PDA

View Full Version : Holliday Bowl

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Aggies had a very impressive first drive. Cal got in a rythym and scored as well. Hopefully Cal will start turning over the ball.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Let's go Cal!!!!!!!

carter08
12-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Who wants to be this thread gets closed?

GO CAL!!!
GO AGGIES!!!

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Who wants to be this thread gets closed?

GO CAL!!!
GO AGGIES!!!

It won't get closed if everyone can be nice to each other. :)

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 09:01 PM
TD CAL!!!!!

Cal - 14
A&M - 7

Come on Cal. Ride that train!:cheerl: :cheerl:

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
TD CAL!!!!!

Cal - 14
A&M - 7

Come on Cal. Ride that train!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Someone trying to stir the pot ?

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Someone trying to stir the pot ? I'm just picking up the slack for Keith.:)

carter08
12-28-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm just picking up the slack for Keith.:)

Do you want to end up ROM like him too
Don't test the anti-college people

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Whoo-hoo ! Int by the Aggies

Hansum Stranger
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Do you want to end up ROM like him too
Don't test the anti-college people

I don't think it's anti-college as much as it's anti-college bashing.

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 09:18 PM
We have to stop with the stupid penalties !

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Whoops. Went back and checked my bowl pick'em list. I picked Cal.:D

Go Lynch!
Go Bears!!

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Whoops. Went back and checked my bowl pick'em list. I picked Cal.:D

Go Lynch!
Go Bears!!

And an Aggie Basher hath spoken..............

rcbulldog34
12-28-2006, 09:41 PM
GO CAL!!!

Hook'em

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Go Iowa Hawkeyes !:D

JJ7997
12-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh brother.......... Somebody better wake up quick !

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 10:33 PM
don't look good for the maroon and white...:(

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Looks like the real Aggsy bashers are the Cal Golden Bears. Maybe time to change the channel.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Looks like the real Aggsy bashers are the Cal Golden Bears. Maybe time to change the channel.

I think you need to learn how to spell.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Maybe someone other than Heard could have put more pressure on the QB.:)

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think you need to learn how to spell.

I think you need to grow a brain. Aggsy is an inside joke among the 'Bloods and other Horn faithful. Along with Franochino, "Little Debbie", "hold the rope", and a plethora of others.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I think you need to grow a brain. Aggsy is an inside joke among the 'Bloods and other Horn faithful. Along with Franochino, "Little Debbie", "hold the rope", and a plethora of others.

Okay, scratch the spelling comment, and substitute tact and maturity in there. You're not making anyone look bad but yourself.

GreenMachine
12-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Aggies defense is absent once again :(

BreckTxLonghorn
12-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Go Iowa Hawkeyes !:D

Hey now, you can wait until Saturday for that:)

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Okay, scratch the spelling comment, and substitute tact and maturity in there. You're not making anyone look bad but yourself.

You're an expert at making yourself look bad so I guess you'd know. When do you NOT pick fights with people? Listen man, I know you're taking the butt-whipping the Ags are getting pretty tough but it'll be ok. No reason to go around trying to start nonsense.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Aggies defense is absent once again :(

We can't defend against the pass because we keep running a zone and Cal keeps hitting the soft spots, and then we can't stop the run because they won't put anyone in the box. It should be a no brainer, our defense is getting ran over. I'm disgusted.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:05 PM
You're an expert at making yourself look bad so I guess you'd know. When do you NOT pick fights with people? Listen man, I know you're taking the butt-whipping the Ags are getting pretty tough but it'll be ok. No reason to go around trying to start nonsense.

Aggsy is apparently an insult, and intended to be one. You've shown that you have no class whatsoever, not me. I didn't say anything that wasn't completely obvious to anyone, you're being immature and have no tact whatsoever.

For the record, you can ask quite a few women and they'll tell you that I look good.

Bullaholic
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM
We can't defend against the pass because we keep running a zone and Cal keeps hitting the soft spots, and then we can't stop the run because they won't put anyone in the box. It should be a no brainer, our defense is getting ran over. I'm disgusted.

I'm with you, BBDE....what ever happened to the "Wrecking Crew" mentality on the "D"? I hate to see any team beat a Texas team, especially one from Cal. The Ags need to get meaner by next season.

