gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 12:56 PM
till he gets thrown out for taking a cheap shot on someone...:thinking:

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Good question but I got 5 on it that this thread gets closed

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm serious. Is he being allowed to play tonight?

Funk-d-fied
12-28-2006, 12:59 PM
He is playing.... why wouldn't he, he was disciplined accordingly according to Fran.

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I know you are but some people take things a bit too far. Oh wait g$$ hasn't posted lately.:doh:

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
I hope if he plays , he plays to the best of his ability and has a heck of a game...:clap:

he's not a bad person...

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Im going to lunch...I noticed that Rita is still on. If this thread goes south, it will be closed!

If too many college related threads have to be closed they just won't be allowed on the board any longer and will be deleted as soon as they are posted.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face!!

carter08
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I know you are but some people take things a bit too far. Oh wait g$$ hasn't posted lately.:doh:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Im going to lunch...I noticed that Rita is still on. If this thread goes south, it will be closed!

If too many college related threads have to be closed they just won't be allowed on the board any longer and will be deleted as soon as they are posted.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face!! One time when I was little I accidently cut my nose with scissors.

Funk-d-fied
12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
He is playing tonight...

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 01:04 PM
One time when I was little I accidently cut my nose with scissors.

that wasn't long ago was it...:D

j/k dude...:D

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
that wasn't long ago was it...:D

j/k dude...:D Like in 2cd grade:mad: :mad:

Funk-d-fied
12-28-2006, 01:13 PM
From Rachel Cohen in the DMN this morning:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The coaches believe that Heard's late hit was a case of poor judgment, not malicious intent, so you're not going to see any severe sanctions.

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
nm

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 01:58 PM
One time when I was little I accidently cut my nose with scissors.

Ashton did that to Chad also...he still bears the scar!!:D

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Not that this surprises me, but this will end any support that I give the A&M football team as long as Fran is in charge. He's just like Tom Osborne...except without the national championships. Totally classless.

KL3
12-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Not that this surprises me, but this will end any support that I give the A&M football team as long as Fran is in charge. He's just like Tom Osborne...except without the national championships. Totally classless.

2 words. Drama Queen.

You can't really be serious with those comments can you?

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by KL3
2 words. Drama Queen.

You can't really be serious with those comments can you? Yes I am. I root for A&M when they're not playing Texas. Not anymore. This kid took a cheap shot and won't even be suspended for it. That tells me all I need to know about Fran.

KL3
12-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Jasper, do you really think there has never been a Texas player to take a "cheap shot" at anyone? Robert Killebrew has one every single game. He is widely considered to be the dirtiest player in the Big 12.

To say you are going a little overboard would be an understatement.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Jasper, do you really think there has never been a Texas player to take a "cheap shot" at anyone? Robert Killebrew has one every single game. He is widely considered to be the dirtiest player in the Big 12.

To say you are going a little overboard would be an understatement. How many games was Killebrew tossed this year? Who is this "widely considered" group you speak of?

Mack Brown suspended players that were under investigation before the biggest game of the year. Charges were later dropped, but he did the correct thing.

If Fran lets this kid play, then he's setting a dangerous precedent.

carter08
12-28-2006, 09:33 PM
hmm

http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/lockd.gif ?

KL3
12-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Your right Jasper, Mack Brown is a saint. Take a look at some recent activities from him and his team......................

Brock Edwards convicted of assault where the victim required facial reconstruction surgery. Edwards remained on the team. 2002

Benson arrested on posession and paraphenelia charges, 2002. Charges were dropped, and Benson remained on the team.

Larry Dibbles, Aaron Harris, Edorian McCullough and Selvin Young arrested for possession, 2003 The charges dropped after DA says illegal search and seizure, but players remained on the team.

Cedric Benson breaking and entering for his plasma, 2003. He was convicted, but remained on the team.

Matt Nordgren and Cedric Griffin assault and criminal mischief, 2003. They were convicted, but remained on the team.

Aaron Harris gets into a fight on 6th and gets breaking his jaw. Arrested along with Kaelen Jakes, 2003. Players remained on the team.

Ramonce Taylor, Cedric Griffin, and two other players investigated for aggravated robbery this December. Investigation underway, but both players will play vs. USC in the Rose Bowl.

carter08
12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Your right Jasper, Mack Brown is a saint. Take a look at some recent activities from him and his team......................

