PDA

View Full Version : Early Favorites for 2007

Darren
12-28-2006, 10:59 AM
I know that this is very very early. But who is returning a good squad next year.

Also Give me your Top 3 pre-season picks.

I'll Take

1. Cuero
2. Giddings
3. Hondo ???

I don't really know what Quero or Hondo are returning but I know Giddings will still have Brock, Dock and Bradley.

What do you think?

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Quero??

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Quero??

yeah...its down by Cueso! ;)

Ranger Mom
12-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah...its down by Cueso! ;)

:D ohhhhh....gotcha!!:thumbsup:

setxsports
12-28-2006, 11:12 AM
WOS. Alot back on both sides of the ball.

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 12:44 PM
You have the usual suspects...

Cuero
WO-S
Gilmer

Then the others

Liberty Hill
Celina

carter08
12-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Celina
Gilmer
WOS

Surprise Teams
Columbia
Hondo

BILLYFRED0000
12-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Celina is returning 16 starters and has some underclassmen that are monster players as well. The two jv teams freshmen teams and jr high have only lost 2 games in the last 3 years. Actually I think lost one and a tie. I know we have an 8 grader that is 6 1
235. He looks real good. Don't know what coach is going to do with him yet. He moves like a linebacker or DE but has enough speed for the backfield. Nice problem to have.

mwynn05
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Celina
Gilmer
WOS

Surprise Teams
Columbia
Hondo How will Hondo be a surprise after going to the state semifinals?

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Rockdale will turn a few heads

carter08
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
How will Hondo be a surprise after going to the state semifinals?

They play in Region 4

TexanAlum_06
12-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Boosty told me that Hondo has relatively nothing coming back. As for Wimberley. I believe they have only 5 starters coming back. They will be really young. but their schedule will make them grow up in a hurry. So I expect a 3 or 4 loss regular season. Honestly. but in about 2 or 3 years Wimberley will be a top contender again. the Freshman class this year and 8th grade group are stout.

TexanAlum_06
12-28-2006, 01:06 PM
LH will be just as good if not better. with pretty much everyone comin back. Im already looking forward to the LH/Cuero matchup!

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
LH will be just as good if not better. with pretty much everyone comin back. Im already looking forward to the LH/Cuero matchup! That game will be in Liberty Hill, right?? Damn....gonna have to make a road trip! :D

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That game will be in Liberty Hill, right?? Damn....gonna have to make a road trip! :D Whateva

TexanAlum_06
12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes it will be in LH. Since it was at Cuero this year

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Im already looking forward to the LH/Cuero matchup!

i'm not...:(

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Whateva I'll make a weekend out of it. :thumbsup: Should still be a pretty good match-up, no?? :thinking:

pirate4state
12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
i'm not...:( Why not? You guys always reload. Who is gonna take over at QB?? How many are you graduating?

Old Tiger
12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
I'll make a weekend out of it. :thumbsup: Should still be a pretty good match-up, no?? :thinking: nope blowout either way

LHPfactory
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Im looking forward to a LH/Celina rematch in week 16...... Giddings, WOS, and LH will be beating the crap out of each other just to get out of R3 though.

necks_c/09
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Celina
Gilmer
WOS

Surprise Teams
Columbia
Hondo

no offense carter but i dont think were gonna be as good next year....we lost a great senior squad......we have some good athletes that are juniors but that is not a very big class and our sophmores are pretty good but they're sophmores......and we will have a sophmore Qb next year.....i honestly dont know how much we can do.....
and as yall know we lost the player who makes all the wheels turn...that one kid named flannel.....

Yea he was pretty good for us and he is almost unreplacable...i dont know what we will do.....

I know that needville is supposed to be very good next year so be warned.....their fish and j-v both went 10-0 i think...

necks_c/09
12-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
How will Hondo be a surprise after going to the state semifinals?

same way columbia will after going to the quarterfinals.....

b/c we are both losing alot of people....thats how..

carter08
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
no offense carter but i dont think were gonna be as good next year....we lost a great senior squad......we have some good athletes that are juniors but that is not a very big class and our sophmores are pretty good but they're sophmores......and we will have a sophmore Qb next year.....i honestly dont know how much we can do.....
and as yall know we lost the player who makes all the wheels turn...that one kid named flannel.....

Yea he was pretty good for us and he is almost unreplacable...i dont know what we will do.....

I know that needville is supposed to be very good next year so be warned.....their fish and j-v both went 10-0 i think...

Team Chemistry
I know you've heard all about it during Pre-Cal. Every junior on the team agrees that they will be better next year because the they will actually be a team

Darren
12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Darren
I know that this is very very early. But who is returning a good squad next year.

Also Give me your Top 3 pre-season picks.

I'll Take

1. Cuero
2. Giddings
3. Hondo ???

I don't really know what Quero or Hondo are returning but I know Giddings will still have Brock, Dock and Bradley.

What do you think?

I fixed it you happy now

Adidas410s
12-28-2006, 01:50 PM
two teams to watch out for...

Graham and Royse City

Graham returns 8 or 9 on both sides of the ball including an all-state OL/DL and FB/LB (all-state at LB). With McCoy having now spent a full year in the offense (remember he went from 8th grade to varsity!!!) and more time to mature (he's only 15), the Steers will be very tough.