BobcatBenny
12-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Dear Aggies,
Don't worry. The Red Raiders will hold up their end of the Big XII bowl assignment! :D

Sincerely,
Raider Red

http://www.ttu.edu/sites/images/thumbs/thmb_Image002.jpg

My other personality!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm with you, BBDE....what ever happened to the "Wrecking Crew" mentality on the "D"? I hate to see any team beat a Texas team, especially one from Cal. The Ags need to get meaner by next season.

It's one of the traditions that has apparently died out this year. Hopefully we can ignite it again next year and hit the ground running.

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 11:09 PM
down 21...:( you can write this one off...:thinking:
better luck next year, Aggies:rolleyes:

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Aggsy is apparently an insult, and intended to be one. You've shown that you have no class whatsoever, not me. I didn't say anything that wasn't completely obvious to anyone, you're being immature and have no tact whatsoever.

For the record, you can ask quite a few women and they'll tell you that I look good.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully your "good looks" make up for your lack of brains. Aggsy is intended to poke fun, not as an out an out insult. If you're going to be a baby and get bent outta shape over it, please, be my guest.

Also, please continue to label everyone that smacks you around in the battle of wits on here "classless". It's fairly obvious you're ticked ATM is getting rolled and you're going to try and take it out on whoever. You also know you're in tight with the mucky-mucks and you won't even get a slap on the wrist. At least that's what I hear.....;)

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Looks like Cal is getting a little revenge from the trouncing that Tech put on em two years ago.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah. Cal has played great tonight. Nothing bad on the Ags, just ran into a better squad.

Hope Goodson isnt hurt bad.

BobcatBenny
12-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah. Cal has played great tonight. Nothing bad on the Ags, just ran into a better squad.

Hope Goodson isnt hurt bad.

Yeah the Ags got Celina'd, or better known on the 3ADL Liberty Hill'd! :D

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:18 PM
You also know you're in tight with the mucky-mucks and you won't even get a slap on the wrist. At least that's what I hear.....;) :thinking: mucky-mucks :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:21 PM
:rolleyes:

Hopefully your "good looks" make up for your lack of brains. Aggsy is intended to poke fun, not as an out an out insult. If you're going to be a baby and get bent outta shape over it, please, be my guest.

Also, please continue to label everyone that smacks you around in the battle of wits on here "classless". It's fairly obvious you're ticked ATM is getting rolled and you're going to try and take it out on whoever. You also know you're in tight with the mucky-mucks and you won't even get a slap on the wrist. At least that's what I hear.....;)

Sorry, but I didn't get accepted into A&M for being stupid. I know people who made it into UT and didn't get accepted into A&M, so I must have been doing something right, not to knock on UT. You're absolutely right, I'm pissed that A&M is getting rolled, but I'm not sugarcoating it and making excuses about it, and being a future member of that very team I have a right to be pissed. As far as being in with the moderators, I'm subject to the rules just as anyone else is, it wouldn't be the first longtime poster that would be ROM'd, arguably the most popular poster on here was not too long ago. Also, a battle of wits takes place when both parties have the necessary tools, and your lacking makes one impossible.

OnceABucJr
12-28-2006, 11:23 PM
That's embaressing!

dogdad
12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
poor Aggies

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: mucky-mucks :thinking:

I take it he is talking about us mods??

Well thanks WTL.....er...I mean LOF!!

Mucky Mucks:

Great, exalted, august, majesty:D

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Sorry, but I didn't get accepted into A&M for being stupid. I know people who made it into UT and didn't get accepted into A&M, so I must have been doing something right, not to knock on UT. You're absolutely right, I'm pissed that A&M is getting rolled, but I'm not sugarcoating it and making excuses about it, and being a future member of that very team I have a right to be pissed. As far as being in with the moderators, I'm subject to the rules just as anyone else is, it wouldn't be the first longtime poster that would be ROM'd, arguably the most popular poster on here was not too long ago. Also, a battle of wits takes place when both parties have the necessary tools, and your lacking makes one impossible.

Hrm. . .so supposedly you're going to be playing for the Ags. . .but you didn't get accepted there for being stupid? Well it certainly wasn't for your grades then, but congrats.