Brock Edwards convicted of assault where the victim required facial reconstruction surgery. Edwards remained on the team. 2002

Benson arrested on posession and paraphenelia charges, 2002. Charges were dropped, and Benson remained on the team.

Larry Dibbles, Aaron Harris, Edorian McCullough and Selvin Young arrested for possession, 2003 The charges dropped after DA says illegal search and seizure, but players remained on the team.

Cedric Benson breaking and entering for his plasma, 2003. He was convicted, but remained on the team.

Matt Nordgren and Cedric Griffin assault and criminal mischief, 2003. They were convicted, but remained on the team.

Aaron Harris gets into a fight on 6th and gets breaking his jaw. Arrested along with Kaelen Jakes, 2003. Players remained on the team.

Ramonce Taylor, Cedric Griffin, and two other players investigated for aggravated robbery this December. Investigation underway, but both players will play vs. USC in the Rose Bowl.

How is any of that Mack Brown's fault
People have free will

KL3
12-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Carter, he made it sound like there was any trouble with his players, he immediately took charge and punished them. Obviously, from the facts I posted, that is not the case. Mack Brown is like any other coach in America in this regard.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 10:51 PM
We're talking about on the field conduct. At least I thought we were.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yes I am. I root for A&M when they're not playing Texas. Not anymore. This kid took a cheap shot and won't even be suspended for it. That tells me all I need to know about Fran.

It wasn't a cheap shot, get your facts straight. McCoy was running down the field towards the play, and if the whistle had blown, it had blown just before Heard delivered the hit. Anybody who is on the field of play and is on defense is subject to blocking, no matter if they have their chinstrap on or not, and McCoy was clearly on defense. You don't have to support A&M, you have that right, but you should go back and look at what really happened instead of putting a spin on something. If the NCAA had thought it was as bad as you said they did, then Heard would not have been playing. Now either you're wrong, or the entire NCAA is, and from the looks of it, you're severely outnumbered and have absolutely no say. ;)

slpybear the bullfan
12-28-2006, 11:05 PM
tiredhead....

LitanyofFury
12-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It wasn't a cheap shot, get your facts straight. McCoy was running down the field towards the play, and if the whistle had blown, it had blown just before Heard delivered the hit. Anybody who is on the field of play and is on defense is subject to blocking, no matter if they have their chinstrap on or not, and McCoy was clearly on defense. You don't have to support A&M, you have that right, but you should go back and look at what really happened instead of putting a spin on something. If the NCAA had thought it was as bad as you said they did, then Heard would not have been playing. Now either you're wrong, or the entire NCAA is, and from the looks of it, you're severely outnumbered and have absolutely no say. ;)

Yeah, McCoy was DEFINITELY going to make a play on the guy that made the pick and he DEFINITELY wasn't unbuckling his helmet...:rolleyes:

Heard got ejected for a reason. If Fran doesnt want to suspend him w/e. Obviously the Ags needed him tonight so they only got trounced by 30 instead of half a hundy.

Also, KL3 is right. There's plenty of thugs that've played on Texas teams. They've also gotten dealt with accordingly. Ramonce got tossed even before his weed incident, T. Brown and Gatewood got suspended for the biggest game this year. These kids are gonna do what they're gonna do and it certainly isn't Fran's fault Heard decided to play enforcer. If Fran doesn't feel the need to suspend him fine. He got tossed out of the game and I doubt he'll pull that crap again or Fran prolly will toss him.

JasperDog94
12-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
It wasn't a cheap shot, get your facts straight. McCoy was running down the field towards the play, and if the whistle had blown, it had blown just before Heard delivered the hit. Anybody who is on the field of play and is on defense is subject to blocking, no matter if they have their chinstrap on or not, and McCoy was clearly on defense. You don't have to support A&M, you have that right, but you should go back and look at what really happened instead of putting a spin on something. If the NCAA had thought it was as bad as you said they did, then Heard would not have been playing. Now either you're wrong, or the entire NCAA is, and from the looks of it, you're severely outnumbered and have absolutely no say. ;) Then why did coach Fran send a letter of apology to Colt and Mack?

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Oh well...you can't say you weren't warned!!:rolleyes: