PDA

View Full Version : Good employee

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Okay, so I wake up this morning just sick as a dog. My boss is in sunny San Diego and I know I have to get up feed his cat & come into the office, but I just can't make myself move. Everything hurts. I think it is safe to say I have the flu or something very close to it. :weeping:

At 9am, I finally drag myself out of bed, hack for what seems like forever :D take a shower, drink some thera-flu and drag my butt into the office.

I tell myself I will only stay here until the mailman comes in. Well, he just came in!! :D Now, I feel bad for wanting to leave when I've only been here like 30 minutes. ROFL!

I think I have a fever!! I don't really want to forward our calls to my cell phone b/c I don't want to be bothered by anyone while I'm home AND I wouldn't really be able to help anyone since legally, I'm not a lawyer. :nerd:

So, should I stick around until lunch or just leave now?? :thinking:

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 11:15 AM
just leave now!!! :mad:

Oh...and I would recommend picking up some Zicam. I bought some of that stuff when I had the flu a few weeks ago and it works GREAT!!! I had never heard of it but I'm hooked now. Plus if you're wanting to sleep it will get the job done. I can take a lot of drowsy medications and not feel a thing but whew...Zicam had me out in 30-45 minutes. It's worth a try :)

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 11:16 AM
OMG RITA I think you have that new flu they were talkin about on the news... dude you better watch it this could KILL YOU..... I would go home:nerd:

NERD stay there till lunch you can do it:inlove:

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 11:17 AM
YOu also might have Bird Flu!

CHS_CG
12-28-2006, 11:18 AM
OR WEST NILE...... :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
just leave now!!! :mad:

Oh...and I would recommend picking up some Zicam. I bought some of that stuff when I had the flu a few weeks ago and it works GREAT!!! I had never heard of it but I'm hooked now. Plus if you're wanting to sleep it will get the job done. I can take a lot of drowsy medications and not feel a thing but whew...Zicam had me out in 30-45 minutes. It's worth a try :)

:thinking: hmmmmmm....I just bought a bunch of that thera-flu stuff b/c that always seems to help me, but if I don't feel better tomorrow I'll try your Zicam.

Yesterday, when I left the office I fell asleep for over 4 hours. I thought I'd have trouble sleeping, but I was out like a light at 11pm.

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
OR WEST NILE...... :eek: :eek:

ROFL! I was cleared of West Nile!!! :p :p :thumbsup:

Bird Flu .... :eek: :eek: :thinking: doubtful, but ya never know! ;)

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
YOu also might have Bird Flu!
P4S, do you have a uncontrollable urge to crap on someones car?

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:22 AM
GO HOME!!!!

Rest is the absolute best thing!!

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Now that you mention it.....

SWMustang
12-28-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't feel well either - nit the Flu though, just a cold. I've been coming to work. I had an employee call me today saying he was sick. I didn't believe him and I've been PO'd all morning thinking of that no good lazy butt who didn't even have the courtesy to show up and at worst "mail it in" today. Especially since we're already shorthanded with vacations.

Gsquared
12-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

Now that you mention it.....
Uh oh, you got the bird flu my friend. Im calling in with S.I.D.S again tomorrow

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Uh oh, you got the bird flu my friend. Im calling in with S.I.D.S again tomorrow

Quit making me laugh. It makes me cough & it hurts my chest!! :crying: ;)

carter08
12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
You work for a lawyer?

Thats cool
Denny Crane

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by carter08
You work for a lawyer?

Thats cool
Denny Crane

I've never watched Boston Legal so I have no clue if my boss is like Denny Crane, but he is a lawyer. :D

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
so why is this titled good employee? your tryin to skip out of work. :thinking:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
so why is this titled good employee? your tryin to skip out of work. :thinking:

BECAUSE I CAME TO WORK!! I shouldn't even be here, not the way I'm feeling. The only good thing is no one else is here for me to infect. :D

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 12:12 PM
BECAUSE I CAME TO WORK!! I shouldn't even be here, not the way I'm feeling. The only good thing is no one else is here for me to infect. :D :rolleyes:

:evil:

44INAROW
12-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Rita - go home and stay there...... and I hope you feel better soon........

PS I stayed home today :devil:

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

The day is young...you can still get sick!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Rita - go home and stay there...... and I hope you feel better soon........

:thumbsup: I'm home!! :) I feel better already. ;) j/k - My head is killing me. I wonder if I can take more than one type of medication? :thinking:

SintonFan
12-28-2006, 01:03 PM
ROFL!
:D

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
stay at work and spread it around...:D :D
be a good employee...

:thinking:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
stay at work and spread it around...:D :D
be a good employee...

:thinking:

LOL! I came home. The only person I'd spread it to is myself. :cool:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I don't feel better. I took a 2 hour nap and still feel crappy. When will this end?? :weeping: :weeping:

DU_stud04
12-28-2006, 05:13 PM
I don't feel better. I took a 2 hour nap and still feel crappy. When will this end?? :weeping: :weeping: whenever you give back the tp you stole from work.
hahaha jk

:evil:
:p