And anytime you'd like to debate something just lemme know. It'd be easy since I'm so "lacking", right?;)

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 11:28 PM
...and being a future member of that very team ... Just make sure that you don't take lessons from Kellen Heard.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Hrm. . .so supposedly you're going to be playing for the Ags. . .but you didn't get accepted there for being stupid? Well it certainly wasn't for your grades then, but congrats.

And anytime you'd like to debate something just lemme know. It'd be easy since I'm so "lacking", right?;)

I'm a walk-on, so I did in fact get accepted for my grades.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm a walk-on, so I did in fact get accepted for my grades. In all seriousness, congratulations and best of luck.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Just make sure that you don't take lessons from Kellen Heard.

I've joked around with him in practice a lot, he's a good guy, definately not the kind of guy that you or anyone else thinks he might be. Yeah, my opinion is biased, but so what?

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I take it he is talking about us mods??

Well thanks WTL.....er...I mean LOF!!

Mucky Mucks:

Great, exalted, august, majesty:D

Some of you are more muckedy-muck than others.;)

And yes, it's just a term to identify someone's "betters" or "those in authority". I guess I could have written great and high muckedy-mucks...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 11:32 PM
In all seriousness, congratulations and best of luck.

Thanks. Sorry if I sounded disrespectful earlier, it was not my intention.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 11:32 PM
This game just got U.G.L.Y.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Shrug. Aggies are loaded for next year. They've got a tough road schedule, but they should be up around 9-10 wins again next season.

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Some of you are more muckedy-muck than others.;)

And yes, it's just a term to identify someone's "betters" or "those in authority". I guess I could have written great and high muckedy-mucks...

So you are saying some of us or higher than the others??

That would HAVE to be Pirate4State....LOL!!:smoker:

I crack myself up sometimes!!!!!

dogdad
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
45-10
ouch

buff4life
12-28-2006, 11:36 PM
A totally different Cal team will appear in this year's Holiday Bowl becuase they won't be sour over missing out on a BCS Game and they will be ready to hit the Aggies in the mouth....

...but i still have Cal by 17

just wanted to let everyone that argued with me about this topic....I WAS RIGHT!!!:D :D :eek: :D :D

JasperDog94
Originally posted by dogdad
45-10
ouch I feel bad for the players (minus 1) but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving coach.:evilgrin:

buff4life
the first three lines are pasted from an earlier thread about Cal and A&M

kaorder1999
12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
good for the Cal coach...he jumped that qbs butt for not taking a knee...

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
could javorskie lane be the first player to be moved from fullback to oline? or has it been done already? the rate he is going he will be over 400 next season...

carter08
12-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So you are saying some of us or higher than the others??

That would HAVE to be Pirate4State....LOL!!:smoker:

I crack myself up sometimes!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
12-28-2006, 11:38 PM
yeah...he is freaking huge...

mistanice
12-28-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm a walk-on, so I did in fact get
accepted for my grades.

I have a good friend that walked on this season. He's number 61 Cameron Alexander. With hard work and dedication it's very possible... he's the one that took me to my first aggie game with GREAT seats.

KTJ
12-28-2006, 11:45 PM

How is that any different from Aggie fans/students/players/coaches/professors calling UT "t.u."? It's not, is it?

But I digress. Interesting game, to say the least.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Don't the Aggies have a nutritionist or trainer that could put him on a regimen? If he had the right diet he could drop a lot of that pretty quick I think. It really hurts the Ags when he has to go out every other play to catch his breath.

wedo
12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
could javorskie lane be the first player to be moved from fullback to oline? or has it been done already? the rate he is going he will be over 400 next season...

I thought i was the only one that noticed that Javorkie Lane looked like he gained another 25lbs since the Texas game! Man you can see is Man boobies through his shoulder pads, at first i thought that maybe he had on rib protectors but i was wrong.

3afan
12-29-2006, 12:07 AM
way to go Ags ...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
How is that any different from Aggie fans/students/players/coaches/professors calling UT "t.u."? It's not, is it?

But I digress. Interesting game, to say the least.

It's not, which is why I say UT and call it the University of Texas. I'm willing to give some respect to the Longhorns. Maybe I just don't want to be a follower all of my life and give some respect in hopes of getting some in return someday.

