury, it won't happen anyway. I've never seen Vera fight, but I'll root for anyone against Sylvia. Liddell was supposed to get Griffin next had Jardine not KOed him, so the lightweight picture is a bit of a mess. Thankfully his ACL injury will actually give the division time to sort itself out and determine who gets the title shot.

stxfootballfan
01-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Also try www.mma.tv

Dominicfrank
01-05-2007, 12:15 PM
yeah, the Chuck injury does give us a chance to see what will happen to settle the dust.

Vera is for real or should I say "The Truth". He doesn't let himself get hit a lot so I am not sure about his chin. I do think that he is twice the fighter Sylvia is. I think Vera is the only guy who can last a few rounds with Cro Crop. Man I cant wait to see this guy in the ring. I like watching him more than Fedor even though it is a close second! I really want to see Cro Crop fight little timmy though, I want to see that high kick go all the way up there and knock him lancky butt out.

I dont see who is going to challenge GSP unless BJ comes back. There is noone !

stxfootballfan
01-05-2007, 03:04 PM
and www.UFCjunkie.com

stxfootballfan
01-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Last weekend's UFC 66 event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada generated $5,397,300 in gross ticket sales, which is more than any other event in UFC history.

Using the most conservative possible estimates for the UFC PPV events that took place in late 2006, the gross PPV revenue that was generated by the UFC's ten PPV events in 2006 surpassed $200 million.

Top PPV Buys of 2006 UFC 66 Official #s not in yet
UFC 66 Lidell-Ortiz-Estimated 1.2 million
De La Hoya-Mayorga - 900,000
UFC 61 Shamrock-Ortiz 2, Sylvia-Arlovski 2 - 775,000
UFC 63 Hughes-Penn 2 - 700,000
UFC 60 Gracie-Hughes - 620,000
UFC 59 Ortiz-Griffin, Sylvia-Arlovski 1 - 425,000
UFC 57 Liddell-Couture 3 - 405,000
Vargas-Mosley - 400,000

Keep in mind that many of these events were priced differently. MMA PPV’s are usually cheaper than Boxing PPV’s. Also, aside from Spike’s Ultimate Fight Night series, live MMA can only be seen on PPV while live boxing has many outlets. Nevertheless it’s still interesting to see how the top MMA PPV’s match up with the top Boxing PPV’s.

Blastoderm55
01-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Not too bad for Zuffa. They're really growing their company. I've seen a syndicated series on a Spanish network in addition to all their Spike programming. Word is they're trying to expand even more into syndication. I wish they'd just go balls out and have a live, one hour slot to go head-to-head with wrestling on Mondays. Can have all the pre-fight pomp and circumstance, along with past fight highlights and preparations, and then give the fight itself enough time for three rounds. I love the shows that are already on Spike, but some good live programming outside of UFN would be awesome, even if it does include non-main card fighters.

NDFootball
01-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Ortiz is an idiot...I'm glad he got humbled a little bit after all this Shamrock vs. Ortiz crap

Blastoderm55
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
The Natural to come out of retirement to face Sylvia in March! (http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3251&zoneid=2)