PDA

View Full Version : Dang this isnt good

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 07:32 AM
TX teams are 1-2 in bowl action now, right? Figured A&M would lose but thought our great state would be 2-1 at this point.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:17 AM
there's still time for some saving graces, g.

Texas should, i repeat SHOULD win handily

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
there's still time for some saving graces, g.

Texas should, i repeat SHOULD win handily
I hope so, they better not come in deflated like they did against A&M though.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Iowa actually has a chance in this game.

Didn't watch the second half last night, but Cal certainly seemed to be controlling the tempo even though they were ahead by only ten

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 09:23 AM
If Iowa gives Texas a game even, that is bad, Texas better win by about 21-28 points, Iowa is bad, just snuck into a bowl game.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
what i don't understand is how they were a top-ten team to start the season, they haven't been good for two years or more.

But i would never count drew tate out

wait, is he injured?

My Longhorns really need this one to regain some confidence, especially with Colt having some struggles with his injuries

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 09:27 AM
I agree, Iowa isnt all that great but the effect to losing to K State and A&M might be bad. All year they had BCS in thier inflated heads and now its the Alamo Bowl. Hopefully this will affect them in a positive way but who knows how this thing is going to play out.

Adidas410s
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech should put a good beating on Minnesota tonight as well if the offense can go pretty well. If Tech can put up 35 points they should win as the only time the Gophers broke 35 points they were playing Kent St, Temple, and Indiana.

We also have the intriguing Houston vs South Carolina matchup this afternoon in the Liberty Bowl. Sure would love to see Briles get a win against a big conference school finally.

SWMustang
12-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Tech should put a good beating on Minnesota tonight as well if the offense can go pretty well. If Tech can put up 35 points they should win as the only time the Gophers broke 35 points they were playing Kent St, Temple, and Indiana.

We also have the intriguing Houston vs South Carolina matchup this afternoon in the Liberty Bowl. Sure would love to see Briles get a win against a big conference school finally.

He got a win over Okie State this year.

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

TTU rolls in this one! SC sneaks by the Cougars though.

LitanyofFury
12-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Supposedly Colt is 100% now and ready to go. If he is then I think the Horns will be fine. If he isn't. . .could be a close one.

Adidas410s
12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
He got a win over Okie State this year.
doh...forgot about that one! :doh:

Bullaholic
12-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I'd much rather see the Texas schools and some of the old SWC teams like Arkansas and TCU playing each other in some of these bowls. There would be lots more fan interest and attendance, plus better games.

JasperDog94
12-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
If Iowa gives Texas a game even, that is bad, Texas better win by about 21-28 points, Iowa is bad, just snuck into a bowl game. I think it comes down to Colt McCoy. If he's really healthy, then Texas rolls. If they're just blowing smoke again, Texas could be in trouble.

Bull Butter
12-29-2006, 10:55 AM
When does Briles take on the "Ol' Ball Coach"? Is that one today?

LitanyofFury
12-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
When does Briles take on the "Ol' Ball Coach"? Is that one today?

Yep. Today at 3:30 central on ESPN.

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Hmmm, might have to go make a "sales call" and head to Wizzards and see this one

buff4life
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Supposedly Colt is 100% now and ready to go. If he is then I think the Horns will be fine. If he isn't. . .could be a close one.

i saw Colt at Academy in Austin two weeks ago and talked to him and he said he was 100% but he didn't want to tell the media yet