I don't have as much info on Royse City (check with dogdad and G2) but I know that they're returning most if not all of their skill players from an offense that averaged over 400 yds (and I think 40 points as well) per game. If they can find any sort of a defense then they will be pretty salty next year.

TexanAlum_06
12-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

Wimberley will feel that pain next year without Buse. the guy replacing him is a good LB and a good RB with decent size and great speed. but he is still no Buse.

mustang04
12-28-2006, 02:56 PM
SWEETWATER ..........

will be praying just to make the playoffs next year...but i still luv 'em!

Darren
12-28-2006, 03:00 PM
What are your thoughts of Giddings team next year?

With the return of Brock and Dock. Will they be able to account for key losses in the line and losing Jarmon?

Anyone else have anymore info on the players returning vs. lost?

gobbler grad
12-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Who is gonna take over at QB??

believe that is the million $ question...whoever it is, will be very young...:thinking:
will be some big shoes to fill:eek:

buff4life
12-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Darren
What are your thoughts of Giddings team next year?

With the return of Brock and Dock. Will they be able to account for key losses in the line and losing Jarmon?

Anyone else have anymore info on the players returning vs. lost?

Bradley will be a good replacement...he is faster and extremely strong...he can get the tough yards too...he may not be as big and as much of a beast as jarmon, but he hits the hole quicker and can pose a faster threat

Tx Challenge
12-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Wimberley will feel that pain next year without Buse. the guy replacing him is a good LB and a good RB with decent size and great speed. but he is still no Buse.

Tough schedule or not, you guys will be in the thick of things next year. The Texans get stronger as the year goes on. The 4 team district all but guarantees you a playoff spot. By then Nelms will have Wimberley ticking on all cylinders. No doubt, they will be around next year well into the playoffs.

LH will also be in decent shape. Yes they are losing some key players. They also will bring back some exp. They have a stout JV team moving up. Will be interesting for sure. Cant Wait!

icu812
12-28-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm going to be a homer and say Van.

Freshman and JV both won district. Lots of Soph. started this year on varsity plus the return of the #1 RB recruit in the state of Texas (any classification) next year. Hopefully, they will do what they should have done this year...make a deep playoff run.

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I'm going to be a homer and say Van.

Freshman and JV both won district. Lots of Soph. started this year on varsity plus the return of the #1 RB recruit in the state of Texas (any classification) next year. Hopefully, they will do what they should have done this year...make a deep playoff run.
I thought that honor went to Gilmer's Justin Johnson.

Either way, if your fish and JV both won district while a ton of sophs played on varsity, that should make for a great team.

big daddy russ
12-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Dang, I just looked it up and that Van RB is number two in Texas on the Rivals.com list for 2008. That is a team to watch out for.

GreenMachine
12-28-2006, 06:15 PM
We lose a lot of seniors, but we always find a way to field a damn good team. Our JV team was pretty good, going 9-1. :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
Im looking forward to a LH/Celina rematch in week 16...... Giddings, WOS, and LH will be beating the crap out of each other just to get out of R3 though. It's nice you are looking forward to that, but I feel a few teams may have a say about that :thinking:

ILS1
12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Rockdale will turn a few heads

Your kidding right?? :D :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know what Vernon has coming back next year?

necks
12-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Royse City

LHPfactory
12-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
It's nice you are looking forward to that, but I feel a few teams may have a say about that :thinking:

No doubt they will, im not saying im predicting it, just hoping we will reload the key positions we lost and do it again. Perrin and Bode along with a few of the great linemen will be lost and tough to replace. I do have a good feeling about it though, the underclassmen are good and motivated, we will have big Doug, Cody, Marlowe, Dustin, and many others back. I liked it better at the beginning of this season when Texas Football had us 3rd in our district and barely making the playoffs. Less pressure, however, LH will be the defending champs and others will be gunning for the Panthers. Im sure Giddings will have a bone to pick come the playoffs this year, that will be a classic. Cant wait.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Celina will have 8-8 starters returning from a 15-1 team

including the QB/2 RB's and 2 WR's and most of the o-line

One of those running backs ran for 31 touchdowns, the other was the leading receiver

sounds like we will be doing alright

dogdad
12-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
two teams to watch out for...

Graham and Royse City

I don't have as much info on Royse City (check with dogdad and G2) but I know that they're returning most if not all of their skill players from an offense that averaged over 400 yds (and I think 40 points as well) per game. If they can find any sort of a defense then they will be pretty salty next year.

RC returns 16 starters including 8 sophs
Graduating 1 RB and 1 WR from an offense that averaged 425 ypg
and 5500 total yds.

RC's QB position threw for 3000yds, rushed for 1500yds. and accounted for 45 TDs in 2006. This was 2 kids rotating at QB and both are back next year (one is soph and one is JR)

RCs JV was undefeated dist. champs and should fortify the defense in a big way.

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 11:51 AM
i wish RC and Celina would play in

charlesrixey
12-29-2006, 11:52 AM
i wish RC and Celina would play again

dogdad
12-29-2006, 12:19 PM
me too

TheDOCTORdre
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
SWEETWATER ..........

will be praying just to make the playoffs next year...but i still luv 'em!
i still think sweetwater makes the playoffs next year, they wont make any noise but they'll be there, its the year after that, that i see a huge drop off coming to the stangs.

Black_Magic
12-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Snyder may not be too strong next year. They only have 8 comming back on Offence and 6 comming back on D.:kiss: