PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Bad Man coming to tv!

Phil C
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
This good western will be on Encore Western Channel on Wednesday January 3, 2007 from 7:20 A.M. to 8:50 A.M.

It is about a judge who is to sentence a convicted murderer. Some of the murderer's relatives come to town with idea that he should get a very light sentence. They bully the town into seeing it their way. A subplot involves the Judge's fiancee deciding she loves the sherrif instead.

This is a good movie made in 1958 in color. It is not a great western but still an enjoyable one with a great cast.

Fred McMurray (later famous as the father in tv series My Three Sons) plays the judge.

Joan Weldon plays his fiancee.

John Ericson is the cowardly sheriff.

Robert Middleton is the head of the bad men that show up to change the town's mind of the sentencing. He is joined by several other relatives which includes Lee Van Cleef and Skip Homeier as the young hot head.

Edgar Buchana plays the judge's assistant.

Marie Windsor is outstanding as the bad girl Cora.

Don Haggerty is Deputy Floyd.

If you watch carefully you can see Paul Peterson as one of the young boys in the streets. He was in several movies and in the 1960s he was a teen idol producing such hits as My Dad.

This is a good movie that I haven't seen since it came out and I know I am looking forward to it. I won't get to watch it that time but my recorder will be on. Enjoy!

Phil C
12-31-2006, 10:02 AM
A change. I think it is on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. It will also be on Tuesday night. Check your tv guide for the times to be sure. It will also be repeated several more times this month on the Encore Western Channel.

Phil C
12-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
A change. I think it is on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. It will also be on Tuesday night. Check your tv guide for the times to be sure. It will also be repeated several more times this month on the Encore Western Channel.

Never mind this post. It is on Wednesday after all. It will be repeated Wednesday night on the same channel at 9:05 P.M. to 10:35 P.M. Enjoy! :)

Phil C
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Don't forget that it is on Wednesday. :)

Phil C
01-02-2007, 09:25 AM
tomorrow! :)