PDA

View Full Version : Sports that you like to watch regularly.

Phil C
12-11-2003, 12:02 PM
I like all sports but there are several that I mainly watch. The male sports that I watch are football, basketball and baseball. The female sports that I watch are volleyball, basketball, soccer, and softball (my favorite). Of course I watch others but the ones above are on a regular basis. I really go all out for the local high school girls' sports because they don't get the support that the boys get and that seems to be the main trend statewide. That is why I encourage everyone to attend the girls sports.

BIG19
12-11-2003, 12:11 PM
High school football, baseball and softball.

sahen
12-11-2003, 12:18 PM
i watch mainly college football, basketball, and baseball...i watchi highschool football, pro football, and pro baseball and a little pro hockey ..baseball and football are my favorites though...basketball can be interesting but for me its all about baseball and football!

HotDawg89
12-11-2003, 12:21 PM
High school and college football, and professional basketball...love it love it love it. You guys think I am crazy for football- I LOVE Pumpkin Ball! I just really enjoy the pro series the most... all the other games honestly bore me- but when it is on the line- that is when the watching is good!

pirate4state
12-11-2003, 12:46 PM
At the high school level I enjoy watching football, baseball, softball & track.

College level: baseball, football & basketball but only during March Madness :D and last year Phil had me watching UT softball!! lol

Pro: football & hockey. I enjoy baseball in the fall, tennis when Andre is playing :) & I'm an old school basketball fan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, et al & of course, Michael Jordan. I can't stand today's basketball!! :mad:

Old No. 7
12-11-2003, 12:53 PM
BIG19:
High school football, baseball and softball.I agree. I also like to watch Bull riding every sunday night. :)

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2003, 12:55 PM
pro baseball, pro hockey, football on any level, and NASCAR!

Old Cardinal
12-11-2003, 01:06 PM
I watch Select team events and my favorite is Girls Softball. I like HS, all sports for boys or girls. Basketball because of the officiating blindness is my least favorite. I enjoy the college Softball and Baseball a great deal. I have an outside satelite and there is plenty of that broadcast. I even watched the Illinois Classes 1-A thru 8-A State state Championships for HS. They play them all in the same stadium-some of Fri. night and all day Saturday.

Keith7
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
College football and pro football and of course High school football.. Pro Baseball, High School baseball, Junior college baseball (cuz i dont have to travel to see games) and High School basketball, College basketball, and Pro sometimes; I used to love hockey and Nascar but i grew tired of them as i've gotten older.. as for my favorite women's sports, I love Mud wrestling, and races to do laundry, mop the floor, and cook dinner

Keith7
12-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Old Cardinal:
I watch Select team events and my favorite is Girls Softball. I like HS, all sports for boys or girls. Basketball because of the officiating blindness is my least favorite. I enjoy the college Softball and Baseball a great deal. I have an outside satelite and there is plenty of that broadcast. I even watched the Illinois Classes 1-A thru 8-A State state Championships for HS. They play them all in the same stadium-some of Fri. night and all day Saturday.One year I went up to chicago to visit family for the holidays and they were playing state championships at soldier field (at least tahts what my uncle thought) and i wanted to go but they wanted to go to the stupid museum instead

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
Does the World Series of Poker count as a sport?

CentralTxFan
12-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Old Cardinal:
I even watched the Illinois Classes 1-A thru 8-A State state Championships for HS. They play them all in the same stadium-some of Fri. night and all day Saturday.Old Card...that was interesting I bet. I wonder how their classes are divided up and what size is the largest school in Ill?

Bell_06
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Without a doubt my favorite to watch is girls fastpitch softball, volleyball has a lot of excitement to it... I can't get enough Professional Baseball. We will when available watch cheerleading competitions oh and twirling now that is a art/sport all rolled into one

Diboll_Lumberjackk
12-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Right now the only sport i like to really really watch is High School football :) i really want to be interested in other sports like hs ball but its kinda hard to get into it :S

Cat22
12-11-2003, 02:26 PM
High School Football is my number one. Followed by High School girls basketball, then track and field. If you have never been to the state track meet, I highly recommend it. It's a great showcase of the talent we have here in Texas. I also try to catch baseball and softball.

bulldogvet85
12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
high school football, then the NFL then NBA cuz i usually go to hooters to watch the games especially during the playoffs. I like to watch RUGBY TOO man that is awesome and on occasions I like to watch womens soccer cuz man some of those chicks are hot!!!

Phil C
12-11-2003, 02:34 PM
Cr they show it on ESPN so I would think it would count.

BullFrog Dad
12-11-2003, 02:51 PM
Any team sport high school, college, pro level. Here's a sport you might enjoy even if for one time. My son was in it for 4 years before HS football stole his heart. Motocross! I don't mean the freestyle jumping but the actual racing on the track with all the obstacles.

Old Cardinal
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Kieth 7, I believe they are always at Soldier Field. I will try to watch it again next year. Keith, it's been fun watching you mature on here. I can see Keith in a couple of decades with two daughters, wanting Daddy to come see them play a ball game. I can also see Keith with a grandaughter later that likes to play sports. Keith, at 4 pm today, I will be in a gym watching my 13 year old grandaughter play basketball-and you know what: I don't like basketball, but I cherish seeing that grandaughter play...In 1993, I came within a hare's breath of dying in an Intensive Care Unit. In my weakest moment, I remember uttering a prayer "Lord, I sure would appreciate if you would alter the course of things and allow me to live to see these two grandchildren grow to maturity".
To Central Texas Fan: I guess their eight classification system is like Texas cutting out the two divisions and setting up 8 enrollment groupings. They played pretty good football. The one thing I noticed different was that on a lot of spreads, they deep-hyked the ball to a lone QB-- that puts 5 receivers out for a possible reception. Those same teams had no problem jumping into various power football set for short yardage situations or justing to try to ball control under certain conditions; to augment the spread. Of course these are their elite teams, but the Coaching seemed to eliminate those stupid mistakes that we all sometimes see.

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2003, 04:53 PM
HS: Football, girls basketball, baseball
COllege: GONZAGA BULLDOG BASKETBALL!!!

Wildcat81
12-11-2003, 05:24 PM
MLB Houston Astros
Dallas Cowboys