PDA

View Full Version : Man Sells Dog For Beer!!!

ILS1
12-29-2006, 02:37 PM
BERLIN (Reuters) - A thirsty German sold his 6-year-old step-daughter's pet beagle to the owner of a bar to pay for beer, the Bild newspaper reported Friday.

The unemployed man offered to take the dog for a walk and then stopped at a bar where he convinced the owner to buy the 3-year-old dog for 40 euros ($53).

The man spent the proceeds quenching his thirst for beer. The bar owner has now returned the dog to its owner.

Dog Sold For Beer (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061229/od_nm/germany_dog_dc)

Luckily for the dog it wasn't the Far East. Or he would've been DINNER instead!!!

:p :p

TheDOCTORdre
12-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Luckily for the dog it wasn't the Far East. Or he would've been DINNER instead!!!

:p :p

chinese sure does sound good

44INAROW
12-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
BERLIN (Reuters) - The bar owner has now returned the dog to its owner.

Thank heavens the bar owner has a conscience

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean maybe the dog was aggressive and not suited for a child and will guard the bar and it was a win win for everyone.

AggieJohn
12-29-2006, 04:28 PM
it's like the ultimate question

dogdad
12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean maybe the dog was aggressive and not suited for a child and will guard the bar and it was a win win for everyone.

it's a beagle
it's Snoopy for God sakes.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
it's a beagle
it's Snoopy for God sakes.

Haha you are probably right.

But how many of yall remember what it was like in college to need beer and not be able to afford it. I mean we went to every room of a dorm one time my freshmen year and asked for a quarter and came out with like $20.00. Maybe I have a drinking problem but I'd trade a beagle for $53 worth of beer anyday.;)

olddawggreen
12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
The dog might have been better off with the bartender than the jerk that traded it for beer. You know he puts a lot more importance in his beer than he does the dogs food.:mad:

gobbler grad
12-29-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Haha you are probably right.

But how many of yall remember what it was like in college to need beer and not be able to afford it. I mean we went to every room of a dorm one time my freshmen year and asked for a quarter and came out with like $20.00. Maybe I have a drinking problem but I'd trade a beagle for $53 worth of beer anyday.;)

:dispntd: :dispntd: send you to college to get education and you become an alcoholic...:crying:

alot of them do that now...freshman year anyway

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
:dispntd: :dispntd: send you to college to get education and you become an alcoholic...:crying:

alot of them do that now...freshman year anyway

I really don't think it's a new thing.