PDA

View Full Version : Creer to visit Jan. 19th

LitanyofFury
12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Official word now is that Tatum's star RB Lennon Creer will be making an official visit to Austin on the 19th. All indications are that he's pretty interested now in the Horns and we've got the inside track on signing him. Some are worried it might hurt our recruiting chances with Calhoun next year tho.

Supposedly Creer is a beast. I know Sweetwater saw him last year in the semis, right? I haven't watched film on him yet, is he a beast and worth picking up?

big daddy russ
12-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Official word now is that Tatum's star RB Lennon Creer will be making an official visit to Austin on the 19th. All indications are that he's pretty interested now in the Horns and we've got the inside track on signing him. Some are worried it might hurt our recruiting chances with Calhoun next year tho.

Supposedly Creer is a beast. I know Sweetwater saw him last year in the semis, right? I haven't watched film on him yet, is he a beast and worth picking up?
I thought ya'll had already handed out all 25 scholarships? Maybe not. If not, an incredible class just got better.

JR2004
12-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Supposedly Creer is a beast.

There's no supposedly about it. There's been two players I've watched play against Madison the last three years in the playoffs that you knew were better than any player on Madison's roster. One was Manuel Johnson from Gilmer and the other was Creer. Tatum's offense couldn't do a darn thing against Madison all game long with Creer being the lone exception. That kid alone denied Madison a chance at a state title in 2005. Whichever school winds up with him is going to be very, VERY happy to have him lining up in the backfield.

charlesrixey
12-30-2006, 04:50 PM
i'm waiting on an answer to the scholarship question

heard it being bandied about recently

wouldn't mind having creer to replace Charles in a few

JR2004
12-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i'm waiting on an answer to the scholarship question

heard it being bandied about recently

wouldn't mind having creer to replace Charles in a few

In the past when Texas has been in a situation where all of their scholarships have been filled, they've usually wound up having someone already on the team transfer thus opening a scholarship up where one was not previously available. If Creer wants to come to Texas, he'll have a scholarship waiting on him.

charlesrixey
12-30-2006, 05:40 PM
we'll see, but if it only happens once this year, i'll take Kinne over Creer any day

tigerpride_08
12-30-2006, 05:58 PM
i saw highlight film on Creer on Rivals and he outran a guy who clearly had the corner on him..simply amazing...

JR2004
12-30-2006, 06:20 PM
we'll see, but if it only happens once this year, i'll take Kinne over Creer any day

The only scenario I would take Kinne over Creer in is if UT's coaches feel like he's talented enough to step in if McCoy gets injured again next season. I think Creer is as talented (Charles is faster, but Creer is more complete in my opinion) as any back UT has on scholarship right now. If they aren't going to let Kindle play tailback full-time like he wants (and should be doing instead of playing LB) then get Creer on the field and turn him loose on the Big XII next year early and often if he elects to go to UT.

charlesrixey
12-30-2006, 06:22 PM
I hesitate to say that Lennon Creer is better than Jamaal Charles

charlesrixey
12-30-2006, 06:22 PM
have to see something from creer on this level first

JR2004
12-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I hesitate to say that Lennon Creer is better than Jamaal Charles

I don't. I think Charles is a great back with speed that few possess at that position. Having watched Creer in person though I'd put him in there from day one and let him split carries with Charles if UT won't let Kindle play some tailback.

I wished I'd have gotten to see Creer again this year. No doubt in my mind that he would have carried Tatum to back-to-back DII titles in 3A. It was cool that they were able to repeat in 2A, but it would've been nice to see them do it again in 3A.

LitanyofFury
12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok, I'm not for sure on this but I think we have 3 open.

From what I understand we had 1 scholly open, then Matt Nader went down with his heart problem. Mack is honoring his scholly but I don't think it counts towards our total numbers, so that's 2 open. Then Brantley decomits which makes 3. We used up 1 on Kinne and now we're going after Christian Scott and Lennon. I think that's right but I'm not 100% positive.

Our RB position will be nice with Creer thrown in there. Jamaal, Vondrell McGee, and Creer would be a loaded backfield and then we've got some good kids like Calhoun lined up for '08.

RdaleBoi08
12-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Don't Forget Cobb From Pflugerville

tigerpride_08
12-30-2006, 09:27 PM
i think everyone has forgotton about Henry Melton...

Txbroadcaster
12-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i think everyone has forgotton about Henry Melton...

That is because his play has been forgettable.

tigerpride_08
12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That is because his play has been forgettable.

well heck they hardley used him this year, i remember last year he would mostly be the one taking it in for the score in the red zone...

STANG RED
12-31-2006, 02:55 AM

Creer has the entire package to make any D1 school better. If Texas really has a shot at him, they better do what ever it takes to get him, cause he will be something special.

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I've been reading up on him today and Creer looks like someone we need to pick up.

FYI. . .Melton is playing DE now. Hopefully he'll find the gumption to get stuff done on that side of the ball, because he's been a failure running it as of late.

injuredinmelee
12-31-2006, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I've been reading up on him today and Creer looks like someone we need to pick up.

FYI. . .Melton is playing DE now. Hopefully he'll find the gumption to get stuff done on that side of the ball, because he's been a failure running it as of late.