Old Tiger
12-29-2006, 06:58 AM
http://chapters.redcross.org/br/centralplains/Media_Center/miscgraphics/images/band%20aid_JPG.jpg

Here ya go Aggy's yall need it :)

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 09:05 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/1001639ud2.jpg

Cal was the better team. They dominated both lines of scrimmage and really put it on the ags. Great game, nothing to be ashamed about, they lost to the Pac 10 champs, who had both players of the year. There young and will be back, only losing 2 starters on offense and defense I believe. Cal was just the better team. Horn fans, don't get to cocky, you keep making excuses about how this is a down year and all, you can read it on every board you go too, don't forget T+1 and K-State, good luck against Iowa, the horns should roll easily in that one, Iowa is horrible.... Gig' EM!

Gsquared
12-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Ags beat Texas and in the end thats all that matters for the A&M program. Ags will be pretty good next year for sure.

JJ7997
12-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Shrug. Aggies are loaded for next year. They've got a tough road schedule, but they should be up around 9-10 wins again next season.

Thats what I'm talking about. No reason to mope around after a tough loss like this, its only going to get better. I honestly didnt think Cal was that good though.There needs to be more positive posts like yours made more often !:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-29-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ags beat Texas and in the end thats all that matters for the A&M program. I think you summed it up right there. Forget their recent bowl record. As long as they can beat Texas, they're happy.

rundoe
12-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Aggies had a very impressive first drive. Cal got in a rythym and scored as well. Hopefully Cal will start turning over the ball.

Unfortunately they did. :(

LitanyofFury
12-29-2006, 10:51 AM
I think you summed it up right there. Forget their recent bowl record. As long as they can beat Texas, they're happy.

/signed

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 11:07 AM
yes another 9-10 win season is in the works.... add jerrod johnson, jamie Mccoy, and hopefully dez bryant, shawnbre mcneal, and javorskie and goodson already there....defense has to replace bullitt and one other...... 9-10 wins again, and the horns at home.....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I think you summed it up right there. Forget their recent bowl record. As long as they can beat Texas, they're happy.

That could not be any more inaccurate. To some fans, maybe, but not all of them.

JasperDog94
12-29-2006, 12:03 PM
That could not be any more inaccurate. To some fans, maybe, but not all of them. I think that would speak for a majority of fans. If you asked a 100 aggies if they'd rather win a bowl game or beat Texas, I bet Texas would win (so to speak).

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I think that would speak for a majority of fans. If you asked a 100 aggies if they'd rather win a bowl game or beat Texas, I bet Texas would win (so to speak).

True, but I guess I still have that football mentality of wanting to win all of them?

BTEXDAD
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
yes another 9-10 win season is in the works.... add jerrod johnson, jamie Mccoy, and hopefully dez bryant, shawnbre mcneal, and javorskie and goodson already there....defense has to replace bullitt and one other...... 9-10 wins again, and the horns at home.....

I'm honestly not trying to be a wise guy here, Funk, but Fran or somebody needs to put Lane on a diet. He looked 10-15 pounds heavier last night than he did against Texas. There's no way he couldn't be even better if he lost a little of that gut.

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 12:29 PM
true, I would like to see that as well.... he loses carries because he has to rest. He better be careful, they have alot of new recruits coming in with speed.... he needs to get into better shape for the team.

JasperDog94
12-29-2006, 01:30 PM
True, but I guess I still have that football mentality of wanting to win all of them? As it should be.

D_bird
12-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Does anyone know how bad Micheal Goodson's injury is? I know it looked pretty bad...

buff4life
12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Thats what I'm talking about. No reason to mope around after a tough loss like this, its only going to get better. I honestly didnt think Cal was that good though.There needs to be more positive posts like yours made more often !:clap: :clap: :clap:

i can tell...because of the insults i got about being overrated(Cal) just like my buffs were...the Ags were still happy by beating Texas once every seven years...they were still on a high

buff4life
12-29-2006, 02:25 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/schwabs17/1001639ud2.jpg

Cal was the better team. They dominated both lines of scrimmage and really put it on the ags. Great game, nothing to be ashamed about, they lost to the Pac 10 champs, who had both players of the year. There young and will be back, only losing 2 starters on offense and defense I believe. Cal was just the better team. Horn fans, don't get to cocky, you keep making excuses about how this is a down year and all, you can read it on every board you go too, don't forget T+1 and K-State, good luck against Iowa, the horns should roll easily in that one, Iowa is horrible.... Gig' EM!

ummm...hate to tell ya but USC was the Pac-10 champs...otherwise yall would have played USC and Cal would be in the Rose Bowl...but who knows and thanks for the look against the Hawkeyes and the homegrown quarterback

big daddy russ
12-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
ummm...hate to tell ya but USC was the Pac-10 champs...otherwise yall would have played USC and Cal would be in the Rose Bowl...but who knows and thanks for the look against the Hawkeyes and the homegrown quarterback
Actually, they were co-champs. They both finished with 7-2 records in conference, and in any conference without a championship game the championship is shared.

buff4life
12-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Actually, they were co-champs. They both finished with 7-2 records in conference, and in any conference without a championship game the championship is shared.

well USC won the tie-breaker because they beat them head to head....so now they weren't co-champs unless you look at it that way to make you feel better....so if Texas and A&M had ended up with the same record in the south they would have been co-south champions?

big daddy russ
12-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
well USC won the tie-breaker because they beat them head to head....so now they weren't co-champs unless you look at it that way to make you feel better....so if Texas and A&M had ended up with the same record in the south they would have been co-south champions?
Welcome to college football. Where bowl seedings aren't necessarily the same as conference championships. Try to keep up here.

The Trojans went to the Rose Bowl because they were the number one seed out of the Pac-10, not because they were the outright champs. On top of that, outside of the BCS bowls, no bowl is forced to take a certain team. So when you see "SEC no. 2 vs. Big Ten no. 2" next to the Capitol One Bowl, it just means the CO Bowl gets the next CHOICE of teams after the SEC and Big Ten champs. So they could've paired Tennessee with Iowa just as easily as they got Arkie and Wisconsin.

By the way, this is from a UCLA fan talking about the co-champions. (http://dumpdorrell.com/2006/12/04/cal-and-southern-cal-pac-10-co-champs/)

The NCAA recognizes them as co-champs. The Pac-10 recognizes them as co-champs. The Associated Press recognizes them as co-champs. So no matter how bad you want USC to be the outright champs, they're not....... unless you look at it that way to make yourself feel better.

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 03:28 PM
if texas and if texas and TEXAS A&M finished with the same record it would go to tie-breakers and so on.... conference title game equals one conference champ.... not division champ.

Funk-d-fied
12-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Mike Goodson was checked out last night in san diego and preliminary reports showed only a sprained knee, not as if that didn't hurt, but he is going to bet checked out in college station....

tigerpride_08
12-29-2006, 05:35 PM
i woke up this morning and was shocked to see the score so lopsided...

bulldogman06
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
this game made me mad, but i watched the whole thing. i was almost sick at the end. we did what we wanted in the first half, running all over them, and we had been playin better ball despite the score. they just came out in the 2nd half and rolled, and we could never slow their momentum. oh, and that Goodsen injury really really scared me, it looked terrible. and lane didnt look very good, like he was tired or not into it very much. good game by cal though, that lynch guy is a very very good player. either way, next year we will only be better and if lane drops that baby fat but stays big he will be a touchdown machine again next year. good luck to all the Texas and Big 12 teams in the rest of the bowls!

gobbler grad
12-29-2006, 06:46 PM
this game is OVER ...let it go...:thinking:

bulldogman06
12-29-2006, 06:47 PM
was that directed towards me? because i am over it and ready for next year

Old Tiger
12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
game ova

buff4life
12-30-2006, 02:26 AM
if texas and if texas and TEXAS A&M finished with the same record it would go to tie-breakers and so on.... conference title game equals one conference champ.... not division champ.

that is the point I was trying to make....USC went to the Rose Bowl because they were the true champs...recognized or not, they beat Cal head to head and that is the tie-breaker...argue all you want and tell me who and what recognizes them but USC is in the big bowl not by choice but by position

Old Tiger
12-30-2006, 02:30 AM
38-10:dispntd:

pirate4state
12-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
this game is OVER ...let it go...:thinking:

Well said. Move along

carter08
12-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Holiday
Bowls