12-28-2006, 05:47 PM
To TEXAS....

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 05:52 PM
source?

jason
12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
link ??

why wouldnt he go to baylor with his dad ??

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by jason
link ??

why wouldnt he go to baylor with his dad ??
I did a few searches and can't find anything. I'm thinking this is a joke...

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Kinne to Baylor of course (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36593)

Yeah, even if Kinne wanted to come to Texas Mack wouldn't give him a scholly. We've got 1 slot open since Brantley left and I think we'll be using it on a decent player like Creer or Christian Scott instead of a bum like Kinne.

jason
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Nothing on orangebloods yet, likely not true.

He wouldn't be able to beat out any QB next year anyways.

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Kinne to Baylor of course (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36593)

Yeah, even if Kinne wanted to come to Texas Mack wouldn't give him a scholly. We've got 1 slot open since Brantley left and I think we'll be using it on a decent player like Creer or Christian Scott instead of a bum like Kinne.
LOL. So you need a QB, but you wouldn't give him a scholarship because this red-chip prospect is a "bum?"

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. You're looking for QB's right now, not Lennon Creer. I'd be willing to bet that Mack's recruiting QB's harder than anything right now. Not saying that this story is true at all (I don't see Kinne wavering on his Baylor committment) and I don't keep up with Orangebloods or anything, but looking at UT's roster tells me that they'd be after another high-profile QB.

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
No Creer brotha, he aint gonna be offered at Tx. Theres a boy down south grabbing that scholarship. Limited scholarships for a back this year.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
LOL. So you need a QB, but you wouldn't give him a scholarship because this red-chip prospect is a "bum?"

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. You're looking for QB's right now, not Lennon Creer. I'd be willing to bet that Mack's recruiting QB's harder than anything right now. Not saying that this story is true at all (I don't see Kinne wavering on his Baylor committment) and I don't keep up with Orangebloods or anything, but looking at UT's roster tells me that they'd be after another high-profile QB.

What gives you the idea that Kinne is a high-profile QB? He's not rated anywhere that I know of higher than a 3-star. Of course we know 3-stars can work out well (Colt MC) but for all the character issues that kid has if I was Mack I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole.

Now, you are correct we could use another QB, but there are some REAL high profile QBs that are like Kinne and have committed elsewhere that we'd be going after first like Gilbert Moye, etc.

Brantley did a lot of damage with his de-commit not so much because miss him, but because he screwed us on picking these other kids up. Mallett and Moye probably would have been committed if we hadn't decided to take on Brantley so early.

I know several people here have said Sherrod isn't much, but I don't think they've seen him play personally. From all indications he's legit and could step in if Colt went down and do fine. That's also his status as of RIGHT NOW. He'll have a lot of time this off-season to get better and run drills with the receivers, etc. So, I'm not too worried about our QB situation especially since Colt is supposedly back to 100%. Now. . .DB? Yeah. . .I'm a little worried.

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared

Do tell then.

injuredinmelee
12-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Check orangebloods now!!!

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Three star is high-profile.

Let me give you an overview of a typical year of recruiting. Texas usually sends anywhere from 300-350 HS kids to D-I schools any given year. We send the most of any state. By far. Cal is typically second with somewhere between 250-275, while Florida has a little less.

Now look at the Texas Elite, the top 100. Scroll down to the last 50 or so prospects. Are they four- or five-star?

Typically, there are only about 25 five-star prospects in the world per year. There are only about 150 four star prospects per year. Meanwhile, there are 119 Division I-A schools fighting for those 175 prospects.

Since you have the top 100 in front of you, I want you to look down the list of quarterbacks. Depending on which service you're using, you'll see the usual guys at the top. Ryan Mallett, John Chiles (ATH), Jarrett Lee, Brandon Williams (ATH), Joe Chaisson, and GJ Kinne. On Rivals, he's the 69th-best prospect in the state. On Scout, he's number 68.

I know you're not used to getting three-star prospects as a Texas fan, but tons of elite teams have made a living off of two- and three-star prospects. West Virginia only has two prospects on their entire roster who were four- or five-star prospects out of HS. Both were running backs and neither one is their starter. Auburn lives off three stars, as do schools like Notre Dame (their last few classes weren't very Notre Dame-like), Arizona State, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Arkansas, Cal, and Iowa.

There is nothing wrong with recruiting a guy like Kinne. People get too caught up in the five-star hype, but what they don't realize is that some of those three-star guys wind up being Heisman trophy winners. Just because a kid's the number one recruit out of high school doesn't mean jack when he steps foot on the gridiron. Just ask Jorrie Adams, Demetris Summers, and Ryan Moore.

Do I think he'll wind up going to Austin? Nope.

Do I think you'll wind up getting a different three-star QB instead of Kinne? Yup.

injuredinmelee
12-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Kinne will be a good one. Needs a year in a good strength program like Maddens and will shine at UT. Baylor kicking themselves for hiring Daddy now?

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=81

id like to see him and curtis brown play together in texas, theyre a fun combo. and i do think kinne could beat out (i forgot his name...) in a year or two.

Txbroadcaster
12-28-2006, 07:00 PM
) but for all the character issues that kid has if I was Mack I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft. pole.

I know the kid so please explain his character issues? The Gilmer situaton is a blip to coaches. What they see is a kid who was able to fight thru his dad nearly being killed and go to the SAME school the shooter's son went to.

KL3
12-28-2006, 07:07 PM
But, but, but how could this kid do this to Baylor? How in the world could he be committed to Baylor for so long and now go back on his word??? Baylor was done recruiting QB's and now they are stuck.

Does this sound familiar longhorn fans?

tiger_94
12-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Having McCoy, Harris and Chiles next year and the oldest being a sophmore I would not think Mack would be trying to get a qb for this years class this late in the recruiting year would he?

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
Having McCoy, Harris and Chiles next year and the oldest being a sophmore I would not think Mack would be trying to get a qb for this years class this late in the recruiting year would he?
He just did.

Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?school=81

They needed depth more than anything. You have two guys who are recruited as athletes trying to man the QB position and only one natural QB back there... and McCoy isn't the quickest guy in the world.

After seeing some highlight videos of Kinne, I really think he'll be great for UT. He has a better arm than any of the other QB's and is fast enough (runs a 4.6) to do some damage with his legs. Now Mack doesn't have to worry as much about what to do if his starter is injured (like he did with the Alamo Bowl). He has a few different choices, and at least one of these guys has to pan out.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by KL3
But, but, but how could this kid do this to Baylor? How in the world could he be committed to Baylor for so long and now go back on his word??? Baylor was done recruiting QB's and now they are stuck.

Does this sound familiar longhorn fans? Not all of us are happy about this.

Comeaux
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
In high school he was a mouthy player- like father like son.

When he picked up the flag one night and threw it back at the offical I questioned his character.

Would Mack want a kid that his dad coaches at another big 12 school.

$cooter!
12-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Were talking about Mack Brown here. who knows what that guy is thinking

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 08:49 PM

What in the hell?? Since when do we start calling kids bums?? :doh:

These are the types of things that will get all of these college threads closed & banned from this site!!

AND...

If you have a problem with me closing this thread take it up in a PM!