Melton thinks he is a 185 rb who can hit a corner. He turns his back when he gets to the line of scrimmage and shouldnt have toted the rock after the first game this year. He will help the team more at DE. I wish we would leave Kindle at LB.

WildTexan
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I don't. I think Charles is a great back with speed that few possess at that position. Having watched Creer in person though I'd put him in there from day one and let him split carries with Charles if UT won't let Kindle play some tailback.

I wished I'd have gotten to see Creer again this year. No doubt in my mind that he would have carried Tatum to back-to-back DII titles in 3A. It was cool that they were able to repeat in 2A, but it would've been nice to see them do it again in 3A.

Tatum would not have even made the Finals this year in 3A....and you can take that to the bank....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok, I'm not for sure on this but I think we have 3 open.

From what I understand we had 1 scholly open, then Matt Nader went down with his heart problem. Mack is honoring his scholly but I don't think it counts towards our total numbers, so that's 2 open. Then Brantley decomits which makes 3. We used up 1 on Kinne and now we're going after Christian Scott and Lennon. I think that's right but I'm not 100% positive.

Our RB position will be nice with Creer thrown in there. Jamaal, Vondrell McGee, and Creer would be a loaded backfield and then we've got some good kids like Calhoun lined up for '08.

He honored Nader's scholarship? Wow, good for Mack Brown and UT. That's a very classy thing to do.

LitanyofFury
12-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
He honored Nader's scholarship? Wow, good for Mack Brown and UT. That's a very classy thing to do.

Yeah, I saw Nader get interviewed during the championship game against SLC. According to him Mack's letting him be an assistant coach or something for the team. Pretty cool stuff.

Emerson1
12-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Ya, he is gonna learn the offense the first year. Then next year he will help coach the offensive line

Why? The only way Kinne gets playing time is if McCoy gets hurt. Then he still has to beat out Harris and Chiles. Texas has 1 back returning with playing time, so Creer and Vondrell will battle for the other load carries.

well heck they hardley used him this year, i remember last year he would mostly be the one taking it in for the score in the red zone...

Because he tried to run like he ran a 4.2. He would never lower his shoulders and run over someone, he played the entire game against SHSU and had under 100 yards.

Old Tiger
12-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Vondrell is amazing. It's like watching a dude run on air and he is so quick.

Tatum_Fan
01-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan
Tatum would not have even made the Finals this year in 3A....and you can take that to the bank....

LOL, just like Celina wouldn't have a state championship in 05 if Tatum were in 2A...and you can take that to where ever you like

Matthew328
01-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Lennon Creer IMO is a better running back than Charles...great combo of size, speed and vision..

Creer is a beast

tigerpride_08
01-13-2007, 10:03 PM
do ya'll think if he signed with Texas would he redshirt next year...:confused:

LitanyofFury
01-13-2007, 11:39 PM
do ya'll think if he signed with Texas would he redshirt next year...:confused:

Definitely possible. The Horns still have Charles who will get the majority of the carries and Vondrell McGee who is supposed to be awesome as well.

I really don't know if we sign this kid or not. He's been REALLY wishy-washy on his statements as of late. Also, the Horns have got some high profile kids they're looking to pick up at RB in '08 like Jermie Calhoun (freak!). Not to mention in this class there's also Fozzy Whittaker who ain't no slouch himself....

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
LOL, just like Celina wouldn't have a state championship in 05 if Tatum were in 2A...and you can take that to where ever you like

Tatum returned the majority of their starters and lost two games, one to a second tier 2A team. Doesn't sound like a comparison to the previous year when celina scored 803 points and gave up 75

Then tatum gets blown out by Gilmer

Pewitt would have beaten tatum last year

Seems to me like Texan, obnoxious as though he might be, has a little bit of a point

I don't believe Lennon Creer is better than Charles, but i certainly won't mind if he is.

charlesrixey
01-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Melton had almost 600 yards last year along with double-digit touchdowns. With he and Ramonce taylor out of the running back rotation, i think our ground game was more predictable, which ultimately hurt our offense. Don't know what happened to Melton, but he didn't seem to have as much confidence as last year. With all of the backs already in place and several others recruited, Creer is not a must have for this class. I would rather them go pick up another defensive back

sweetwater07
01-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan

lol just like Tatum won state last year when no one had ever heard of them until the quarters and everyone is saying whos this team??.....Creer is a beast and i think they're balanced attack would have beaten LH and Celina this year....i saw Creer first hand and wow..is this kid good...i can't wait to see the QB from Tatum #10...last year as a sophmore was nice and this year as a junior yet another state title..hes going somewhere Div. 1 for sure!!

charlesrixey
01-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Cedric Benson=Beast
Rodney Thomas=Beast

Lennon Creer=a cut below, just like every other recruit in texas backfield this year.

charlesrixey
01-14-2007, 12:22 AM
name a defense Tatum played last year comparable to Celina's or Liberty Hill's.

Brownsboro?
Dallas Madison?

14 points vs. Brownsboro?

EAGLE9166
01-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Seems we have a fan name rixely, shoulda coulda and woulda, Back to Back baby, and going for 3 in a row, the QB # was #19 has any QB won three in a row.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Adam Herrin, QB for Celina 1998-2000, is the only Texas High School Quarterback to start 3 full state championship seasons, and win all three years.

charlesrixey
01-15-2007, 09:33 PM
since you asked